markx15

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:56 pm
You asked for my evidence, Mr Ambassador. Here it is | Columnists | Guardian Unlimited
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,411 • Replies: 181
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:10 pm
@markx15,
Alot of conspiracy but not much proof, that i saw.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 08:22 pm
@markx15,
Heres some more info:

Civilian casualties

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iraq death toll 'soared post-war'

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RS22537.pdf
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:39 pm
@markx15,
What's sad is America's weakness. We have become so horribly weak. This is one shortcoming of democracy. It produces weakness. I guess there's no acceptable alternative.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 07:52 pm
@markx15,
Sincerly there are no acceptable casualties from this war, especially since it held no support globaly.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:16 pm
@markx15,
We went in for the wrong reasons. Now we're stuck. BUT....at least the American Left has been divided by the war, which is a very good development. I love to see Democrats beat each other up.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:11 am
@markx15,
Global support doesn't matter. There's no global government yet. The U.N. is broke, and no one's fixing it.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 02:01 pm
@markx15,
Quote:
Global support doesn't matter.

Don't be nearsighted, polluting doesn't affect us now, but in 100 years we're screwed. Just because something won't affect YOU NOW doesn't justify the fact that it will affect someone later.

Quote:
There's no global government yet. The U.N. is broke, and no one's fixing it.

You don't plan to form a global government, it looks more like a global empire to me. Who contantly undermines the authority of the U.N.? Who refuses to sign the Kyoto Protocol?
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 02:37 pm
@markx15,
Markx15,
I wasn't even going to respond to this thread, because I assume that if you cannot filter out the news, seperating fact from fiction then there is no point even responding. But your last comment deserves a response. First of all the U.N. is rampant with corruption. Second of all, show me one country in this world that doesn't protect and attempt promote their own interests above other countries. You are naive if you believe that other countries have the best interest of the global community at heart, before their own.
The Kyoto protocol isn't worth the paper it is written on. Did you know that out of the 1500 scientists, who had their names originally associated with it, over 800 of them now want thier names removed from it. It's a political economic agenda driven protocal that betrays the science it was loosely based on. It would have ham strung the U.S. economy while at the same time allowed China and India to run roughshod over our markets. I ask you, in all seriousness would you bite off your own nose to spite your face?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 05:49 pm
@markx15,
Smash radical Islam. Smash it hard, flat and repeatedly. Keep smashing it, too.:devilheadbang:
markx15

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 11:56 am
@markx15,
Are you proud that your entire economy is based on an over polluting system? Just because the UN is corrupt the US isn't? Hell you can find american money in just about every dictatorship during the Cold War. The UN was partly corrupt because of the US, it's most potent member, how many votes did you swing to your wishes? Against the US there is no fair fight, unless you decide to play along with pre set up rules, but you won't lest it bring you an even bigger deficit, guess what I don't care, you don't deserve to be the world super-power, you claim ideals that you never intended to follow through with, ridiculus.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 02:44 pm
@markx15,
Quote:
You don't plan to form a global government, it looks more like a global empire to me. Who contantly undermines the authority of the U.N.? Who refuses to sign the Kyoto Protocol?

The U.N. has no credibility. People in other expect us to fix all the Darfurs of the world when th U.N. should do it. As a nation our economy would collapse if we tried such a drasctic reduction in fossil fuels. We look out for us, not you, and we'll develop and become a superpower if we want to. If you want to stop us, develop as well instead of slowing your economy with deals based on unproven science.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 06:19 pm
@markx15,
I repeat, the UN has no credibility when its members cease to act in accordance to the established order, how many times has the US oversteped the UN? It is not unproven science, there is no way to discuss the polluting of rivers and air, it is a fact, wheter or not it affects Global Warming is another issue. It is not so much what the Kyoto Protocol actually states that is important, but what it represents, if you disagree with the terms proposed then make others and defend them, don't just refuse to sign it. We need to limit any negative affect that humans can have over the enviroment, because it is not very stable, small events can trigger great collapses in an ecosystem, everything is dependant on another. If we take your advice and develop as well then you are also screwed, if we considered that the US has correctly developed itself, then we too would cut down 99% of our forests, imagine the almost complete devastation of the Amazon, we can't afford your mistakes.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 06:35 pm
@markx15,
To heck with the UN. It has its purposes, but holding down America or the Greater West isn't one of them. THE CHRISTIAN WEST MUST RISE AGAIN!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:44 am
@markx15,
markx15;12960 wrote:
Are you proud that your entire economy is based on an over polluting system? Just because the UN is corrupt the US isn't? Hell you can find american money in just about every dictatorship during the Cold War. The UN was partly corrupt because of the US, it's most potent member, how many votes did you swing to your wishes? Against the US there is no fair fight, unless you decide to play along with pre set up rules, but you won't lest it bring you an even bigger deficit, guess what I don't care, you don't deserve to be the world super-power, you claim ideals that you never intended to follow through with, ridiculus.
Quote:
Are you proud that your entire economy is based on an over polluting system?
That system has proven to be the best of our time so i would have to say yes. What is your system based on and are you proud of it?
Quote:
Just because the UN is corrupt the US isn't?

