Hatred hurled from the left towards Christians, why?

mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:12 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66171 wrote:
Only A fool thinks he knows what god wants.

Your creed is nothing but another man-made religion, I have no reason to believe it over any of the others.

Because I want to express my opinion.

That's not what god says, that's what man says. Every word in that book was written by a man. And there is not a single shred of evidence that any of it is inspired by god.

Your faith lies not in god but in the men who wrote about god.

The truth of the matter is that if you were born in Iran you would be Muslim. If you were born in India you would be Hindu, if you were born in 2nd century Egypt you'd be worshiping Amun-Ra.

Your beliefs rely on accepting what you were told as a child. If you were told that Noah's ark was a story and that Jack and the bean-stalk was real, you'd believe that too.

All religions are composed of myths and parables, and yours is no different.

... our thoughts on this subject are very similar.

faith is the belief in something you have no proof of.. i get that. but possessing this faith.. makes no christian an authority on what is and what is not the absolute truth and what is and is not "reality".. staking your claims on what u deem evidence from a book, translated time and time again, with words twisted out of context from their original meaning.. is questionable at best.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:25 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66183 wrote:
... our thoughts on this subject are very similar.

faith is the belief in something you have no proof of.. i get that. but possessing this faith.. makes no christian an authority on what is and what is not the absolute truth and what is and is not "reality".. staking your claims on what u deem evidence from a book, translated time and time again, with words twisted out of context from their original meaning.. is questionable at best.

Truly!

:thumbup:

Religion is claimed knowledge without a reliable and verifiable source of said knowledge.

Knowledge must come from reason and empiricism alone.
mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:53 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66186 wrote:
Truly!

Religion is claimed knowledge without a reliable and verifiable source of said knowledge.

Knowledge must come from reason and empiricism alone.

religion is a billion dollar enterprise. created to further an agenda wayy back when.. and damnit if the silly little humans didnt just eat it up and pass it along. myths and fables.. absolutely. i once called myself a christian. the faith of christians is soley based on "stories".. i feel i have the right to seriously question christians on what it is they are believing in.. because i have laid myself on the floor crying out to "god". and had christians tell me time and time again, that i was without faith. if i was without faith.. what the hell was i doing on the floor crying out to a god i didnt have proof of, but believing with my entire being that he would somehow respond to me if i would simply be still..i asked.. and it was not given.. nothing material.. something much more personal and necessary to my healing and my walk with christ.. i knocked and he did not answer..i read the bible..i breathed the bible.. i ate the bible.. i lived the bible.. and i have since become fully aware that i was duped.. you dont have to be "christian" to be moral and good. "christ-like" is simply an adjective.. and it is attainable.. but christianity is a way discriminate against those they deem unworthy.
Numpty

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:54 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66187 wrote:
religion is a billion dollar enterprise. created to further an agenda wayy back when.. and damnit if the silly little humans didnt just eat it up and pass it along. myths and fables.. absolutely. i once called myself a christian. the faith of christians is soley based on "stories".. i feel i have the right to seriously question christians on what it is they are believing in.. because i have laid myself on the floor crying out to "god". and had christians tell me time and time again, that i was without faith. if i was without faith.. what the hell was i doing on the floor crying out to a god i didnt have proof of, but believing with my entire being that he would somehow respond to me if i would simply be still..i asked.. and it was not given.. nothing material.. something much more personal and necessary to my healing and my walk with christ.. i knocked and he did not answer..i read the bible..i breathed the bible.. i ate the bible.. i lived the bible.. and i have since become fully aware that i was duped.. you dont have to be "christian" to be moral and good. "christ-like" is simply an adjective.. and it is attainable.. but christianity is a way discriminate against those they deem unworthy.

0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:58 am
@Red cv,
Hatred hurled from the left towards Christians, why? .. so.. because there are no bible thumpers in the white house these days.. christians are being discriminated against? if christians would hop off their high horses for a hot minute.. they would see that they are in a world full of hatred.. and they are not the only victims.
Carico

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:41 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66189 wrote:
Hatred hurled from the left towards Christians, why? .. so.. because there are no bible thumpers in the white house these days.. christians are being discriminated against? if christians would hop off their high horses for a hot minute.. they would see that they are in a world full of hatred.. and they are not the only victims.

