More Bombs in Britain

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 09:51 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;24513 wrote:
Their terrorist tactics were exactly the same as muslims, car bombs, civilian/ military deaths, didn't matter. But it's all ok as long as they weren't muslims?

According to them (muslim extremist) they are lashing out because of US and British military occupation in their holy lands...sounds similar to me, except they are muslim.

you make some good points 92b,but the IRA wasnt a religous/holy war,the radicals muslims see whats happening in afghanistan/iraq as a war on islam,i was against the war in iraq from the start,because there was never any proof of a connection between saddam and 9/11,as for afghanistan,i thought that was a legitimate target because that was where alqueda had there military base,which was full radical of radical muslims from around the world .
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 10:45 am
@scooby-doo cv,
"According to them (muslim extremist) they are lashing out because of US and British military occupation in their holy lands...sounds similar to me, except they are muslim."

Don't believe them. Together, those are nothing but a pretext for expressing inherent Islamic hatred for the modern world. Is the brutally oppressive and backward substance of Sharia Law the West's fault too? Isn't that what they really want -- to impose Wahabee-driven (sp), Sharia Law on the entire world? What Westerner in his right mind could possibly support that? :AR15firing:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:18 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24585 wrote:
"According to them (muslim extremist) they are lashing out because of US and British military occupation in their holy lands...sounds similar to me, except they are muslim."

Don't believe them. Together, those are nothing but a pretext for expressing inherent Islamic hatred for the modern world. Is the brutally oppressive and backward substance of Sharia Law the West's fault too? Isn't that what they really want -- to impose Wahabee-driven (sp), Sharia Law on the entire world? What Westerner in his right mind could possibly support that? :AR15firing:

not all muslims are terrorists pino,yes there are extremists that hate the west and western culture,but you cant throw all muslims in that basket,you make a point about wahabee-driven and sharia law,where is the home of wahabee fanaticism and power ? its saudi arabia,home of most of the 9/11 bombers and the saudi royal family,weho have close connections to the BUSH FAMILY,im not saying dont fight the extremists,but make sure you get the right targets,ps bin-laden is also a saudi :thumbup:
92b16vx

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:25 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24567 wrote:
I did read the whole sentence, I've never said the Qur'an is not, in your words "an evil book."

I know you didn't, and the sentence wasn't directed solely at you.

Quote:
Um... no. We're fighting Muslim extremists in Iraq as well as saving Muslims. And I don't expect everyone to be a jihadist, but there is certainly a huge percentage which agrees with them on theology. And of course, the Qur'an can't be translated, so relatively few of the world's Muslims understand it. What does me reading the book cover to cover do? Would it somehow change my interpretation of this:

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Verses of Violence

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Hatred and Hell

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Suicide Bombing and Martyrdom

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Can a Muslim Avoid Hell by Killing?

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Befriending Christians and Jews

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and the Truth

etc.?

There's a lot more than just "some people will go to Hell" there.

So, there are muslims worth saving, and it is worth fighting in Iraq to save them, even though they are all inherently evil because of their religion? Fighting a cause that you see is lost from the start is pretty dumb, don't you think? And what it has to do with is reading it in context. You can take sample text from ANY religious book and turn it into what you want.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:26 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;24577 wrote:
you make some good points 92b,but the IRA wasnt a religous/holy war,the radicals muslims see whats happening in afghanistan/iraq as a war on islam,i was against the war in iraq from the start,because there was never any proof of a connection between saddam and 9/11,as for afghanistan,i thought that was a legitimate target because that was where alqueda had there military base,which was full radical of radical muslims from around the world .

Doesn't matter if it was religious or not, same tactics fueled by an ideology.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:44 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
I know you didn't, and the sentence wasn't directed solely at you.

I was under the impression it was, seeing as I was the only one making such comments as far as I could see.

Quote:
So, there are muslims worth saving, and it is worth fighting in Iraq to save them, even though they are all inherently evil because of their religion? Fighting a cause that you see is lost from the start is pretty dumb, don't you think?

