U.S. Seeks Silence on CIA Prisons

Brent cv

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:47 pm
@oleo,
oleo;6532 wrote:
For the last part, Brent, they did rise up when we told them to, during the
first Gulf War... and we left them to be slaughtered by Saddam.

I am not talking about a small part of Iraq. I am talking about the whole Muslim community putting an end to Muslim extremist leaders that control countries like Iran.

Quote:

Don't try to push the unpatriotic thing onto me. I'm realistically looking at
the situation.

No where did I push anything unpatriotic on you. I am saying that you can not put us on the same field as the people we fight. If Americans can not go to sleep at night knowing that we are better than the enemy we fight that is pathetic.

Quote:

War is hell. Once you've asked someone to unleash the most awful parts
of human nature from himself onto an enemy it's hard to expect him to
selectively focus it. That's why you don't wage war within a civilian population.

Yet that is exactly what the enemy is trying to do and exactly my point of why we are better than the enemy.

Quote:

Besides which, you still miss the point that we didn't have to go to war with
Iraq. They were not an immediate threat. Our enemy... our immediate enemy
who attacked us was Al Qaeda, based in Afghanistan.

We did not have to go to war with Iraq on that date and time but it had to happen. We went to war with Al Qaeda as well and now Al Qaeda has brought the fight to us in Iraq.
oleo

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:50 pm
@Brent cv,
We made that last one possible, by destabilizing the country, and by not
finishing them off with the total of our resources in Afghanistan.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:51 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Ok now you are getting off my entire point which was that we are better than the enemy.

We all know mistakes happened. It is pretty clear. My point is that people comparing the US to the likes of the terrorist we fight because we interrogate people "too rough" is pathetic.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:43 pm
@Brent cv,
I'm referring to the low value detainees, not the crazy fools who blow stuff up or kill someone. They get what they deserve.

We aren't even talking about the same detainees. Just because they are in our custody doesn't mean they commited a crime.

You do realize some of the detainees were brought to us because we were paying a bounty for people of interest from warlords and citizens, who might have implicated someone for the money.

Nobody but the government knows what goes on there becauase they don't want to be held accountable for their actions when they are wrong. At least legal council would be a check and balance.

If we throw our Constitution out the window for the sake of illegal detention, we are not better than they are IMO.
0 Replies