Actually, if Christians preached sexual immorality, we would be loved by the world.Wink We would also teach our children to act on their lust which the secular world does, which of course, our children already want to do. Wink So the secular world doesn't like Christians because they don't want a moral watchdog so they can be as immoral as they want to be and teach their children to do the same. Pretty sick. :rolleyes:
mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:46 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66190 wrote:
Actually, if Christians preached sexual immorality, we would be loved by the world.Wink We would also teach our children to act on their lust which the secular world does, which of course, our children already want to do. Wink So the secular world doesn't like Christians because they don't want a moral watchdog so they can be as immoral as they want to be and teach their children to do the same. Pretty sick. :rolleyes:

this is you assuming that all people that do not call themselves christians.. the secular.. world.. are immoral. this is not the case. just as i can sit here and rip into christians based on my own experience..it wont apply to all christians.
Numpty

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 06:00 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66190 wrote:

Moral watchdog?!?!?! Really? Your Bible is full of Rape, Incest, and Discrimination towards Women and homosexuals. There is no moral watchdog if, like you appear, take the literal meaning of the Bible to be true,....and yes I have read it. Know your Enemy aye? Wink
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:57 pm
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66200 wrote:
this is you assuming that all people that do not call themselves christians.. the secular.. world.. are immoral. this is not the case. just as i can sit here and rip into christians based on my own experience..it wont apply to all christians.

Why would you tell Christians to get off our high horses unless you want us to be on a low one like the secular world? Wink So by your own words, you have convicted yourself. Wink

Hitler didn't think he was immoral either. Wink All people have to do is lose their consciences yet call themselves moral so they can;; kill more babies than victims of the holocaust, justify any sexual desire if it feels good, legalize drugs (as the government is comtemplating doing), hate those who want them to go to heaven, and follow Satan into the pit of hell. That's what you call moral. So does Satan. Wink
mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:43 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66230 wrote:
Why would you tell Christians to get off our high horses unless you want us to be on a low one like the secular world? Wink So by your own words, you have convicted yourself. Wink

you are pretty outrageous carico;) :rollinglaugh:

Carico;66230 wrote:
Hitler didn't think he was immoral either. Wink All people have to do is lose their consciences yet call themselves moral so they can;; kill more babies than victims of the holocaust, justify any sexual desire if it feels good, legalize drugs (as the government is comtemplating doing), hate those who want them to go to heaven, and follow Satan into the pit of hell. That's what you call moral. So does Satan. Wink

you are doing yourself a serious injustice.. why so extreme?
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:39 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66234 wrote:
you are pretty outrageous carico;) :rollinglaugh:

you are doing yourself a serious injustice.. why so extreme?

That's what I expect from someone whose contradictions are exposed. Wink So which is it? Do you want to sit on the "low horse" of the secular world? Or simply keep contradicting yourself so you can look like even more of a fool than you already do? Wink
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:50 am
@Carico,
Carico;66256 wrote:
That's what I expect from someone whose contradictions are exposed. Wink So which is it? Do you want to sit on the "low horse" of the secular world? Or simply keep contradicting yourself so you can look like even more of a fool than you already do? Wink

take into consideration that i say get off your high horse in sarcasm.. this high horse is the imaginary pedestool christians imagine themselves to be sitting on.. because they feel they possess the will of god in their bible.. im not contradicting myself.. im actually ridiculing christianity.

and i am aware of both sides of the argument.. as i was once a christian.. you.. can only keep repeating what you learned out of some book deemed absolute truth.. with no proof to back it up.. and claiming it's faith isnt good enough anymore.
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:53 am
@mimidamnit,
i am seriously getting bored of responding to carico.. so make note of it now.. until i feel he/she makes a valid point.. i will no longer give u audience. and i have no doubt that you will make the claim that it's because i have nothing left to argue.. when i fact.. i take what you said and use it against you.. i forgot to quote the post.. so i will do my best......" atheists are unteachable"..

and christians are too self-righteous to see logic and reason.

the end.:rollinglaugh:Very Happy
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:00 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66260 wrote:
take into consideration that i say get off your high horse in sarcasm.. this high horse is the imaginary pedestool christians imagine themselves to be sitting on.. because they feel they possess the will of god in their bible.. im not contradicting myself.. im actually ridiculing christianity.

and i am aware of both sides of the argument.. as i was once a christian.. you.. can only keep repeating what you learned out of some book deemed absolute truth.. with no proof to back it up.. and claiming it's faith isnt good enough anymore.

Sorry, but I really don't want to be on a low horse like you claim to be. So I'll stay here, thank you. Smile
0 Replies