Hatred hurled from the left towards Christians, why?

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:28 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54424 wrote:
And you miss the target.

Hitler was a Christian. There is no getting around that, no argument will change that. Did Hitler attack and destroy Christian churches? Yes. No getting around that, either. Why? Because he feared their power being one thing that could screw the pooch for his grand schemes. That doesn't mean he wasn't a Christian.

Yes, there is a way around that fact. It's called READING and LEARNING. You've done NEITHER. Your knowledge sucks.:FU1:
Brian764

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:05 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54424 wrote:
And you miss the target.

Hitler was a Christian. There is no getting around that, no argument will change that. Did Hitler attack and destroy Christian churches? Yes. No getting around that, either. Why? Because he feared their power being one thing that could screw the pooch for his grand schemes. That doesn't mean he wasn't a Christian.

He may have been a Christian to you, and he may have believed that he was, but he was not a Christian acorording to the scriptures. A Christian is more than claming to be one.

Matthew 24:5 (ASV)
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (ASV)
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, fashioning themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light.
15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

Matthew 7:15-16 (ASV)
15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.
16 By their fruits ye shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

So call him what you will we know that he was not, and more importanly God's knows.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 07:12 am
@Brian764,
Anyone who has read anything in-depth about Hitler knows he hated Christianity. He payed lip-service to it in the beginning of his climb to power to win popular support. Sabz is trolling here. :thumbdown:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:39 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54618 wrote:
Anyone who has read anything in-depth about Hitler knows he hated Christianity. He payed lip-service to it in the beginning of his climb to power to win popular support. Sabz is trolling here. :thumbdown:

Ah and I suppose you can read his mind and know what he believed despite that fact everything he said contradicts that?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:44 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54615 wrote:
He may have been a Christian to you, and he may have believed that he was, but he was not a Christian acorording to the scriptures. A Christian is more than claming to be one.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray.

13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, fashioning themselves into apostles of Christ.
15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.
16 By their fruits ye shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

So call him what you will we know that he was not, and more importanly God's knows.

Raising the bar again are we? I know christians will say and like to pretend that you can only be a christian if you are a good person...this is utterly ridiculous, it is simply an attempt to redefine a word so as it makes a people(christians) free from ridicule.

There is only one requirement to be a christian:

n
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ
tvsej

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:56 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54419 wrote:
As I have told you many times before: HITLER WAS NOT A BELIEVER. He did, however, pretend to be one in the early stages of his ascendancy, to win over the people. He came from southern Germany, eg, Catholic-country, so he played up his devotion to the Church back in the beginning, when HE RAN FOR OFFICE (German chancellory (sp)). After he consolidated total power sometime after 1933, he began to slime Christianity as a Jewish conspiracy. His SS were trained to disdain Christianity for the reasons just cited. Any attempt to claim Hitler believed in Christ because of the junk he spouted while running for election is propaganda. :FU1:

Actually Hitler was not even German at all, he was a born Austrian from Wien.
Hello Pinochet, long time, glad to hear you are still around and not banded anymore. t.
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:44 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54625 wrote:
Raising the bar again are we? I know christians will say and like to pretend that you can only be a christian if you are a good person...this is utterly ridiculous, it is simply an attempt to redefine a word so as it makes a people(christians) free from ridicule.

It's not what I or anyone else says, it what the Bible/Jesus said.....did you read the scriptures that I posted? I did not write those quotes. The problem is you want to find any reason to blame those who are truly Christians for the evil deeds of wicked men who hide behind Christianity or the Bible. So if that's what you want go a head, one day the world will know those who were really Christians and those who were the imposters.

In fact, I will even dare to say that as we get closer to the return of Jesus, true Christians are going to be hated and even murdered by those who are not Christians.

Matthew 24:4-9 (ASV)
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man lead you astray.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled: for these things must needs come to pass; but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines and earthquakes in divers places.
8 But all these things are the beginning of travail.
9 Then shall they deliver you up unto tribulation, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all the nations for my name's sake.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 03:55 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54635 wrote:
It's not what I or anyone else says, it what the Bible/Jesus said.....did you read the scriptures that I posted? I did not write those quotes. The problem is you want to find any reason to blame those who are truly Christians for the evil deeds of wicked men who hide behind Christianity or the Bible. So if that's what you want go a head, one day the world will know those who were really Christians and those who were the imposters.

In fact, I will even dare to say that as we get closer to the return of Jesus, true Christians are going to be hated and even murdered by those who are not Christians.

