Does Iraq want us there?

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:15 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;25759 wrote:
Neither, it makes him himself. And right now he looks alot like you.

how do you know what i look like ? :eek:
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:33 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;25672 wrote:
im in my 30s pino :thumbup: your son is going through his "commie phase" lol what happened to you pino ? did the army make you a right-winger ? you talk about your sons political beliefs pino,does it make him a bad person or a bad american ?

Yeah....I went into the Army, decided to stay, travelled to Latin America, lived there, and gradually concluded, through a combination of experience, further study, and emotional maturation, that Marx was totally wrong. That meant, to me at least, that all his minions -- Lenin, Castro, Che, Ho, etc., etc. -- were wrong as well. I also reconverted to my childhood religion, and again, studied, prayed, learned more and more as I went along, and gradually concluded Communism is not only crap, but dangerously wrong. I thank God, the Catholic Church, the US Army, the many people I met, got to know, whose works I read, and I thank the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA as well, for setting me straight. They were right, all along, as evidenced by the thunderous collapse of the Soviet Union and the whimpering end of all meaningful Communist revolutions worldwide, beginning in 1989. :headbang:

PS: My job in the Army in Latin America was that of political, socio-economic, military and counter-narcotics intelligence analyst. I did a good bit of crawling around in the guts of the very animal I thought I had learned all about in college. Experience itself was an excellent counter-force to textbook knowledge.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:45 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;25798 wrote:
how do you know what i look like ? :eek:

By listening to your words, gives me a damn good idea on what on the inside. As we all know outsides can be rather deceiving.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:14 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;25843 wrote:
By listening to your words, gives me a damn good idea on what on the inside. As we all know outsides can be rather deceiving.

and what ideas are they ?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:18 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25815 wrote:
Yeah....I went into the Army, decided to stay, travelled to Latin America, lived there, and gradually concluded, through a combination of experience, further study, and emotional maturation, that Marx was totally wrong. That meant, to me at least, that all his minions -- Lenin, Castro, Che, Ho, etc., etc. -- were wrong as well. I also reconverted to my childhood religion, and again, studied, prayed, learned more and more as I went along, and gradually concluded Communism is not only crap, but dangerously wrong. I thank God, the Catholic Church, the US Army, the many people I met, got to know, whose works I read, and I thank the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA as well, for setting me straight. They were right, all along, as evidenced by the thunderous collapse of the Soviet Union and the whimpering end of all meaningful Communist revolutions worldwide, beginning in 1989. :headbang:

PS: My job in the Army in Latin America was that of political, socio-economic, military and counter-narcotics intelligence analyst. I did a good bit of crawling around in the guts of the very animal I thought I had learned all about in college. Experience itself was an excellent counter-force to textbook knowledge.

so that explains your love of right-wing dictators,working for the military in latin america.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 10:53 am
@Silverchild79,
It's partly a spoof, Scoob. No....in theory, I don't approve of any form of brutal authoritarianism. Nonetheless, I believe some societies as just too screwed up to know what's good for them, and have to be managed, at times, from the 'outside', if you will. Pinochet was right for Chile. Allende was a scoundrel propped up and empowered by the Soviets, through Cuba. Screw'm hard. Why don't you spend some time in Cuba, Scoob, just to experience your political passions?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 11:52 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25869 wrote:
It's partly a spoof, Scoob. No....in theory, I don't approve of any form of brutal authoritarianism. Nonetheless, I believe some societies as just too screwed up to know what's good for them, and have to be managed, at times, from the 'outside', if you will. Pinochet was right for Chile. Allende was a scoundrel propped up and empowered by the Soviets, through Cuba. Screw'm hard. Why don't you spend some time in Cuba, Scoob, just to experience your political passions?

pinochet-good guy,alliende-bad guy ! YEH RIGHT PINO :thumbdown:
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 11:56 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;25889 wrote:
pinochet-good guy,alliende-bad guy ! YEH RIGHT PINO :thumbdown:

Yeah.....Commies= the bad guys; non-Commies= the good guys. You're learning, Grasshopper. You're learning. Yeah....albeit slowly, but some progress is better than none. Also, when are you going to Cuba for an extended visit, to experience your political passions at work?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25893 wrote:
Yeah.....Commies= the bad guys; non-Commies= the good guys. You're learning, Grasshopper. You're learning. Yeah....albeit slowly, but some progress is better than none. Also, when are you going to Cuba for an extended visit, to experience your political passions at work?

pinochet,franco,mussolini,noriega,batista,and hitler,all anti-communist and good guys pino.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:35 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25893 wrote:

Pic looks like De Nero?
xj0hnx

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:38 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;26040 wrote:
Pic looks like De Nero?

It is, from Taxi Driver.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:36 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;25902 wrote:
pinochet,franco,mussolini,noriega,batista,and hitler,all anti-communist and good guys pino.

You shouldn't group them together. Some kept their act together, others didn't. Noriega, for example, lost control through personal drug addiction and alcoholism. He became crazier by the day, and eventually lost his mind. He had to go. Mussolini sided with Hitler -- big no-go. Hitler -- forget it. Genocidal maniac. Batista would have been better for Cuba than Castro, a mass-murderer. Franco, yes.....better for Spain than either Communism or Anarchism.

