Pro Life, or Pro Choice?

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:00 pm
@LukeN,
"I'm forcing nothing. It's 100% your choice.
Welfare + neutered OR no welfare and no neutering."

I can understand you view. I do not agree with it.

"don't get me wrong... there is a time and a place for welfare. People DO run into hard times, get laid off from their jobs, and so on. My problem with welfare is the people who NEVER "get back on their feet again" or weren't on their feet in the first place."

I agree with you. It is on the verge of criminal how some greedy people exploit our social programs.

"NO ONE has helped me. My parents never bought me a damn thing.
I bought my first car at 16 with earnings from slinging papers from 13-16.
I went to public schools, and had every opportunity that everyone else in my town did to learn and better themselves. How come I make nearly 100k a year, and they mooch the system?"

I applaud your for your self determination. I would speculate you are more motivated.

"I paid nearly $36,000 in taxes last year. 36 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Why? so they can keep popping out kids and I can keep feeding them.'

Perhaps you need a new accountant.

I do admire your stance on taking care of your own. In relation to my own family, I adhere to this.

Correct me if I wrong but is "I have no pity, no empathy, and certainly no sympathy." related to the percentage of people who expliot our social systems.
briansol

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:00 pm
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14407 wrote:

Explain your decision making process. Do you look to statistical evidence to back your opinion? Or is your opinion primarly what you feel at a gut level? Just looking for answers.

It's what I see daily in my "small city" where i live.
There's plenty of jobs around, tons of fast food, a walmart, 7 dunkin donuts', 5 mcdonalds....
even without any skill, anyone should be able to find a job in town. But, they don't. they sit on the porch, play basketball in the park with the other baby's daddies, get in a fight, cops get called, more cops are needed, my taxes go up again.... its a never ending cycle.

Quote:

Not sure what word reference book you are using, but I use this definition of empathy when I mention the word.

Empathy (from the Greek ????????, "to make suffer") is commonly defined as one's ability to recognize, perceive and directly experientially feel the emotion of another.

right, and since i'm not on welfare, don't have kids, etc, I can't directly feel their feelings. I COULD be sympathetic, but I cannot be empathetic.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:10 pm
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14414 wrote:

Quote:
I'm forcing nothing. It's 100% your choice.
Welfare + neutered OR no welfare and no neutering.

I can understand you view. I do not agree with it.

That is, afterall, the whole point of this site Very Happy
I don't care if anyone else in the world agrees with me. It is of MY opinion. And you are certainly entitled to yours Smile

Quote:

Quote:

"don't get me wrong... there is a time and a place for welfare. People DO run into hard times, get laid off from their jobs, and so on. My problem with welfare is the people who NEVER "get back on their feet again" or weren't on their feet in the first place."

I agree with you. It is on the verge of criminal how some greedy people exploit our social programs.

yay! Very Happy

Quote:

Quote:

I went to public schools, and had every opportunity that everyone else in my town did to learn and better themselves. How come I make nearly 100k a year, and they mooch the system?"

I applaud your for your self determination. I would speculate you are more motivated.

And why is that? because I don't want to be on welfare? or because I actually CARE enough to better myself? or because i was far less lazy, went to school, graduated.

remember kids, flys spread disease. so keep yours shut Very Happy

Quote:

Quote:

"I paid nearly $36,000 in taxes last year. 36 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Why? so they can keep popping out kids and I can keep feeding them.'

heh, i do my own taxes. before my write offs, mortgage interest, and business expenses, i was in it for nearly 48k.

Quote:

I do admire your stance on taking care of your own. In relation to my own family, I adhere to this.

it is, afterall, the American Dream/Way. To make something of/for yourself by working your ass off for it. I've gone many sleepless weeks (not days, weeks) at points in my life to meet deadlines, deliver on time, and live up to my promises.

I don't have any kids or a wife, so i have no one to take care of but myself. For those of you who are family men/women, you're life is certainly a degree harder than mine is, and I applaud everyone who "makes it work".

Quote:

Correct me if I wrong but is "I have no pity, no empathy, and certainly no sympathy." related to the percentage of people who expliot our social systems.

them, and the ones who don't try.

you can't win the game if all you do is lay on your back.

again, pun intended.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:12 pm
@LukeN,
"I'm forcing nothing. It's 100% your choice.
Welfare + neutered OR no welfare and no neutering."

I now understand your view. I do not agree with it.

"NO ONE has helped me.My parents never bought me a damn thing.
I went to public schools, and had every opportunity that everyone else in my town did to learn and better themselves.How come I make nearly 100k a year, and they mooch the system?"

I applaud your self determination. I would further speculate that you are more motivated than most people.

"I paid nearly $36,000 in taxes last year. 36 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Why? so they can keep popping out kids and I can keep feeding them."

"I have no pity, no empathy, and certainly no sympathy."

Referring to the greedy group of people who exploit our social progams? Or someone else. No sarcasm. Just questions.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:15 pm
@chuckc cv,
"come to down town. you can see it for yourself"

Specifically which city? I've seen Downtown Los Angeles and Downtown New Orleans.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:17 pm
@LukeN,
okay I understand more now.

"And why is that? because I don't want to be on welfare? or because I actually CARE enough to better myself? or because i was far less lazy, went to school, graduated."

Maybe only you can answer that for yourself. But sure, I'll ask. What is it that motivates you to be successful?
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:22 pm
@LukeN,

heh, i do my own taxes. before my write offs, mortgage interest, and business expenses, i was in it for nearly 48k."

Just suggesting maybe if you paid an accountant (probably a whole lot less than $36,000 thousand dollars) you can maximize your personal wealth. But, hey it is your money and do with it as you please. Afterall, this is America.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:45 pm
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14419 wrote:
"come to down town. you can see it for yourself"

Specifically which city? I've seen Downtown Los Angeles and Downtown New Orleans.

