Whoopi Goldberg defends Vick, says dogfighting is normal in the south

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:30 am
@briansol,
Last time I checked, we live in the USA, not Mexico, not Africa, not the middle east. The "culture" card is pointless. Kill dogs, go to jail, no excuses.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:52 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;36349 wrote:
Last time I checked, we live in the USA, not Mexico, not Africa, not the middle east. The "culture" card is pointless. Kill dogs, go to jail, no excuses.

In one fell swoop, you have rendered yourself "a laughing stock'...you call for disregarding "the culture card", yet you slip into denigrating people based on their race, and culture. And we're suppose to take you "seriously"? Fat chance.
Of course, kill dogs, go to jail, no excuses...of course....but does not negate what has become customary in a sub-culture...and of course that needs to be taken into consideration...addressing the issue, at the local and regional levels...much like any grassroots campaign for understanding and change.
I hope you're not in any position of authority...I would hate to think that you run anything, given your mindset. Or that you have any impressionable children near.
Freeman15

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 12:23 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;36356 wrote:
In one fell swoop, you have rendered yourself "a laughing stock'...you call for disregarding "the culture card", yet you slip into denigrating people based on their race, and culture. And we're suppose to take you "seriously"? Fat chance.
Of course, kill dogs, go to jail, no excuses...of course....but does not negate what has become customary in a sub-culture...and of course that needs to be taken into consideration...addressing the issue, at the local and regional levels...much like any grassroots campaign for understanding and change.
I hope you're not in any position of authority...I would hate to think that you run anything, given your mindset. Or that you have any impressionable children near.

No, the sub-culture doesn't need to be considered, not in the court anyway. He killed and abused dogs, he deserves the maximum penalty.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 02:13 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;36369 wrote:
No, the sub-culture doesn't need to be considered, not in the court anyway. He killed and abused dogs, he deserves the maximum penalty.

Oh, I guess the sub-culture of drugs in middle and high schools need not be considered, as well....just shuttle the offenders off to state prison, right?
Or resort to intervention, education and alternative, positive forms of expression and coping mechanisms? Chop the baby in halves. Lord, save us from ourselves.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:53 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;36369 wrote:

Thank you. At last, a voice of reason amongst the unreasonable. aaronsongs, did you call me a laughing stock? Watch the personal insults.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:58 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;36416 wrote:
Thank you. At last, a voice of reason amongst the unreasonable. aaronsongs, did you call me a laughing stock? Watch the personal insults.

You're insulted by "that"? And here, ....I thought I was the "gay one". Did you call me "unreasonable"....you watch the personal insults, dude.
Man Up. And get over it. LOL
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:06 pm
@socalgolfguy,

Thank you, SoCal. I was about to submit my third complaint of abuse tonight.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 03:30 pm
@briansol,
Who would of figured it worked both ways, LOL.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 07:56 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;36682 wrote:
Who would of figured it worked both ways, LOL.

Hey, D-Man....I'm now an 'abuse-report stalker'. Yeah......I watch'm like a hawk, and stalk, stalk, stalk. My goal is to report at least a couple every night. It's sort of like what a friend of mine who is an ex-cop used to do on the job. He'd conduct a contest with himself to see how many perps he could arrest on every shift. Ha.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 08:57 am
@briansol,
You go Pino. I won't feel bad if you report me either, sometimes i deserve it, LOL.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:34 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;36396 wrote:
Oh, I guess the sub-culture of drugs in middle and high schools need not be considered, as well....just shuttle the offenders off to state prison, right?
Or resort to intervention, education and alternative, positive forms of expression and coping mechanisms? Chop the baby in halves. Lord, save us from ourselves.

Nope, they're kids, and I support drug decriminalization anyway. Vick is an adult and performed a sadistic act.

Kids smoking pot and an adult strangling a dog are no comparable.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:18 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;37066 wrote:
Nope, they're kids, and I support drug decriminalization anyway. Vick is an adult and performed a sadistic act.

Good job, Freeman. The only issue here is the killing of innocent dogs for sport.