Name one non corrupt country? How does Brazil rank on government corruptness?

Quote:
Hell you can find american money in just about every dictatorship during the Cold War.

You will also find it in most democracy's as well.
Quote:
The UN was partly corrupt because of the US, it's most potent member, how many votes did you swing to your wishes?
So the country that hosts, finance's, builds an entity should not have a say? Does Brazil participate in the UN? If so then it can be said that the UN was partly corrupt because of Brazil? Are there other countries in the UN who do not try and swing votes? Why have a UN then if there is to be not to be any swing vote?
Quote:
Against the US there is no fair fight, unless you decide to play along with pre set up rules, but you won't lest it bring you an even bigger deficit, guess what I don't care, you don't deserve to be the world super-power, you claim ideals that you never intended to follow through with, ridiculus.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. If you hate the game that bad why play? Nobody is forcing you are they?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:39 am
@markx15,
Civilian Death is inseparable from this kind of Urban Warfare. We can't forget the responsibility of enemy combatants to also respect life. There will always be conspiracy theories. The human mind always seeks to explain what it doesn't know in detail.

The main difference between the enemy and us is that we do not target civilians, if they die, it's on accident.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 07:36 pm
@markx15,
The war is lost because America isn't tough enough to fight protracted counter-insurgencies. We, the American people, are great, but fighting counter-insurgencies isn't our strongsuit. We're good at many other things, but not this. We lack the unity, patience, and tolerance for bloodshed that counter-guerrilla warfare requires. Sorry. We're finished there. It's just a matter of when and how we get out. We can't win this or any other counter-insurgency. This is too much.:no:

PS: America's youth should boycott this war. It's a lost fight (not cause, but FIGHT). The way we're prosecuting this war is not worth their precious lives.
IM-A-DEMOCRAT-BABY

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 08:44 pm
@markx15,
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 09:23 pm
@markx15,
Operation Iraqi freedom. The objective then, of which we have long since lost sight, was to end state sponsorship of terrorism. Do you have info knowbody else has?
Quote:
The Bush presidency said he had weapons of mass destruction (WMD's) and good intention for using them against america.

So did Sklinton and his cohorts. Oh and every intel agency in the free world. The easier question is who didn't think he had WMD's?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:50 am
@markx15,
Quote:
That system has proven to be the best of our time so i would have to say yes. What is your system based on and are you proud of it?

Unless you change this over-polluting system there will be nowhere to enjoy the fruits of your labor, not to mention that we will all die of respiratory inefficiency. Unfortuneatly many companies active in Brazil are american, so they follow your example.

Quote:
Name one non corrupt country? How does Brazil rank on government corruptness?

Oh don't even get me started on Brazilian political corruptness, I believe that at least 80% of all our politician have been accused or removed from their station on acount of corruption. The diference is we don't/can't overstep the UN, can/do you?

Quote:

You will also find it in most democracy's as well.

Excellent point, but does one nullify the other? Also spreading democracy is a self-apointed objective, what is your excuse for promoting tyrants?

Quote:
So the country that hosts, finance's, builds an entity should not have a say? Does Brazil participate in the UN? If so then it can be said that the UN was partly corrupt because of Brazil? Are there other countries in the UN who do not try and swing votes? Why have a UN then if there is to be not to be any swing vote?

I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said "swing votes". What I was trying to say is that the US puts tremendous pressure through economic-military threats, there is no democracy in the UN if you control the voters.

Quote:
Don't hate the player, hate the game. If you hate the game that bad why play? Nobody is forcing you are they?

It is your game, you won that option in the Cold War. I play only what I can't avoid, and yes there are billions of people forcing me to play, because without mininmal cooperation I would not be able to sustain myself.
0 Replies