N.O. is a perfect example. Everyone knew Katrina was coming. Everyone was told to GTFO. When they didn't and all of a sudden they are on their roofs looking for help. Instead of helping themselves, they looked for the handout.

I don't know about you, but if you tell me a Cat 5 storm is coming to town, I'm getting the F out of dodge. Sure, they are poor, and don't have cars...
hop a train.... get a ride with a friend... hitchike... walk... i don't know.. do SOMETHINg. don't just sit there.

perhaps thats a horrible example, but my point i'm trying to make is that people need to learn to help themselves instead of just expecting and waiting for a handout.

chuckc;14420 wrote:
okay I understand more now.

Maybe only you can answer that for yourself. But sure, I'll ask. What is it that motivates you to be successful?

:dunno: I don't know. I know that i'd donate blood, sperm, ebay everything i own, and even try to sell my kidney on the black market before i ever stood in a welfare line. Not because i'm "better" than them... but because it's my life, my F up, and I'M going to get myself out of it, one organ at a time.

chuckc;14421 wrote:
Just suggesting maybe if you paid an accountant (probably a whole lot less than $36,000 thousand dollars) you can maximize your personal wealth. But, hey it is your money and do with it as you please. Afterall, this is America.

I've looked for one, and trust me, there are no good ones.

I went to one and she was shocked that I "make money off the internet".

How is she going to get me a better cut, when she doesn't even know what e-commerce is?
0Megabyte

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:45 pm
@LukeN,
"come to down town. you can see it for yourself."

Logical fallacy. Just because you, personally see a large number of them doesn't mean that there is actually a number as statistically high as you say.

"of course, this figure is BS...

because, that assumes the entire population is not on welfare. which is not the case"

BS? Not at all. I got it from a source that seems reliable. I sent the link, too. Go ahead, take a look.

It's you who are making up numbers. I, on the other hand, am taking them from actual sources, which cite their own sources to boot.

Don't act stupid just because the facts don't agree with you. It's not becoming of you.

"My problem is that if they actually TRIED in life, the WOULDN'T need it. They don't try. They are lazy, and just collect their checks. Must be nice."

You're making unwarrented assumptions. You don't know them, you don't know if they're trying. You have no proof that the majority of these people are what you say they are. What, you think that if someone works hard, they'll be as wealthy as you claim to be by that alone? That's a laugh. God doesn't reward hard work, nor does he help those that help themselves. There is no such thing as karma. To succeed, it requires hard work much of the time, yes, but it also requires opportunities that not everyone gets. It takes at least some form of intelligence, too, which you do seem to have.

You have an awfully big chip on your shoulders, though. Bitter, much?

"I'm more than willing to help those who help themselves. I prefer illegal immigrants to people on welfare. Why? because they come here and bust their asses trying to make something for themselves, even if they have 11 kids at home. They don't just sit there expecting a handout. "

You prefer illegal immigrants to people on welfare.

I see.

Because they're trying to make something of themselves? And people on welfare, by definition, are not?

Your unwarrented biases are showing. Where's the data supporting your assertions? Data, not beliefs. Facts, not opinions.

:"All of which, indirectly, supports my neutered + check program. I f you can't afford one, you surely can't afford two. If you want us to help you out, agree that this is your last kid. Simple."

No it doesn't. This is inhumane barbarism, worthy of the early decades of the 20th century, not today. It makes too many unwarrented assumptions, and commits too much cruelty long term.

Your hatred of these people keeps showing. Why do you hate them so?

"There's too many options now-a-days to not finish higschool. The GED is a joke of a test, and can be taken in all of 4 hours of your life.

You can even complete a full BA/BS degree ONLINE now, without ever leaving the house.

If they had some ambition, they could buy a $50 windows 98 computer, and pay $9.95 for dialup a month out of their checks.

Instead, they dress their kids with starter jackets and Air Jordans.

And again, I don't see how being a Christian or not has anything to do with it. Jesus himself taught people to be ambitious, not a lazy sack of shi**."

Depends entirely on the situation. The culture, everything. Yes, it's pretty easy to finish high school. Yes, college diplomas are easy to get. I got my AA degree before I was done with high school. (I graduated from high school at 18.)

But your assumptions about their work ethic are showing. You don't know why they aren't, but you're assuming laziness. Its far more complicated than that. Laziness? Please!

The inner cities, the difficulties impoverished people deal with in such locations, the sheer ignorance, is not caused by laziness. Your scorn for people on welfare does not match the actual facts.

Actually, Jesus didn't teach people to be ambitious. His focus was on the spirit, not the flesh. Not your work ethic, but your faith. God helps those that help themselves, that's Ben Franklin, not Jesus.

Jesus, on the other hand, would have given these people you scorn gifts to aid them, not spit on them and walked on by because they were "lazy." He attacked that sort of view, which the rich had for the poor masses of his own time.

"I'm worried about my 36,000 that got taken from me last year.
far cry from 23 bucks, which, isn't remotely accurate in the first place."

Sorry, but most of your taxes, if you split it up by what things are being spent on, were spent on social security, the military, and medicaid.

The eldery ain't lazy.

The military isn't a charity.

And medicaid? Sorry, I'd rather not see poor children dying in the streets because their parents can't afford the expensive treatments. Would you?

That's the vast majority of where the money goes. Welfare? A drop in the bucket. Something like $50 billion goes to welfare. Something like... 1/40 of the entire budget. So, what's 1/40 out of $30,000? $750.

To split the amount they take out, only about $750 goes to welfare. For someone who makes the money you do, a drop in the bucket. And not nearly all of that goes to those welfare mothers who so despise. Again, sorry, but I can't cry for you, having to spend a big whole $750 for welfare.

I can cringe because that's a lot of money, the 36 thousand, sure. But most of that goes to causes I'd at least hope you consider better.
---

So, here's a question: Once said welfare mothers are no longer needing those services, are wealthy, or at least stable, by your system, they at that time can no longer have children.

