U.S. Seeks Silence on CIA Prisons

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:20 am
The Bush administration has told a federal judge that terrorism suspects held in secret CIA prisons should not be allowed to reveal details of the "alternative interrogation methods" that their captors used to get them to talk.

U.S. Seeks Silence on CIA Prisons - washingtonpost.com

In other words the U.S. government does torture detainees but they don't want anyone to know about it.

Your gig is up Georgie boy.

We do torture detainees who often times are innocent victims of our violations of human rights.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,669 • Replies: 63
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 12:02 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Quote:
In other words the U.S. government does torture detainees but they don't want anyone to know about it.

In other words, your grabbing a straws again.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 01:15 pm
@Drnaline,
By torturing detainees the U.S. is seen guilty of the same human rights violations we denounce.
oleo

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 04:47 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Drnaline is such an authoritarian follower personality type. He'll defend them
to the end... and support them torturing anyone, especially "liberals."

onegoodmove: Conservatives Without Conscience
Sherman cv

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 07:39 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6324 wrote:
The Bush administration has told a federal judge that terrorism suspects held in secret CIA prisons should not be allowed to reveal details of the "alternative interrogation methods" that their captors used to get them to talk.

U.S. Seeks Silence on CIA Prisons - washingtonpost.com

Your gig is up Georgie boy.

We do torture detainees who often times are innocent victims of our violations of human rights.

So what??? Why it is so wrong to make people pay for a crime?

We need to use all the means necessary to scare our enemies!!

Or people believe that we should get them talk with candys or a cup of tea!!! Oh better, we can try the polite approach of english people : Could you please tell me who are your associates and when you are gonna to plan the next jihad, thank you very much indeed ......:dunno: Bollocks!!!!

I am not surprised that criminals and terrorists are increasing, if we continue with such damn lame attitude!!!!:no:
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 09:48 pm
@Sherman cv,
Sherman

You missed the whole point.Very Happy You don't know who is being held or what their charges are.

Tortue isn't necessarily the most effective method of interrogation to strart with. It just the most barbaric.

It goes against the U.S. laws of due process. You know, innocent until proven guilty. You seem to suggest they are guilty by association. Very few of them are even charged with a crime. The information gathered when the detainee is being tortured isn't always reliable either.

Your attitude is what got us involved in Iraq. Too much faith in government. With Bush directing it, it's even worse. He gave the C.I.A. and the military a green light for this type of treatment of detainees labeled as persons of interest.

They should be treated as prisioners of war.They would still be mistreated, but the Red Cross and similiar agencies would have accest to prisioners to to monitor their treatment.

We are losing future bargaining chips in negotiating treaties where human rights are an issue. China is a good example.

What is the trade deficit these days with China?Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 09:59 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6350 wrote:
By torturing detainees the U.S. is seen guilty of the same human rights violations we denounce.

You won't even define what you deem as torture but i'm supposd to believe you, that it is happening, it don't work that way. Your lips are moving but nothing is coming out?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:12 am
@Drnaline,
I wasn't trying to convince anyone.:wtf:
Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:14 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6364 wrote:
Sherman

You missed the whole point.Very Happy You don't know who is being held or what their charges are.

Tortue isn't necessarily the most effective method of interrogation to strart with. It just the most barbaric.

It goes against the U.S. laws of due process. You know, innocent until proven guilty. You seem to suggest they are guilty by association. Very few of them are even charged with a crime. The information gathered when the detainee is being tortured isn't always reliable either.

Your attitude is what got us involved in Iraq. Too much faith in government. With Bush directing it, it's even worse. He gave the C.I.A. and the military a green light for this type of treatment of detainees labeled as persons of interest.

They should be treated as prisioners of war.They would still be mistreated, but the Red Cross and similiar agencies would have accest to prisioners to to monitor their treatment.

We are losing future bargaining chips in negotiating treaties where human rights are an issue. China is a good example.

What is the trade deficit these days with China?Very Happy
Quote:

Make up you mind, is it about torture or who we are supposedly torturing?

Quote:

Name a better effective form of interrogation? I know your answer already, it's that same as most of the other stuff you refuse to clarify. To prove it's the most barbaric first you must prove it happened in the first place, that you have yet to do!
Quote:
It goes against the U.S. laws of due process. You know, innocent until proven guilty.

To take advantage of our laws, you have to be US citizen. If you have citizenship and are plotting against the country, you are no longer a citizen, you are a traitor. So tell me tumble, Is foley innocent untill proven guilty, what about Bush? Still believe in your statement or are you a hipocrit? If they are never convicted are they still innocent in your eyes?

Quote:
Very few of them are even charged with a crime. The information gathered when the detainee is being tortured isn't always reliable either.

BOO hoo hoo.

Quote:
Your attitude is what got us involved in Iraq. Too much faith in government. With Bush directing it, it's even worse.

Innocent untill proven guilty right? Or do you hold a double standard?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:16 am
@Drnaline,
Mission accomplished.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:17 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6372 wrote:
I wasn't trying to convince anyone.:wtf:

If your not trying to convince anyone why try to correct your point?

Quote:
You missed the whole point. You don't know who is being held or what their charges are.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:20 am
@Drnaline,
Discussing topics with you is pointless. You can't think outside of the box.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:21 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6374 wrote:
Mission accomplished.
LOL, got torture proof? Never had any in the first place, just the flagrant use of a word. I expected as much.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:27 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6376 wrote:
Discussing topics with you is pointless. You can't think outside of the box.

You can't/won't define what you think is in the box. It is point less because you stop inputting and would rather change the subject of go around in circles. It is you doing this not any one else. Why do you engauge these topics and then beat around the bush? I understand you not wanting to define yourself because in the longrun it would be used against you. But it leaves your arguement riddled with holes.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:29 am
@Drnaline,
Whatever.:blah: :wootSMILEY:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:37 am
@tumbleweed cv,
Yup, that sums up your arguement and that's about all any one will get out of you. All i can say is thanks for making my job easy. Shall we go in another circle?
Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:43 am
@oleo,
oleo;6352 wrote:
Drnaline is such an authoritarian follower personality type. He'll defend them
to the end... and support them torturing anyone, especially "liberals."

onegoodmove: Conservatives Without Conscience
Define torture? And i'll let you know if i agree with you.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 10:51 am
@Drnaline,
What is your " job " anyway? The only thing I can see you are doing is insulting everyone who has a different opinion than you do.

Without insults you don't offer much in the way of discussion. You turn topics into schoolyard banter.
Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:02 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
"Whatever. "
Quite an erudite response !

I don't insult you . As a matter of fact , I follow your links when provided . I don't think you realize that you beat around the bush a lot , you are so convinced of your opinions that you don't accept any others . Just the thing you accuse others of doing in almost all your posts .

When will you even attempt to see another viewpoint ? Is there something we can do to try to get you to see opposing views in a discussion ? Do you think all opposition to your view is patently wrong ?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:37 pm
@Curmudgeon,
You may be right about beating around the bush. Point taken.:thumbup:

On the other hand, personal attacks coming from a moderator won't get me on the right track either.

Sometimes I throw comments out there to just for the sake of offering a different point of view. There are few times anyone agrees, but I get a chuckle out of it just the same.

I'm under the impression that sometimes it is easier to shoot the messenger.