Anyone that draws comparisons to pot smoking teeners is only attempting to shift the focus from the true crime committed here.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:15 pm
@briansol,
If dog fighting is part of Black Culture than might I suggest someone teach African Americans a few lessons on humanity and cruelty. There is no excuse for barbaric and cruel behavior, using the "Culture Card" is an excuse not a reason.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 12:33 am
@Freeman15,
Originally stated by aaronssongs View Post

I am in total agreement about the judgement about Vick...what I am saying is that just like in drug culture, especially with young people doing drugs...throwing them in jail doesn't address the issue...intervention and treatment ought to be the course of action...I am suggesting the same intervention and prevention and education, as it relates to dog fighting, in a sub culture setting. Emphasis is placed on the negative effects of drug abuse vs. jail time...I am suggesting the same (for young people exposed to the behavior and practices), and in no way condoning the behavior...as I personally am an animal lover.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 12:36 am
@socalgolfguy,

Not really...you seem to have missed my main point.....
" I hope you're not in any position of authority...I would hate to think that you run anything, given your mindset. Or that you have any impressionable children near."
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 12:41 am
@Red cv,
Red;37094 wrote:
If dog fighting is part of Black Culture than might I suggest someone teach African Americans a few lessons on humanity and cruelty. There is no excuse for barbaric and cruel behavior, using the "Culture Card" is an excuse not a reason.

That someone wouldn't by chance be you, would it? I doubt that you could teach anyone anything. It's asinine to think that anyone would consider dog fighting to be a part of black culture, anymore that it would be to think that white people have a propensity to burn crosses on their front lawns. If maybe you went back and re-read the thread, instead of taking words out of context, you might make better sense. And I doubt if you know what a "culture card" is, let alone, "means". I'll be awaiting your explanation.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:06 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;37160 wrote:
That someone wouldn't by chance be you, would it? I doubt that you could teach anyone anything. It's asinine to think that anyone would consider dog fighting to be a part of black culture, anymore that it would be to think that white people have a propensity to burn crosses on their front lawns. If maybe you went back and re-read the thread, instead of taking words out of context, you might make better sense. And I doubt if you know what a "culture card" is, let alone, "means". I'll be awaiting your explanation.

To the contrary, I learn quite a lot from our dear friend, Red, as I do from you. We are the ones with open minds. Those that refuse to listen are doomed to their own ignorance.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 01:49 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;37256 wrote:
To the contrary, I learn quite a lot from our dear friend, Red, as I do from you. We are the ones with open minds. Those that refuse to listen are doomed to their own ignorance.

Keep on believing that...one day it may come true. Totally laughable. Open minds? ROTFLMAO, for real. You people have displayed such intolerance, persecution, and disrespect, I had not thought imaginable. And you have the audacity to lecture me on my refusal to listen to ca ca? I have my partner and my friends to ground me, and keep me from illusions of grandeur...the fact that I am accomplished and confident, in no way, confuses me. My role model is my mother...and you can't get no better than that. Be gone.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 02:40 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;37312 wrote:
Keep on believing that...one day it may come true. Totally laughable. Open minds? ROTFLMAO, for real. You people have displayed such intolerance, persecution, and disrespect, I had not thought imaginable. And you have the audacity to lecture me on my refusal to listen to ca ca? I have my partner and my friends to ground me, and keep me from illusions of grandeur...the fact that I am accomplished and confident, in no way, confuses me. My role model is my mother...and you can't get no better than that. Be gone.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 05:30 pm
@briansol,
I stopped reading his post, frankly his constant hyjacking of threats to talk about his most wonderful rich and cultured life gags me. With a spoon. Those who protest to much usally have nothing meaningful to say. Then again I eat my olives, I don't drink them.

Whoopy stated that it was part of the po black culture not me. I watched that episode, she wasn't excusing his behavior just stating a fact. Some po black folk are living in the dark ages where cruelty is part of their culture. One need only turn on a TV and they will learn letting dogs fight to the death is NOT acceptable.