Matthew 24:4-9 (ASV)
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man lead you astray.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled: for these things must needs come to pass; but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines and earthquakes in divers places.
8 But all these things are the beginning of travail.
9 Then shall they deliver you up unto tribulation, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all the nations for my name's sake.

the Bible does not define 'christian', the dictionary does. Going to the bible for a definition of 'christian' is kinda like going to the tobacco companies for the effects of smoking.

Someone who believes Jesus is the son of god IS A CHRISTIAN. Whether or not that person follows the bible and the teachings of jesus just makes that person either a good or bad christian, but a christian nevertheless. I'm tired of this elitism crap. Christians like all other people can be bad.
Brian764

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 05:25 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54637 wrote:
the Bible does not define 'christian', the dictionary does. Going to the bible for a definition of 'christian' is kinda like going to the tobacco companies for the effects of smoking.

Someone who believes Jesus is the son of god IS A CHRISTIAN. Whether or not that person follows the bible and the teachings of jesus just makes that person either a good or bad christian, but a christian nevertheless. I'm tired of this elitism crap. Christians like all other people can be bad.

Are you in your right mind? The Bible does not define a Christian?.....you cannot be serious. What a silly remark; I will leave you now, because it's a waste of time to continue.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 08:41 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54638 wrote:
Are you in your right mind? The Bible does not define a Christian?.....you cannot be serious. What a silly remark; I will leave you now, because it's a waste of time to continue.

This a weak response at best, first of all because you fail to respond to the argument and secondly because because you fail to understand the context of which you speak.

You may ignore what i have said but it is simply because you are unable to refute it.

But just so you know i will explain it to you. The bible doesn't define words, the dictionary is the authoritative source for definitions.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:36 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54615 wrote:

Who judges who as a Christian? Show me this list of "Things you gotta do to be one o' us!". I'm sure many people who Christians look up to fall outside of this list.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:42 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54610 wrote:
Yes, there is a way around that fact. It's called READING and LEARNING. You've done NEITHER. Your knowledge sucks.:FU1:

Really, now? I had to do some research myself to find that data. I can toss ya links if you wish.

Your attempt to twist knowledge sucks. Hitler did not hate Christianity, that's your typical lie to wipe that stain from your crucifix. Hitler hated the power that organized religion could attain (more like feared) and attacked the Church. He made his own version of the Bible! I call it 'Christianity Lite'.

Here, take a look:

Adolf Hitler's religious beliefs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
billcompugeek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:10 am
@Sabz5150,
The proprium [what soley belongs to a man, or what is man's own] of man consists in loving himself more than God, and the world more than heaven, and in making his neighbor of no account respectively to himself, thus it is the love of self and of the world (n. 694, 731, 4317, 5660). Not only every evil, but also every falsity, springs from the proprium of man, and this falsity is the falsity of evil (n. 1047, 10283, 10284, 10286). The proprium of man is hell with him (n. 694, 8480). Therefore he who is led by his proprium cannot be saved (n. 10731). The good which man does from the proprium is not good, but in itself is evil, because done for the sake of self and the world (n. 8478). The proprium of man must be separated, in order that the Lord may be present with him (n. 1023, 1044). And it is actually separated when man is reformed (n. 9334-9336, 9452-9454, 9938). This is done by the Lord alone (n. 9445).

--Heavenly Doctrine (Whitehead) n. 82
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:17 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54642 wrote:
Who judges who as a Christian? Show me this list of "Things you gotta do to be one o' us!". I'm sure many people who Christians look up to fall outside of this list.

It's not what him or her does that makes them a Christian, it's what God did. A Christian is one whom the Holy Spirit dwells in. God, through the Holy Spirit give those who are truly Christian the will to do what is right in God's eyes. Bible tells us that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, long suffering for example. Since the Holy Spirit cannot be seen with our eyes, the evidence of the Spirit is how that Christians live, how they treat those around him or her. In other words a Christian will be just like Jesus....a Christian will love all people, even his enemy.

Romans 8:9 (ASV)
9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Galatians 5:22-23 (ASV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

Luke 23:34 (ASV)
34 And Jesus said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And parting his garments among them, they cast lots.

Matthew 5:44-45 (Darby)
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who insult you and persecute you,
45 that ye may be the sons of your Father who is in the heavens; for he makes his sun rise on evil and good, and sends rain on just and unjust.