A large enough amount of the people on welfare, such as, for example, my now quite-successful step-dad, would have then been rendered sterile due to your draconian measures. Irreversible procedures like that for life situations that will later no longer exist is not just excessive, but cruel.

Possibly starve to death, but if you're lucky be able to have kids later on, or not starve to death but be unable to have kids once you're on your feet?

Evil. There's no other word for such a choice you want to put onto people.

Also, reading your other respone, clearly you don't understand empathy. As you said, "I'm well familiar with the word. Unfortunately, to be empathetic, i'd have to be on welfare, and have 3 kids. Therefore, i cannot be."

The definition is "one's ability to recognize, perceive and directly experientially feel the emotion of another. "

You don't have to have actually been through what the other person has to feel empathy and understand their troubles.

It just takes a little imagination. And, you know, caring for your fellow human beings.

Something interesting that you said:

"NO ONE has helped me.
My parents never bought me a damn thing.
I went to public schools, and had every opportunity that everyone else in my town did to learn and better themselves."

No one helped me either. My parents never bought me a damn thing. I bought my first car at 17 with my earnings from working from 13-16. I went to public schools, but managed to get a degree from a community college before I was done. (Thanks, yes, to government, but they were using the same money that would have gone to pay my high school to pay the college, so it's no more than anyone else gets.)

So why do I have empathy for people that you wish to sterilize?

I'm only a 19 year old now, going fulltime to a good university. (Gonzaga rules!) Maybe it's that I don't have a lot of money yet, so I can understand how people who don't have my intelligence, nor had my opportunities (it takes both, after all) could feel.

I don't feel scorn for people who have less than me, even though I have had no special help and am succeeding anyway, solely on my own merits. I am going through college because of my hard work and impressive academic achievement. That's it, that's all I have. My abilities. My destiny is to rely on myself, for no one else can or wil lhelp me.

"Why? because I worked my ass off, learned something, and became good at what I do.
They... were lazy, didn't do ****, watched springer, had 213 kids and now i pay for them."

You are clearly bitter. I see that. I understand that. But it's not right. You are using exagerations of the truth, outright inaccuracies, and self-rightousness that allows you to think of these people as actually close to worthless.

That's not their problem. It's yours! I applaud your hard work. I hope to do as well as you. But such hatred is a problem far worse, far more dangerous. As a Christian, I'll pray for you. Because that hatred is something pretty serious, at least a bad as fault as the laziness you claim that all these people have.
chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:55 pm
@LukeN,
"perhaps thats a horrible example, but my point i'm trying to make is that people need to learn to help themselves instead of just expecting and waiting for a handout."

Yes, I think it is not a good example. Same flood happened in 1927, different reasons, more aligned with economic class. If you have the time and resources, listen to Aaron Neville's "Evangeline"

Yes, the city is located in a flood prone area. I would suspect most people did not leave because it was a Hurricane threat. Call them what you will. From my personal experience, when I lived there, hurricanes were such a common occurence people did little to leave, but rather threw traiditional "hurricane" parties. As a native new orleanian, well, we've never been traditionally known for our smarts, but we do know how to have a good time.

Point of reference, I was born in New Orleans and lived there the first 23 years of life. Not bragging Smile Just stating a fact.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 12:07 am
@briansol,
briansol;14425 wrote:

:dunno: I don't know. I know that i'd donate blood, sperm, ebay everything i own, and even try to sell my kidney on the black market before i ever stood in a welfare line. Not because i'm "better" than them... but because it's my life, my F up, and I'M going to get myself out of it, one organ at a time.

I've looked for one, and trust me, there are no good ones.

I went to one and she was shocked that I "make money off the internet".

How is she going to get me a better cut, when she doesn't even know what e-commerce is?

So could I then assume you are someone who will do whatever it takes (w/o injuring other) to earn finances to support yourself. No sarcasm, just observation.

Really, just an idea, I am definitely no expert when it comes to accounting, I am not. Hypothetically, if I was paying that MUCH of my own money to our government tax system, that amount, $36,000 would justify me interviewing numerous accountants.

Back to the topic:

I am pro choice. Unless the child was, in some way, my responsibility. As a man I could only try to persuade my sexual partner.

For someone else, including my sexual partner, it is their decision.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 12:29 am
@0Megabyte,
0Megabyte;14426 wrote:
What, you think that if someone works hard, they'll be as wealthy as you claim to be by that alone? That's a laugh.

Not at all. But if they work hard enough, they should be able to support themselves, living within their means.
if you make $8 an hour, you need to learn to live on an $8/hr salary. This does not include starter jackets, 7 kids, or an SUV on 20's with a 50000 watt system.

perhaps i'm stereotyping here.... or, just relaying what i see every day.

Quote:

God doesn't reward hard work, nor does he help those that help themselves. There is no such thing as karma.

Christian God vs Asian belief,
Round 1.

This is 100% speculation on both accounts.
There is no God, there is no kharma.... at least not in this post. This post is about welfare and abortion and social issues.

Quote:
To succeed, it requires hard work much of the time, yes, but it also requires opportunities that not everyone gets.

and what opportunity have I had that no one else had? The only thing that comes to mind is parents who actually raised me properly.

Quote:

It takes at least some form of intelligence, too, which you do seem to have.

not really.

look at paris hilton.

shes quite possibly the stupidest person in the world.... and even without daddy's money, shes gone on to make something of her self because of her image. She gets PAID to go to clubs, events, shows, and so on because of what she made herself.

.... even if it did take a crappy porn movie to do it.... :eek:

Everyone is smart in their own way.

I can't throw a ball to save my life.
I am not remotely handy.
but i can type, and have a programmatic mind.

but if the sink breaks, i don't have a clue what to do. Which is where the plumber comes in, who has the qualities i don't.

There is a job for everyone, smart, stupid, strong, and weak.

Quote:
You have an awfully big chip on your shoulders, though. Bitter, much?

I'm firm in my beliefs. I've been around long enough to know what's up and what's happening. Until i'm proved otherwise, i will stand firm in them.

