Does Iraq want us there?

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 02:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;25544 wrote:
Like i say, in your opinion but when you can't elaborate?

by opening my eyes ....................................................................wide
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 02:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
Open them as wide as you want there is still nothing in between but ...............................................LOL.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 02:08 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;25549 wrote:
Open them as wide as you want there is still nothing in between but ...............................................LOL.

you honestly think the iraqis want american troops on their soil ?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 02:20 pm
@Silverchild79,
Untill you come up with something to back up your statement otherwise, Yes.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;25479 wrote:
The only thing that concerns me is that our experts say we cannot continue at the current troop levels past April 08. so if we're staying there we need to figure out how to sustain our force.

Maybe in 2008 for every platoon the Iraqi military puts into service we should withdrawal that many people. Leaving the size of force constant. The last two years of training should be enough of a stagger for experience.

I'm not in the loop on specific tactics, but I say end escalation policy and go with a fixed force, garrisoned in fortresses throughout the country. Man these units with as many volunteers as possible. I bet it would work. Dunno, though. Dunno.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:23 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;25490 wrote:
you did start this mess pino,but the iraqi people dont want you there,by being there your only making things worse.

They want stability, and we're the only ones who can give it to them right now. Iraq isn't a real country. It was created by the British, after WWI, irrespective of pre-existing, territorial tribal boundaries. We're trying to hold together a fake country that was only kept together previously by dictatorial brutality. Yet, if we split the place up into its three major internal nations, we'll be accused of obscene imperialism, and equally condemned by the world. Pulling out suddenly, Scoob, would the very worst thing we could possibly do. You ought to know that. It should be obvious. Just think about how much you'd like to walk, jog or ride a bicycle to work every day, for a very, very long time -- possibly forever. :headbang:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:35 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25574 wrote:
They want stability, and we're the only ones who can give it to them right now. Iraq isn't a real country. It was created by the British, after WWI, irrespective of pre-existing, territorial tribal boundaries. We're trying to hold together a fake country that was only kept together previously by dictatorial brutality. Yet, if we split the place up into its three major internal nations, we'll be accused of obscene imperialism, and equally condemned by the world. Pulling out suddenly, Scoob, would the very worst thing we could possibly do. You ought to know that. It should be obvious. Just think about how much you'd like to walk, jog or ride a bicycle to work every day, for a very, very long time -- possibly forever. :headbang:

the whole of the middle-east was carved up by the british and french after WW1,sometimes you have got to let them work it out for themselves,the us govenrment never gave a **** when they knew saddam was commiting genocide in the 80s,why now ? do you honestly think american troops would be in iraq if it had no oil ?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:40 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25574 wrote:
Quote:
Iraq isn't a real country. It was created by the British, after WWI,
And to think scoob would have us believe it was all are fault, notty notty.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:46 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;25578 wrote:
the whole of the middle-east was carved up by the british and french after WW1,sometimes you have got to let them work it out for themselves,the us govenrment never gave a **** when they knew saddam was commiting genocide in the 80s,why now ? do you honestly think american troops would be in iraq if it had no oil ?
Yeah let them work it out after you've had you hand in it, nice!
Quote:
the us govenrment never gave a **** when they knew saddam was commiting genocide in the 80s,why now ?
So did you guys send it troops when you heard about the genocide? So was it what you would call a pullout after WW1? Seems you guys are haveing a problem with commitment? You were handed you ass by us back in the day, we helped you save you ass in WW2 and now come to find out you gave us the handoff yet again after you screwed Iraq up first. Your glass house isn't what it used to be?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 03:57 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;25583 wrote:
Yeah let them work it out after you've had you hand in it, nice!So did you guys send it troops when you heard about the genocide? So was it what you would call a pullout after WW1? Seems you guys are haveing a problem with commitment? You were handed you ass by us back in the day, we helped you save you ass in WW2 and now come to find out you gave us the handoff yet again after you screwed Iraq up first. Your glass house isn't what it used to be?

im no british imperialist :thumbup: the british empire has a lot to answer for,the turks controlled the middle-east prior to WW1,how they decided the states after the turks were defeated,only those who drew the maps will know that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 04:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
They'll only know but your still responcible. Tisk tisk.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 06:43 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;25578 wrote:

Everything about the Middle East is connected to oil. Everything. But, we didn't invade for it. That's one of the dumbest conspiracy theories ever. As to Saddam's genocide in the '80s -- we were determined to punish Iran and defeat the Soviets in Afghanistan. Iraq wasn't an issue. The old adage, "my enemy's enemy is my friend", proved true to form in that instance.

Side-question: Are you a college student, Scoob? Your leftist idealism reminds me of myself, back in ancient times, and my son, who is now going through his commie phase.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 09:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
I think scoob is comparable to us in age. Or some where in between.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 10:44 pm
@Pinochet73,
scooby-doo;25550 wrote:
you honestly think the iraqis want american troops on their soil ?

No I honestly think Iraqi's wanted to be free of Saddam and want to rule themselves. But he majority understand they still need us there so while they don't want us there forever they understand we're still needed

Pinochet73;25570 wrote:
I'm not in the loop on specific tactics, but I say end escalation policy and go with a fixed force, garrisoned in fortresses throughout the country. Man these units with as many volunteers as possible. I bet it would work. Dunno, though. Dunno.

Without striking the roots (Iran and Syria) the plant will not die

station 100,000 US soldiers there and hostility will continue for 100,000 years under the current plan.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:30 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;25555 wrote:
Untill you come up with something to back up your statement otherwise, Yes.

Here is a prime example of why you fail. Even though I have talked with hundreds of Iraqis, and can say that it is a fact they do not want us there, you'd cry that it's not "proof" simply because it refutes your one-sided view. You'd sooner believe a third party account, as opposed to a first person experiance simply because it plays to your views. Fail.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:09 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;25618 wrote:
Here is a prime example of why you fail. Even though I have talked with hundreds of Iraqis, and can say that it is a fact they do not want us there, you'd cry that it's not "proof" simply because it refutes your one-sided view. You'd sooner believe a third party account, as opposed to a first person experiance simply because it plays to your views. Fail.
Who asked you? My suggestion would be to stop talking to terrorists and start killing them.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:21 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;25648 wrote:
Who asked you? My suggestion would be to stop talking to terrorists and start killing them.

Thanks for proving your ignorance once again.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:27 am
@Silverchild79,
Lap 24
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 09:37 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25603 wrote:
Everything about the Middle East is connected to oil. Everything. But, we didn't invade for it. That's one of the dumbest conspiracy theories ever. As to Saddam's genocide in the '80s -- we were determined to punish Iran and defeat the Soviets in Afghanistan. Iraq wasn't an issue. The old adage, "my enemy's enemy is my friend", proved true to form in that instance.

Side-question: Are you a college student, Scoob? Your leftist idealism reminds me of myself, back in ancient times, and my son, who is now going through his commie phase.

im in my 30s pino :thumbup: your son is going through his "commie phase" lol what happened to you pino ? did the army make you a right-winger ? you talk about your sons political beliefs pino,does it make him a bad person or a bad american ?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
Neither, it makes him himself. And right now he looks alot like you.