People cannot be inherently evil. I would say all people lean inherently good, if only slightly. However, societies and religions can be and are inherently "evil." And if you are raised in an "evil" society, you are likely to have "evil" tendencies. However, in various places, Islam has not made society "evil", though it is the religion. This is usually because of ignorance whether through not reading or not speaking Arabic. Would you really say that Islam is less likely to draw people to extremism than other religions.

Quote:
And what it has to do with is reading it in context. You can take sample text from ANY religious book and turn it into what you want.

Dozens and dozens of samples with all being out of context? Doesn't matter anyway:

Quote:
The Quran contains dozens of verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers, and kill the infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

These verses are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not embedded within historical context (as are nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Qur'an.

Unfortunately, there are few, if any, verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. This proclivity toward violence and Muhammad's own martial tradition have resulted in a trail of blood and bodies across world history.

If you have complaints against these verses, it is your duty to put them in what you see as proper context, not mine, until you have diminished them enough so that my argument is not valid anymore, which in this case would mean disproving the site's premise on almost all of the verses, not just one or two. That is the nature of debate. I present an argument, and you present a counterargument, not I present a counterargument against my own argument.
Frankly, I have no idea what context they are to be put into.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 01:13 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;24592 wrote:
not all muslims are terrorists pino,yes there are extremists that hate the west and western culture,but you cant throw all muslims in that basket,you make a point about wahabee-driven and sharia law,where is the home of wahabee fanaticism and power ? its saudi arabia,home of most of the 9/11 bombers and the saudi royal family,weho have close connections to the BUSH FAMILY,im not saying dont fight the extremists,but make sure you get the right targets,ps bin-laden is also a saudi :thumbup:

Sure, but what are you going to do to protect your country? Is the answer to keep letting wave upon wave of Muslims from the Middle East into your country? You can't be all things to all people, Scoob. People are dying. Each wave of immigrants increases the chance of internal terrorist attacks. If that's the kind of world in which you want to live, go for it. I reject the very idea of it. Besides, they have their own countries. The answer to their problems is not for me to surrender my country to them.:AR15firing:
92b16vx

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 01:20 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24607 wrote:
People cannot be inherently evil. I would say all people lean inherently good, if only slightly. However, societies and religions can be and are inherently "evil." And if you are raised in an "evil" society, you are likely to have "evil" tendencies. However, in various places, Islam has not made society "evil", though it is the religion. This is usually because of ignorance whether through not reading or not speaking Arabic. Would you really say that Islam is less likely to draw people to extremism than other religions.

Turkey is about the only place like that, because they have guess what? Seperation of chuch and state, weird, even works for the muslims.

Are you for or against our war supporting a people that are guided solely by their bible, which you say is evil, and makes people evil? You can't say you support the war to liberate a people that all worship an evil book that calls them to attack westerners, that defies logic.

The enemy of you enemy can indeed be your enemy.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 01:30 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
Turkey is about the only place like that, because they have guess what? Seperation of chuch and state, weird, even works for the muslims.

The only place like what? Surely not the only non-Arabic speaking Muslim country.

Quote:
Are you for or against our war supporting a people that are guided solely by their bible, which you say is evil, and makes people evil? You can't say you support the war to liberate a people that all worship an evil book that calls them to attack westerners, that defies logic.

I don't know if you are mocking what you see as my views or oversimplifying this here. It seems, oddly enough, that there are a fair number of moderates who are able to simply disregard both leading theologians and all of those verses. Not a huge number, but moderately large. I doubt that unless Islam is destroyed, there will not be a substantial amount of Islamists. We could also do something like Turkey (Turkey takes it much too far though. They are secularist, not separation of church and state, so the secular government can interfere with religion. The path the USA is on.)
92b16vx

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 02:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24615 wrote:
The only place like what? Surely not the only non-Arabic speaking Muslim country.

As in a muslim country that is not ruled by islam, even if it is run by isamlics.

Quote:
I don't know if you are mocking what you see as my views or oversimplifying this here. It seems, oddly enough, that there are a fair number of moderates who are able to simply disregard both leading theologians and all of those verses. Not a huge number, but moderately large. I doubt that unless Islam is destroyed, there will not be a substantial amount of Islamists. We could also do something like Turkey (Turkey takes it much too far though. They are secularist, not separation of church and state, so the secular government can interfere with religion. The path the USA is on.)