Bless:
Greek Word: εὐλογέω
Transliteration: eulogeō
Phonetic Pronunciation: yoo-log-eh'-o
Root: from a compound of <G2095> and <G3056>
Cross Reference: TDNT - 2:754,275
Part of Speech: v
Vine's Words: Bless, Blessed, Blessedness, Blessing

from a compound of <G2095> (eu) and <G3056> (logos); to speak well of, i.e. (religiously) to bless (thank or invoke a benediction upon, prosper) :- bless, praise.
—Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:44 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54672 wrote:
It's not what him or her does that makes them a Christian, it's what God did. A Christian is one whom the Holy Spirit dwells in. God, through the Holy Spirit give those who are truly Christian the will to do what is right in God's eyes. Bible tells us that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, long suffering for example. Since the Holy Spirit cannot be seen with our eyes, the evidence of the Spirit is how that Christians live, how they treat those around him or her. In other words a Christian will be just like Jesus....a Christian will love all people, even his enemy.

Romans 8:9 (ASV)
9 But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Galatians 5:22-23 (ASV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

Luke 23:34 (ASV)
34 And Jesus said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And parting his garments among them, they cast lots.

Matthew 5:44-45 (Darby)
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who insult you and persecute you,
45 that ye may be the sons of your Father who is in the heavens; for he makes his sun rise on evil and good, and sends rain on just and unjust.

Bless:
Greek Word: εὐλογέω
Transliteration: eulogeō
Phonetic Pronunciation: yoo-log-eh'-o
Root: from a compound of <G2095> and <G3056>
Cross Reference: TDNT - 2:754,275
Part of Speech: v
Vine's Words: Bless, Blessed, Blessedness, Blessing

from a compound of <G2095> (eu) and <G3056> (logos); to speak well of, i.e. (religiously) to bless (thank or invoke a benediction upon, prosper) :- bless, praise.
—Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary

You've got to be kidding me, right? C'mon do tell me this is a satire, or do you honestly not see the ridiculousness of such a statement? :dunno:

Let me ask you a few questions:

What do you think it takes to be a Muslim? In order to be a muslim do you think there needs to be a 'spirit of god' dwelling in them? What about Hindus? Do you think there needs to be a 'spirit of the gods' in someone for them to be considered a hindu? What about wiccans? Do you think there needs to be a spirit dwelling in them as well for them to be considered a Wiccan? What about sihks? What about buddhists? What about satanists? What about Shintos?

Why is your standard so much different for people to belong to other religions than for your own? Your claim is so outrageous because it is based on the notion that all other religions are false and that your religion is the only true one, such things are NOT the basis for definitions.

The truth is that the only thing required for you to belong to any particular religion is to devoutly believe in the tenets of that religion. Religious membership is based on belief not on individual characteristics.
Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:38 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54676 wrote:
You've got to be kidding me, right? C'mon do tell me this is a satire, or do you honestly not see the ridiculousness of such a statement? :dunno:

Let me ask you a few questions:

What do you think it takes to be a Muslim? In order to be a muslim do you think there needs to be a 'spirit of god' dwelling in them? What about Hindus? Do you think there needs to be a 'spirit of the gods' in someone for them to be considered a hindu? What about wiccans? Do you think there needs to be a spirit dwelling in them as well for them to be considered a Wiccan? What about sihks? What about buddhists? What about satanists? What about Shintos?

Why is your standard so much different for people to belong to other religions than for your own? Your claim is so outrageous because it is based on the notion that all other religions are false and that your religion is the only true one, such things are NOT the basis for definitions.

The truth is that the only thing required for you to belong to any particular religion is to devoutly believe in the tenets of that religion. Religious membership is based on belief not on individual characteristics.

Time will tell, will it not if what I said and quoted is true? Until then it is a waste of time for me to argue my point to you.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:41 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54687 wrote:
Time will tell, will it not if what I said and quoted is true? Until then it is a waste of time for me to argue my point to you.

So you'd rather wait untill the end of time to find out if you're right rather than using non-biased defintions of a group of people?
Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:53 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54702 wrote:
So you'd rather wait untill the end of time to find out if you're right rather than using non-biased defintions of a group of people?

No I don't, but the skeptics will have to wait and see.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:55 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54707 wrote:
No I don't, but the skeptics will have to wait and see.

Or....

we could just use the definition of christian that the dictionary gives us.
Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54708 wrote:
Or....

we could just use the definition of christian that the dictionary gives us.
0 Replies