Since you're into categorizing ideological icons, what about Stalin, Kim Il San, Kim Jong Il, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, the Commie murderer of Romania, Chalchesque (sp), et al? Those were some seriously twisted guys. Why do they get off the hook? Because they were Commie? :thumbdown:
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:40 am
@Silverchild79,
I love Pinochet and Franco. They smashed the arch-enemies of human progress -- COMMUNISM and ANARCHISM. They owed no one any apologies.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:08 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26052 wrote:
You shouldn't group them together. Some kept their act together, others didn't. Noriega, for example, lost control through personal drug addiction and alcoholism. He became crazier by the day, and eventually lost his mind. He had to go. Mussolini sided with Hitler -- big no-go. Hitler -- forget it. Genocidal maniac. Batista would have been better for Cuba than Castro, a mass-murderer. Franco, yes.....better for Spain than either Communism or Anarchism.

Since you're into categorizing ideological icons, what about Stalin, Kim Il San, Kim Jong Il, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, the Commie murderer of Romania, Chalchesque (sp), et al? Those were some seriously twisted guys. Why do they get off the hook? Because they were Commie? :thumbdown:

regarding stalin,kim il san,ho chi minh etc,they were just as bad as the fascists above pino,you have terrible double standards pino,and by the way pino im not a commie,the USA backed that genocidal commie,POL POT when it suited them.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:13 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26053 wrote:
I love Pinochet and Franco. They smashed the arch-enemies of human progress -- COMMUNISM and ANARCHISM. They owed no one any apologies.

FASCIST DICTATORS PINO ! WHO KILLED AND IMPRISONED PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR POLITICAL BELIEFS,THEN YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO CONDEMN CASTRO. YOUR A HYPOCRITE :thumbdown:
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:53 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;26097 wrote:
regarding stalin,kim il san,ho chi minh etc,they were just as bad as the fascists above pino,you have terrible double standards pino,and by the way pino im not a commie,the USA backed that genocidal commie,POL POT when it suited them.

Scoob, in countries that have real power and, hence, global interests, one can't afford to be in favor of both everything and nothing, ideologically speaking. That only works for people who live in unimportant countries. It's call 'relativism', and you, Old Chap, have a really bad case of it. You're only able to sit on the sidelines of every fight, worldwide, because you're powerless, and have nothing to gain or lose, anywhere. That isn't enviable. It smacks of weakness, and I refuse to live that way.
:AR15firing: :rocketwhore:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:57 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;26098 wrote:
FASCIST DICTATORS PINO ! WHO KILLED AND IMPRISONED PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR POLITICAL BELIEFS,THEN YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO CONDEMN CASTRO. YOUR A HYPOCRITE :thumbdown:

Castro is a filthy piece of animal dung. If I could, I'd kill him myself. You're an advocate of torture, false imprisonment and brain-washing. Sadist!:lame: :bangin:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:53 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26186 wrote:
Castro is a filthy piece of animal dung. If I could, I'd kill him myself. You're an advocate of torture, false imprisonment and brain-washing. Sadist!:lame: :bangin:

im an advocate of torture,false imprisonment and brain-washing ? lol yeh right pino ! your the one with a fondness for fascist dictators,who did all of what you said above :thumbdown:
oleo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:39 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25893 wrote:

I know people, Baptist missionaries, who have been on extend missions to
Cuba. Their reports are that it's alright. If you are a criminal, that's it - no
tolerance. If you are a dissenter of the government, that's it - no tolerance.
If you are a drug addict, that's it - no tolerance. If you have AIDS, that's it -
no tolerance... you're sent to a prison camp to rot away and die. Those are
the bad things, though I'm sure some of you were thinking "well, they're
doing some things right." Otherwise, compulsory academic achievement.
Everyone is literate. Doctors and lawyers don't make more money than
anyone else, which seems wrong to us in America, but then again there only
the people who go into those professions because they are driven to do
the work bother, so they're dedicated types. The people aren't happy or
unhappy, particularly. They know that they were once the slaves (Castro
drove the ruling class out to Florida when he took over) and they don't want
for food or medicine they way they once did, but they aren't truly free, and
all men yearn for freedom (well, all men who aren't starving).

Castro and his brother are old. In short time we'll see a different Cuba. The
big thing they're concerned with there is the wealthy refugees in Florida
racing back to reclaim everything their families used to own. That will be madness and
a bit of a fight. If you know any of those people, they haven't let it go, think
it's rightfully theirs and want to go take it back. That will be madness.
0 Replies

oleo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:52 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;26425 wrote:
im an advocate of torture,false imprisonment and brain-washing ? lol yeh right pino ! your the one with a fondness for fascist dictators,who did all of what you said above :thumbdown:

Scooby is right. What difference does it make if you're a commie or a
capitalist when you torture opposition and rule through force?

This is the source of the problems America is having in the world at this time.
We backed an ends and ignored the means they used.

Communism doesn't/can't work (and even Marx later revised his theory, saying that
it quickly had to evolve into a representational democracy or it would be worse
than what it replaced), and the few holdouts in the world that aren't completely
failing (Cuba, our buddies in China) are actually capitalist-communist for all
intents and purposes.

Fundamentalist Islam prospers through ignorance, or a bad reaction to too
much exposure to western liberalism (and the most conservative among you
is an example of extreme western liberalism in comparison). As time goes on
and people in that part of the world are able to build a sense of personal
individualism, they will reject fundamentalism, as has been the pattern
throughout history with every culture. They need opportunity in order to
do that, though.

Eventually the entire planet will be liberal capitalist democracies, it is like
"social evolution." It can't be stopped, because the people who hate America
and western europe the most feel that way because they want in on it,