I have read both the interpetations you are using, and interpertations that do not mean they are all out to get whitey.

The only thing I am really mocking is that you say islam and the Qu'ran are evil, and you support the war to liberate an islamic people, who, according to you, follow a book that tells them to attack western civilization.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 06:44 pm
@Pinochet73,
If the English Muslims can become radicalized we are doomed, England has bent over backwards for the Muslim Community. In fact it has been treating non-Muslims like second class citizens lest they offend their Muslim population. They are a shining example that appeasement, pandering and Muslimfing one's country doesn't work, it only makes them feel entitled to more from the majority in a country.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 10:33 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24609 wrote:
Sure, but what are you going to do to protect your country? Is the answer to keep letting wave upon wave of Muslims from the Middle East into your country? You can't be all things to all people, Scoob. People are dying. Each wave of immigrants increases the chance of internal terrorist attacks. If that's the kind of world in which you want to live, go for it. I reject the very idea of it. Besides, they have their own countries. The answer to their problems is not for me to surrender my country to them.:AR15firing:

im not advocating wave upon wave of muslims coming from the MIDDLE -EAST and neither are the british government pino,do you think we want extremists in the country,i have said before people who dont want to abide by the laws of the country,should either leave or face imprisonment.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 10:44 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24420 wrote:
Hey, Scoob. They attacked your country today. How do you feel about that? Aren't you glad none of your fellow countrymen were killed?

As a regular contributor, I feel for Scooby. I am curious how his opinions were affected since the terrorist incident....?

How about it, Scoob?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 10:56 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;24693 wrote:
As a regular contributor, I feel for Scooby. I am curious how his opinions were affected since the terrorist incident....?

How about it, Scoob?

ian i live 10 mins from the airport,my nephew works there,the hopsital that these terrorists worked in,is my local hospital,i think you are waiting for an answer from me defending these extremists,or being sympathetic to them,that is not the case i can assure you of that.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:11 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;24688 wrote:
im not advocating wave upon wave of muslims coming from the MIDDLE -EAST and neither are the british government pino,do you think we want extremists in the country,i have said before people who dont want to abide by the laws of the country,should either leave or face imprisonment.

You're still too passive, IMO. I say, 'To hell with these people, period. Get out, stay out and blow up your own countries, every time you get the itch. GET OUT OF THE WEST!' I'm as multi-cultural as they get, but this isn't about multi-culturalism. This is about a massive clash of civilizations and religions, and war. Sorry. I want to survive, and I want my people to survive. WE ARE AT WAR.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:20 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;24695 wrote:
ian i live 10 mins from the airport,my nephew works there,the hopsital that these terrorists worked in,is my local hospital,i think you are waiting for an answer from me defending these extremists,or being sympathetic to them,that is not the case i can assure you of that.

Not for one moment did I or anyone here, I am certain, ever consider you a terrorist sympathizer.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:47 am
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
As in a muslim country that is not ruled by islam, even if it is run by isamlics.

And is this good or bad?

Quote:
I have read both the interpetations you are using, and interpertations that do not mean they are all out to get whitey.

You really need to get over suggesting that I'm a racist because I suggest that Islam is violent both historically and by nature, especially considering that I am backing it up by presenting facts which you call upon me to disprove while you dodge disproving them yourself. I am not a racist, especially because, as I have said time and time again: Islam is nota race. A very large number are out to get Western and Christian civilization, though. Would you say that human rights in most Muslim countries, for example, are equal to those of Western countries or are they lessened because of Islam?
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 12:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
The bottom line remains the same - until the moderate Muslim community raises up against the radicals, there will be no changes. The extremists have such a strangle hold over their own that no one is willing to step up.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 01:41 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24714 wrote:
You really need to get over suggesting that I'm a racist because I suggest that Islam is violent both historically and by nature, especially considering that I am backing it up by presenting facts

Interpertations of scripture are not "facts".
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 02:02 pm
@Pinochet73,
I just gave you the verses which I and many Muslims consider to justify jihad, intolerance, etc. They are facts because they are in the Qur'an and really, I think they speak for themselves. If you have a problem with them, I would suggest you put them in the proper context or whatever.
0 Replies