Quote:

You prefer illegal immigrants to people on welfare.

I see.

Because they're trying to make something of themselves? And people on welfare, by definition, are not?

Your unwarrented biases are showing. Where's the data supporting your assertions? Data, not beliefs. Facts, not opinions.

Why not? they leave behind everything they now, risk getting arrested, to make crap wage, all so that their family can have something to eat that night.

The vast majority of folks on welfare risk nothing, do nothing, and expect to ride through life on the weight of my back.

Data, support, facts, figures... i don't have time to search for them.
I know what i see.
here it is 2am, and i'll bet if i took a drive through the hood, i'd see all kinds of action, instead of people getting a good night's sleep for tomorrows work day.
oh, wait, there isn't one.... :thumbdown:

Quote:

No it doesn't. This is inhumane barbarism, worthy of the early decades of the 20th century, not today. It makes too many unwarrented assumptions, and commits too much cruelty long term.

Your hatred of these people keeps showing. Why do you hate them so?

It's not barbaric.

IF you are forced onto welfare because of a kid, you can't afford another one. And its obvious that you can't be responsible enough to make that decision on your own.

look at China. they have population laws which limits to 2 kids i believe. yeah yeah, its china... but they are doing it for a reason. their population is ruining their society, so they are doing something about it. i firmly support them in THAT particular action. And I know such a thing will never fly here in the states because many people feel the same way you do. And thus, i'll keep paying for them.

Quote:
But your assumptions about their work ethic are showing. You don't know why they aren't, but you're assuming laziness. Its far more complicated than that. Laziness? Please!

what is it then? are they too proud to flip burgers? too proud to pick up trash? but they aren't too proud to take my money each week?

There are many mentally retarded people here that are baggers at the grocery store. If they can work, there is no good reason why a perfectly healthy individual can't do the same thing.

Quote:

The inner cities, the difficulties impoverished people deal with in such locations, the sheer ignorance, is not caused by laziness. Your scorn for people on welfare does not match the actual facts.

certainly, it vaires by area.

in my small city of 70k people, there are jobs, there are affordable apartments/rents ($400/month) where 2 working people making $7 an hour each can live without welfare. couple, cousin, brother/sister, mom and teenage kid...
and thats not hard to do, considering min wage is $6.45 last i checked.

Quote:

Sorry, but most of your taxes, if you split it up by what things are being spent on, were spent on social security, the military, and medicaid.

The eldery ain't lazy.

The military isn't a charity.

And medicaid? Sorry, I'd rather not see poor children dying in the streets because their parents can't afford the expensive treatments. Would you?

That's the vast majority of where the money goes. Welfare? A drop in the bucket. Something like $50 billion goes to welfare. Something like... 1/40 of the entire budget. So, what's 1/40 out of $30,000? $750.

To split the amount they take out, only about $750 goes to welfare. For someone who makes the money you do, a drop in the bucket. And not nearly all of that goes to those welfare mothers who so despise. Again, sorry, but I can't cry for you, having to spend a big whole $750 for welfare.

I can cringe because that's a lot of money, the 36 thousand, sure. But most of that goes to causes I'd at least hope you consider better.

I have no problem with medicare, though it does need reform (but i don't mind paying into it)
I have a little problem with SS, only because i'm never going to see a dime of it back, but understand that you can't just stop paying it for the old folks. they don't spend much money any way, and they live frugally off their checks.
Military funding i don't have a problem with... but i do have a problem with gov't contracts. places like haliburton that are making billions in profits by basically ripping off the tax payer on the price of the war machine. Again, an area that needs reform IMO, but i have no issues with paying it until that comes.

for math's sake, let's take that 750 and make it 1000.
1000x70,000 people here in my city...

thats a **** ton of money. 7 million dollars.
that's new books for our schools, new roads that need re-paving, etc... EVERY YEAR to boot.

its a lot of money that, IMO, could be better spent.

Quote:
So, here's a question: Once said welfare mothers are no longer needing those services, are wealthy, or at least stable, by your system, they at that time can no longer have children.

A large enough amount of the people on welfare, such as, for example, my now quite-successful step-dad, would have then been rendered sterile due to your draconian measures. Irreversible procedures like that for life situations that will later no longer exist is not just excessive, but cruel.

there are flaws with it, and it certainly will never pass as law here so getting into details is a moot point.

but, IMO, if they have 1 kid which CAUSED them to go on welfare, they should be canned. If they had 2 or 3 kids, were doing well, and then fell into bad times, that's an entirely different story.

my big problem is the corruption and abuse of the system, which so long as mothers keep popping out kids, their income goes up with it.

Quote:

Possibly starve to death, but if you're lucky be able to have kids later on, or not starve to death but be unable to have kids once you're on your feet?

Evil. There's no other word for such a choice you want to put onto people.

No one here will starve.

There are several soup kitchens (run by charities/parishes, not state funded) open to the public 7 days a week, 2 meals a day. That's all I eat. There is no reason why anyone would starve.

But again, as stated, there's clearly flaws in the model, and like any bill, i'm sure there would be 2312 aritcles, 2321321 sections, and 3423423 amendments.

Quote:

Something interesting that you said:

"NO ONE has helped me.
My parents never bought me a damn thing.
I went to public schools, and had every opportunity that everyone else in my town did to learn and better themselves."

No one helped me either. My parents never bought me a damn thing. I bought my first car at 17 with my earnings from working from 13-16. I went to public schools, but managed to get a degree from a community college before I was done. (Thanks, yes, to government, but they were using the same money that would have gone to pay my high school to pay the college, so it's no more than anyone else gets.)

So why do I have empathy for people that you wish to sterilize?

I'm only a 19 year old now, going fulltime to a good university. (Gonzaga rules!) Maybe it's that I don't have a lot of money yet, so I can understand how people who don't have my intelligence, nor had my opportunities (it takes both, after all) could feel.

