Hatred hurled from the left towards Christians, why?

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 07:11 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57440 wrote:
So wait, that means that American Christian fundamentalists don't have power equivalant to that of Iranian Muslim fundamentalists!

no, they don't "fill all positions of authority", as you stated.
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:30 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57441 wrote:
no, they don't "fill all positions of authority", as you stated.

So your original assertion that they have control equivalent to that of Islamic fundamentalists in Iran is incorrect?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:34 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57444 wrote:
So your original assertion that they have control equivalent to that of Islamic fundamentalists in Iran is incorrect?

no, nice try though. :thumbup:

Fundamentalists hold all positions of power in neither Iran or the United States.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 02:35 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57444 wrote:

That's absolutely right.

Only one actually has nukes pointed at the other.
Only one overthrew the government of the other, propping up the currently-discussed fundamentalists.
Only one currently poses a threat to the other.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 07:07 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57445 wrote:
no, nice try though. :thumbup:

Fundamentalists hold all positions of power in neither Iran or the United States.

But fundamentalists are in control in Iran. So, because we don't have an official religion, follow the Ten Commandments as law, or call ourselves a Christian Republic, that means that

a.) Christian fundamentalists do not have the same level of control in the US as Islamists in Iran.
b.) Christian fundamentalists are not as 'bad' as their Muslim counterparts in Iran.
DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:36 am
@Red cv,
Still waiting for a reply from the science fundamentalists, LOL. Instead of blinding us with science i think he's runnnin blind. Watch out for that------------- never mind.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:54 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57470 wrote:
Still waiting for a reply from the science fundamentalists, LOL. Instead of blinding us with science i think he's runnnin blind. Watch out for that------------- never mind.

What's your question, o' religious terrorist?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 05:21 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57465 wrote:
But fundamentalists are in control in Iran. So, because we don't have an official religion, follow the Ten Commandments as law, or call ourselves a Christian Republic, that means that

a.) Christian fundamentalists do not have the same level of control in the US as Islamists in Iran.
b.) Christian fundamentalists are not as 'bad' as their Muslim counterparts in Iran.

For fucks sake, do you read what i've said!?

Having control does not = holding all positions of power!
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 05:33 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57480 wrote:
For fucks sake, do you read what i've said!?

Having control does not = holding all positions of power!

Okay, so both groups are in control, so why is the situation in the US so dissimilar from the one in Iran?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:14 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57481 wrote:
Okay, so both groups are in control, so why is the situation in the US so dissimilar from the one in Iran?

I've already explained this once, i'm not gonna do it again.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 06:46 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57482 wrote:
I've already explained this once, i'm not gonna do it again.

No you haven't, you haven't explained how the political situation in Iran and in the US are so different even with the same type of people in control.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:55 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57476 wrote:
What's your question, o' religious terrorist?
What's two plus two science fundamentlist?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:57 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57487 wrote:
No you haven't, you haven't explained how the political situation in Iran and in the US are so different even with the same type of people in control.
He's in over his fundamentalist head, LOL.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:11 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57487 wrote:

Yes, i have already explained it......policies are different.

I see what you're trying to do, but all we're doing is going in circles.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:32 pm
@Red cv,
circles is the only direction you can go.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:56 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57503 wrote:
circles is the only direction you can go.

No, i'm straight. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:37 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57495 wrote:
Yes, i have already explained it......policies are different.

I see what you're trying to do, but all we're doing is going in circles.

I guess so, because right now I'm inclined to ask what's keeping policies different when the same sort of people are in control.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 09:31 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57510 wrote:
I guess so, because right now I'm inclined to ask what's keeping policies different when the same sort of people are in control.

I couldn't say for sure but there are a lot of factors involved in that...
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:53 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57488 wrote:
What's two plus two science fundamentlist?

Can you bother me with something besides your math homework?! Use your palm and cubit measurements, they worked for pi!
abbandonedallhope

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm
@Sabz5150,
How is it that everyone has over looked the fact that the bible was written by man, and man is FAR from perfect. Men from all eras and all walks of life have used the bible (and many other religous books) to control people and gain profit. I.E. King James.... He was but a man, and why should he have a version of the bible? Not to mention the many priest/clergy that pick and choose scriptures for their needs. Futhermore who is to say these scriptures are even correct. If God is as great as you say it is why would it need a book to say so. Wouldn't it have other means...say through a natural feeling of spirituality to convey it's message. Why would a god waste its time to create a being mearly for worship? i dont want bible quotations, they mean nothing more than the opionions of other men. if a god is infaliable why is there pain and suffering?

I think that the reason we have war, and suffering is because of religion. Not that if there is a god that it is wrong, but that humans are erroed in creation and therefore force themselves into believe a fantasy book that causes war.
if there is an allmighty, he would not stand to have anything that it considers an abomanation. So by this logic (not saying that its perfect, i am human after all) gays and other minorites of the sort are not against god. they may be against beliefs the men of old ages believed in, men who believed you should stone your children should they not behave, but they would not be against a perfect god, as many of you clam god is.

IF God does exist and is against them, then they are here for a reason. Everything is god's will therefore suffering and sin is god's way. We should be thanking those who sin for doing what is needed to complete gods work. Also it would mean that if god meant for one to come to him (by jesus or any other means) he would not need you to preach to them. He would simply call his lamb to him, not send another lamb to do the job of the keeper.

one more point i would like to make is this:
If you were the devil and wanted to undermine god's authority (which should be impossible given he is ALLMIGHTY) the easiest way to do so would be to convince people they are doing the right thing by possing as god him self.
So my logic tells me i should not trust the church, as that would be the perfect place for Lucifer to hide, and work his darkened ways. What better way for the devil to take flight, than the very house of god?