I don't feel scorn for people who have less than me, even though I have had no special help and am succeeding anyway, solely on my own merits. I am going through college because of my hard work and impressive academic achievement. That's it, that's all I have. My abilities. My destiny is to rely on myself, for no one else can or wil lhelp me.

we're not so different Smile I'm 27 tomorrow *hint hint*

I have a friend who can barely read. Seriously, he's probably at the 1st grade reading level.
but he can build a house like no other, and is very successful in his construction business.

I can't shoot a basketball to save my life. To others, it comes natural, and they "know" the game, and some can make very successful livings at it. I never could, yet, we both had the same gym class growing up.
Intelligence comes in many shapes and sizes.

opportunity and intelligence are not cut and dry.

When you're done with school and start earning a living, and watch 40% of your money disappear, you'll turn bitter too Very Happy

Quote:

You are clearly bitter. I see that. I understand that. But it's not right. You are using exagerations of the truth, outright inaccuracies, and self-rightousness that allows you to think of these people as actually close to worthless.

That's not their problem. It's yours! I applaud your hard work. I hope to do as well as you. But such hatred is a problem far worse, far more dangerous. As a Christian, I'll pray for you. Because that hatred is something pretty serious, at least a bad as fault as the laziness you claim that all these people have.

It's not hate. I'd never spit on anyone, or look down upon anyone.

but I do have more respect for the guy digging in the dumpsters, collecting cans, and washing windows than i do for those sitting on their ass.

If I had $20 to give out, and there was a bum with a shopping cart, or a single mom with 3 kids on welfare, i'm giving the 20 to the bum. I already paid the mom. The bum is trying to earn a living in the way that he knows how. by hard work..... 5 cents at a time.

Please don't pray for me either. I'm not a very religious person, and you'd only be wasting your breath :peace:
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 12:34 am
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14427 wrote:
Point of reference, I was born in New Orleans and lived there the first 23 years of life. Not bragging Smile Just stating a fact.

Very Happy Thanks for the boobs Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

chuckc;14429 wrote:
So could I then assume you are someone who will do whatever it takes (w/o injuring other) to earn finances to support yourself. No sarcasm, just observation.

yup.

Until the shirt on my back is the last thing I have, i will do what i can.

If i were to lose my job right now... the car would go first, followed by everything i could ebay, most of my clothes, and finally, my condo.

now homeless and with only the shirt on my back, i'd hike about 12 miles out of town into the woods where i used to mtn bike as a kid.
plenty of water, berries for food, and fish in the lake.

i'd live on my own by my own means until i couldn't possibly do this any more.
Bear would be proud.

Quote:

Back to the topic:

I am pro choice. Unless the child was, in some way, my responsibility. As a man I could only try to persuade my sexual partner.

For someone else, including my sexual partner, it is their decision.

Ha, that was the topic of this thread, wasn't it? :p

ok, back to abortion... not welfare Very Happy
0 Replies

0Megabyte

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:34 am
@LukeN,
"and what opportunity have I had that no one else had? The only thing that comes to mind is parents who actually raised me properly."

Same here. We're actually in the minority with that. And that is, in fact, a good example of the kind of opportunities I'm talking about!

"Data, support, facts, figures... i don't have time to search for them.
I know what i see.
here it is 2am, and i'll bet if i took a drive through the hood, i'd see all kinds of action, instead of people getting a good night's sleep for tomorrows work day.
oh, wait, there isn't one.... "

Unfortunately, without data, support, and facts, you have no case.

If you go just on your own personal experiences, as most human beings tend to do, you could end up making all sorts of erroneous assumptions. Like that white people are the most populous race on the planet. (Or black people, if that's all you've seen.) That crows are pink, because the few crows you saw happened to be pink (for some reason. I dunno, paint coulda fallen on them?) Or all kinds of other silly things. That is why, in fact, personal experience is NOT a valid source of evidence for whether something is true or not in general.

Specifics, such as, "Single mother X is a lazy good-for-nothing" is something that personal experience gives far better than generalities. "Most single mothers are lazy good for nothings." The latter statement can't be proven by a single human's observations. However, scientifically gathered data from tens of thousands of them does.

Without that kind of data, a general statement about sociological conditions isn't really feasible, or at the very least will be filled with terrible miscalculations.

In addition, in personal views, there's the danger of the confirmation fallacy. In other words, subconsciously filtering out examples that go against your belief, while specifically picking up on those that support it.

Such as thinking all women drivers are bad. One under the spell of this very, very common fallacy may ignore the thousands of women drivers he drives alongside every day, but every once in awhile, when a woman driver cuts him off, notices it specifically, and uses that to claim "women shouldn't be driving! See what they always do behind the wheel?"

The human mind is a tricky thing. We all fall for such things. I'm not saying that you ARE, just saying that you cuold be, and I can't prove it eithe rway. So I'm going to use general data, not specific eyewitness accounts, as it's, in general, far more accurate.

As for the 'hood you were speaking of, confirmation fallacy, the fallacy whose name I can't remember off the top of my head, but I described above, and, in general, the assumption that those people don't have jobs, makes that a not-very-effective way of proving your point.

Certainly there are SOME that fit your description. I won't doubt that. But how many? I'm actually curious and would love to see some data on the subject.

"I have no problem with medicare, though it does need reform (but i don't mind paying into it)
I have a little problem with SS, only because i'm never going to see a dime of it back, but understand that you can't just stop paying it for the old folks. they don't spend much money any way, and they live frugally off their checks.
Military funding i don't have a problem with... but i do have a problem with gov't contracts. places like haliburton that are making billions in profits by basically ripping off the tax payer on the price of the war machine. Again, an area that needs reform IMO, but i have no issues with paying it until that comes."

We seem to agree on these issues. Good for us.

Except that we'll not ever see a dime of social security. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I don't particularly believe that social security will fail by the time I'm old. I also don't believe I'll need it due to the amount of money I'll have, but hey, I'm young and optimistic. Very Happy

"for math's sake, let's take that 750 and make it 1000.
1000x70,000 people here in my city...

thats a **** ton of money. 7 million dollars.
that's new books for our schools, new roads that need re-paving, etc... EVERY YEAR to boot.

its a lot of money that, IMO, could be better spent."

It might be better spent. And yeah, that's a pretty good chunk of money, I'll agree.

But I DO believe in welfare, and the concept it entails, and that it is a valid service that in fact is of benefit to many people. Apparently, thanks to the Welfare Reform Act, any single individual can only be on welfare for a lifetime cumulative total of five years. The fear of someone relying on welfare their entire lives and not helping themselves thanks to welfare, if they are following through with this change, is happily unfounded.

I'm trying to find the average amount of time people stay on welfare in addition to other pertinant info. I really want to know, and it would be of aid to this discussion, but due to the time of day and other issues I'm unable to find those statistics, though I'm looking.

Ahh, well, I'll find it later. Bah.

"there are flaws with it, and it certainly will never pass as law here so getting into details is a moot point."

Good point.

"I have a friend who can barely read. Seriously, he's probably at the 1st grade reading level.
but he can build a house like no other, and is very successful in his construction business.

I can't shoot a basketball to save my life. To others, it comes natural, and they "know" the game, and some can make very successful livings at it. I never could, yet, we both had the same gym class growing up.
Intelligence comes in many shapes and sizes.

opportunity and intelligence are not cut and dry."

No, it's not cut and dried. It has to do with a lot of variables. Far more than I can calculate off the top of my head. Or even on paper. I'd need, like, a variable calculator to do that. (i.e., a computer. Wait, I'm using one of those ,right? Gah! Let me rephrase that, a variable calculator with the proper program.)

Tangent about variables aside, good for your friend. And building houses is a great source of income. I know, my step-dad does it for a good living.

Unfortunately, every case is different, and I really don't know why one person succeeds while another fails. A lot of the ones I know who fail, though, are not lazy in the least. (Heh. There I go with my own fallacy!)

"When you're done with school and start earning a living, and watch 40% of your money disappear, you'll turn bitter too "

Well, I'm not going to LIKE it. But I am already anticipating it, which will at the very least make it less painful. Very Happy

In the end, I probably overreacted. I've been in a bad mood, lately. However, I don't really agree to the sterilization idea, it doesn't sit well with me.

Aynway... I guess we're done, huh? Back to abortion. Go back to my last long statement about abortion. It's pretty darn long, but do read it. I think it's pretty good. (of course, I wrote it. Why wuoldn't I? Very Happy )
0 Replies

NOOTRAC22

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:21 am
@LukeN,
I beleive in a womans right to choose to have an abortion. I would like to ask those of you who are prolife, how many children have you adopted? How many women have you helped through pregnancy to give their child up for adoption? Basically, what have you done to help with the "solution" to the so called problem? It's easy to take a stand on such a subject, but very few actually do anything towards a solution to the "problem" of abortion. So before anyone could dream of having the right of telling a woman what to do with her body they should talk to themselves first about what are they doing to find a solution to the problem. And for the men out there (like me) we shouldn't have too much to say on this issue untill we can grow a uterus and have children ourselves.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 01:59 pm
@LukeN,
Quote:
Boethius, a CHRISTIAN philosopher of the sixth century, said "Person is an individual substance of rational nature. As individual it is material, since matter supplies the principle of individuation. The soul is not person, only the composite is. Man alone is among the material beings person, he alone having a rational nature. He is the highest of the material beings, endowed with particular dignity and rights. "

Is this supposed to support your point, because it doesn't really.

Quote:
The embryo will not BECOME a human. It IS one already. However, it is not a person.

A child is a person. An adult human is a person. A mentally challenged adult is a person. My hand is not a person. A one week old embryo is not a person. A brain-dead human being which cannot regain consciousness is not a person.

Said one week old embryo, about nine months later, is definitely a person. It will BECOME one. But at the one week, it's not.

at that point in time, the clump of cells can separate and become several individuals, each of which can become a person. How can an entity following my definition, designated by things such as continuation of self, individuality and self-consciousness, split into two? It cannot.

One week after sex, it hasn't been fertilized yet. One week after fertilization:

Week 3 (1 week following fertilization)
Trophoblast cells surrounding the embryonic cells proliferate and invade deeper into the uterine lining. They will eventually form the placenta and embryonic membranes.
Formation of the yolk sac.
The embryonic cells flatten into a disk, two-cells thick.
If separation into identical twins occurs, 2/3 of the time it will happen between days 5 and 9. If it happens after day 9, there is a significant risk of the twins being conjoined.
Primitive streak develops. [4]
Primary stem villi appear. [4]

I suppose it doesn't sound like a person to me, but do most abortions happen in week 1 of developement?

Quote:
You also said, above, that their traits are all preset. Not true at all.

First of all, much of human traits are based on experience and choice, not genetics. Those things aren't set in the womb. Whether the clump of cells will become one or five separate individuals is not set, either, due to twinning. Their education will decide much. Their physical traits will be affected by their environment, outside chemical influences. Besides which, they don't have most of those traits THEN. I wasn't conscious when I was concieved, nor were you. We weren't people under those definitions above.

Maybe traits besides physical ones, but physical traits are split between mother and father basically. Things in the enviornment can only change them.

Quote:
Back to the embryos, they have no brains. They cannot be conscious. They have no more say than an ameoba. And at that early stage, about as much potential for pain.

Week 4 (2 weeks from fertilization - first missed menstrual period)
A notochord forms in the center of the embryonic disk.
A neural groove (future spinal cord) forms over the notochord with a brain bulge at one end. Neuromeres appear.
Heart tubes begin to fuse.
Gastrulation commences. [4]
Somites, the divisions of the future vertebra, form. [4]
Primitive heart tube is forming. Vasculature begins to develop in embryonic disc. [4]

It seems as though they have a brain and heart by now, which devlope quickly.

Quote:
Just as I have no obligation to give you blood, a woman has no obligation to give a fetus her own nutrients.

Yes she does. The fact that the fetus is there is her own fault.

Quote:
The Democrats of the time of the civil war are not the same as today. The Democrats then, if they were taken to today's times, would be roughly closer to Republicans in ideology (you know, the part that matters.). And vice-versa.

Social ideology, not necessarily on slavery.

Quote:

Also, in the current age, Republicans don't support civil rights for groups such as homosexuals.

To say that Republicans, ideologically and currently as an organization, supports civil rights is a falsehood! I don't believe you were intentionally lying, but it was certainly false, regardless of your beliefs.

Not fake civil rights like the right to get a homosexual marriage (a Christian institution, at least in our country) or to have an abortion, no. But civil rights that are suggested by the Constitution and in the spirit of our country, yes.

Quote:
Panderers. Ha. Conservatives pander to evangelical Christians, many of whom would turn this country into a Christian flavored, Iranesque theocracy! Have you even heard the eyewitness accounts of the scorn the current Republican leadership has for those they're taking support from in those quarters?

Also, read up on Dominionism, also called Christian Nationalism. It's frightening. Not something to be overtly concerned about at the moment, as they aren't about to go try to take over through violent means, but they're a group to be aware of. A group that, if they had their way, would make our nation the same kind of theocracy as Iran has. (Only, you know, Christian instead of Muslim.)

This is pretty much propaganda. Don't all groups wish to reflect their values on politics? Isn't this what politics is about? Why should you vote for someone if they disagree with you? Shouldn't everyone be represented in politics?
0 Replies

0Megabyte

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:09 pm
@LukeN,
You know, I had a long post arguing you point for point, but forget it.

You support chaining people to walls and making them support other humans, regardless of their wishes.

You wish to punish people for things that are not crimes.

You deride the rights of other PEOPLE, and claim they are fake.

You claim truth is propaganda, and twist history to suit your false beliefs.

Instead of seeing objective truth, you continue living in a subjective, moralistic fantasy world.

I can't talk to you. You're evil. We have no common ground.

Thank God this country's society is built up the way it is, for if we were in a state of nature the only possibility when you encounter someone who holds no common ground with you, and whose beliefs and goals exactly contradict your own is conflict.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:24 pm
@0Megabyte,
0Megabyte;14237 Wow. I see your view of women is rather negative, isn't it? Sometimes, yes, in the case of rape, actually. But beyond that, why should they have to? Why should they be forced to do that? They shouldn't have to do that, though! Do you see them as something negative, these women who have sex? "The Constitution gaurantee's Life, Liberty and the persuit of happiness. Abortion deny's all of these? Is that not unConstitutional?" The 14th Amendment is the only place these things are mentioned. I had said something innacurate before but deleted it, due to actually looking the damn thing up. Here. 1. All persons [U wrote:
born[/U] or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any personwithin its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

On the first hand, legally, unborn people, if I'm right, aren't yet citizens. That's the first key.

Second, I made clear the due process clause, under which Roe v. Wade was decided upon.

"No State shall ... deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...."

The decision was also, and this is key and something I hold to, that abortion is permissible until the "point at which the fetus becomes ‘viable,’ that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."

The opinion of the Court at that time, which was written by Justice Harry Blackmun, stated "the right of privacy, whether it be founded in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action, as we feel it is, or, as the District Court determined, in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people, is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."

Now, I'd need to look at all later cases to make sure of the precise current legal standing of abortion, but I'm not a legal scholar and I don't have time at the moment.

You may not agree, but based on the actual Constitution, abortion is and should be legal.

Now, a problem does come when it comes to defining a fetus as a person. Do that, and it is a totally different ballgame, yes? I agree! However. The Court decided at that time that the Constitution's protections were not including the unborn., and were not persons under the law.

Some, including many liberal scholars, may argue that the decision is just making something up out of thin air, that it isn't in the Constitution. I don't see it that way, I agree with the reasoning that the Justices used for Roe v. Wade. I also see it in a few different places, but that's not the point, that has nothing to do with the current law or its current reasoning.

A good arguement does exist for it to be left to the states. I agree with that, in the legal sense. But I still support the law as is.

"Who decides who lives and dies?"

As for unborn children? The mother.

"Where do you draw the line? "

Legally, second trimester is the line. There and beyond, no.

"Your willing to kill it when it is more then one cell, how many cells is justifiable? Two, two thousand, two million, two billion? How many cells are in a baby at the second trimester?"

After clarifying my view above, this should be obvious.

"Why do you differentiate between this clump of cells and a clump of cells in it's third trimester?"

Shall I mention that the thing I value is sentience, consciousness, personhood, not human life in and of itself? Also, I'll make this clear: viability is a clear difference. The baby is viable. Sorry, that viable baby shouldn't be aborted.

"Where do you define if and when a human being is created?"

Obviously, human life exists as soon as conception.

That doesn't mean it's a person. Which it's not. My hand is also human life, and in those first few months, my hand is closer to a person than that lump of cells.

"You must have an answer if you have an opinion between abortion being ok for the first tri, iffy for the second and no for the third? "

Look above.

"When is your difference between personal choice and murder?"

Murder is a legal thing. Perhaps you should rephrase that to "your difference between eprsonal choice and killing?"

Obviously, human life dies. But it's legal to kill far more important human life than that. Big deal.

" Is it human at it's first breath, heartbeat, thought, sensation of pain? If you can't answer all of these, you need to apply yourself a little before you inject such a one sided sexist arguement, IMO."

Ha. It's ALIVE, it's HUMAN, in the first moment. Personhood? Birth. But, viability means it could be born and survive. That's close enough for me to keep from killing it.

One sided sexist arguement, is it?

Cute. That's really cute. The only sexist here is you, Mr. "chain their legs together."
Quote:
Wow. I see your view of women is rather negative, isn't it?

Your the one that said: "You know, in my opinion, doing what amounts to chaining a woman to a wall and forcing her to let a baby grow inside of her is a violent, evil act." The only instance you see foreseeable is in rape, so what about the other 99.9% that are not raped? Are they chained and forced to have sex or are the free to have sex and then are forced to deal with the repercussions of unprotected sex?
Quote:
Sometimes, yes, in the case of rape, actually. But beyond that, why should they have to? Why should they be forced to do that?

They shouldn't have to do that, though! Do you see them as something negative, these women who have sex?

I see a problem with men and women who have unprotected sex.
Quote:
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Define born, technically when the baby is removed whole or in part from the womb, IMO it is born.

Quote:
On the first hand, legally, unborn people, if I'm right, aren't yet citizens. That's the first key.

When it is separated from the female, unnaturally dead/killed, do you consider it unborn?
Quote:
Second, I made clear the due process clause, under which Roe v. Wade was decided upon.

A lot of people think eventually Rove V Wade will be over turned. Also Wade, since this case has been decided has now changed her mind.
Quote:
The decision was also, and this is key and something I hold to, that abortion is permissible until the "point at which the fetus becomes ‘viable,’ that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."

I have seen baby's live premature from twenty two weeks. So if it is viable at that age, so to abort after, would that be murder to you?
Quote:
"the right of privacy, whether it be founded in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty

I've read the fourteenth amendment a few times and I do not recall ever seeing anything about a right to "Privacy"? Concept of personal liberty does not constitute privacy. As the Justice said, it's a concept, therefor not in the Constitution.

Quote:
and restrictions upon state action, as we feel it is, or, as the District Court determined, in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people, is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."

Key words in his statement. They FEEL it is OK to restrict a state to decide for it self? That is definitely not how the Constitution works! The also think there term is "broad enough to encompass" So it would not naturally be there but they have taken it upon them selves to determine for themselves not the American people, themselves that they will give the perceived right of privacy to this women but in-fact will give the male no consideration even though by legal term this pregnancy is half his? If she decides to kill it there is no legal penalty, if she decides to keep it, the man will pay for it the rest of his life, sounds real equal to me don't you think?
Quote:
You may not agree, but based on the actual Constitution, abortion is and should be legal.

Show me where?
Quote:
As for unborn children? The mother.

Why not the father?
Can you define for me what you consider the difference between before and after the second trimester? Do you consider it a person at that point and that why you say no after the second but OK before it?
Quote:
Shall I mention that the thing I value is sentience, consciousness, person hood, not human life in and of itself? Also, I'll make this clear: viability is a clear difference. The baby is viable. Sorry, that viable baby shouldn't be aborted.

I can live with that, i just don't think any life should be taken whether viable or not. Except for capitol punishment and rape.
Quote:
Obviously, human life exists as soon as conception.

If you believed that then doing anything to that life after conception would be harming a human being. In that case can i assume you feel it's OK to harm a human being up till the twelfth week?
Quote:
That doesn't mean it's a person. Which it's not. My hand is also human life, and in those first few months, my hand is closer to a person than that lump of cells.
That clump of cells if left to its own will, will become what that hand can only dream of becoming!
Quote:
Look above.

I don't think a person can say human life begins and conception but it is ok to end that human life up till twelve weeks? Is it not human at twelve and human at thirteen?
Quote:
Murder is a legal thing. Perhaps you should rephrase that to "your difference between personal choice and killing?"

Where is murder legal?
Quote:
Ha. It's ALIVE, it's HUMAN, in the first moment. Personhood? Birth. But, viability means it could be born and survive. That's close enough for me to keep from killing it.

If it is aborted after popular consensus decides it's viable, would you consider it murder afterwards?
Quote:
One sided sexist arguement, is it?

Cute. That's really cute. The only sexist here is you, Mr. "chain their legs together
Your the first one to mention any thing about chaining.
Quote:
chaining a woman to a wall and forcing her to let a baby grow inside of her is a violent, evil act.

I'm trying to find out where you think it turns from a "violent, evil act" to murder on her part? I think that definition for you is around the second to third trimester?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:35 pm
@NOOTRAC22,
NOOTRAC22;14452 wrote:
I beleive in a womans right to choose to have an abortion. I would like to ask those of you who are prolife, how many children have you adopted? How many women have you helped through pregnancy to give their child up for adoption? Basically, what have you done to help with the "solution" to the so called problem? It's easy to take a stand on such a subject, but very few actually do anything towards a solution to the "problem" of abortion. So before anyone could dream of having the right of telling a woman what to do with her body they should talk to themselves first about what are they doing to find a solution to the problem. And for the men out there (like me) we shouldn't have too much to say on this issue untill we can grow a uterus and have children ourselves.
Quote:
I would like to ask those of you who are prolife, how many children have you adopted? How many women have you helped through pregnancy to give their child up for adoption? Basically, what have you done to help with the "solution" to the so called problem?

You first?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:41 pm
@0Megabyte,
0Megabyte;14523 wrote:
You know, I had a long post arguing you point for point, but forget it.

You support chaining people to walls and making them support other humans, regardless of their wishes.

You wish to punish people for things that are not crimes.

You deride the rights of other PEOPLE, and claim they are fake.

You claim truth is propaganda, and twist history to suit your false beliefs.

Instead of seeing objective truth, you continue living in a subjective, moralistic fantasy world.

I can't talk to you. You're evil. We have no common ground.

Thank God this country's society is built up the way it is, for if we were in a state of nature the only possibility when you encounter someone who holds no common ground with you, and whose beliefs and goals exactly contradict your own is conflict.
Quote:
Thank God this country's society is built up the way it is, for if we were in a state of nature the only possibility when you encounter someone who holds no common ground with you, and whose beliefs and goals exactly contradict your own is conflict

So after this conflict, who do you think is gonna survive? A pacifist such as yourself would be the first on the chopping block, don't you think? My moneys on Reagalknight!
0 Replies