F.B.I. Targeting Americans Again

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:41 pm
Are you gonna make him sign an oath of allegiance?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:53 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Are you gonna make him sign an oath of allegiance?

Now why would I want to do that?

He says he's a communist-----I just want to know what he believes in besides that he feels he has a "RIGHT" to live in a country that allows him to express his beliefs. I would like to know why he doesn't want to go to a country where he can be with other communists. Is it because he knows he wouldn't have the freedom he has here?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:28 pm
Freedoms
Why is it that many people keep saying the the USA is the only country that has freedoms?

BTW we do have the right to express our views in the USA. Of course, we may be placed in the FBI files for doing just that.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:30 pm
Touche!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:32 pm
I don't live in the US (anymore) and I say whatever the hell I please.

I didn't feel free in all the years I lived in the US either.
0 Replies

Crazy

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 07:34 am
perception what do you belive in?Are we not allowed to comment on how the government is running things ?Are we to be considered non- patrioitic for it?Or like in 1933 sit and agree with a government that is so paranoid it will to create a police state,for the excuse of protecting its citizens.You don't have to be a communist or not to see that.You must believe the propaganda the government is feeding you.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:09 am
Crazy

If you have done a profile search on me and read some of my recent posts you would know exactly what I believe in.

Take a look at communist ideology before asking me what I believe in.
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 03:21 pm
The United States is headed for totalitarianism. In my lifetime, I have lost so many freedoms, I can't begin to count them. We need to clear the books of stupid laws and clear the congress/white house of stupid, repressive politicians in order to regain our basic freedoms.
I hope we get nuked in Washington DC. I will cheer because then, we can start all over and do it right this time, hopefully not repeating stupid mistakes.
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:42 pm
Grottomaster,

Please educate me, what are those freedoms that you have lost? I know there are so many stupid laws that we need to remove but can you tell me some of those that are so stupid that we have to remove immediately.

I know you are exaggerating when you say nuke in Washington. This will make the place uninhabitable for about 20 years and the fallout can go as far as the central states. not to mention millions in death. Maybe we can compromise on a massive explosion during the joint session of Congress and the Senate during the state of the nation address and hope that the Supreme Court Justices decides to skip this session.
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 08:29 am
Ricardo, it's like this. In the fall of the year, you used to be allowed to rake up a few leaves and burn them. It wasn't hurting a thing. It was part of the ambiance of Autumn. Now, they'll arrest you for it.
Then, get a hunting and fishing brochure from 1960 and compare it to one today. There are hundreds of more restrictive laws for the most ridiculous and obscure of offenses.
Then there's the Political Correctness of the office atmosphere. The word police will get you if you don't think out each and every word that you say. They will discipline you severely for certain words, even if the word has two distinct meanings and you used it innocently, they'll say it has "the appearance of inpropriety."
Then there are seat belts and motorcycle helmets. This used to be a personal choice.
I used to be allowed to refill my own car air conditioner with refrigerant but now you must be licensed.
Smoking in a bar? Forget it!!!
I could go on for days but by now you should get the drift of what I'm saying.
I'm still for the nuke. The new Capitol could be relocated.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 12:43 pm
Quote of the Day: "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections." - Justice Robert H. Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette (1943)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 12:53 pm
and that's why we need an amendment to the consitution explaining all those freedoms are really only intended to pertain to those that agree with me (and of course my friends) after all this is a "democracy" and if we can't have rule by them that gets the most votes what damn good is it anyway?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:07 pm
grottomaster wrote:
Ricardo, it's like this. In the fall of the year, you used to be allowed to rake up a few leaves and burn them. It wasn't hurting a thing. It was part of the ambiance of Autumn. Now, they'll arrest you for it.
Then, get a hunting and fishing brochure from 1960 and compare it to one today. There are hundreds of more restrictive laws for the most ridiculous and obscure of offenses.
Then there's the Political Correctness of the office atmosphere. The word police will get you if you don't think out each and every word that you say. They will discipline you severely for certain words, even if the word has two distinct meanings and you used it innocently, they'll say it has "the appearance of inpropriety."
Then there are seat belts and motorcycle helmets. This used to be a personal choice.
I used to be allowed to refill my own car air conditioner with refrigerant but now you must be licensed.
Smoking in a bar? Forget it!!!
I could go on for days but by now you should get the drift of what I'm saying.
I'm still for the nuke. The new Capitol could be relocated.

Good post Grotto----but who exactly are you blamimg for your loss of freedoms---especially those you listed. I would tend to blame the ACLU and "fringe" minorities who have a singular axe to grind rather than any particular administration or political party. One of the greatest threats to our society is the modern tendency to listen to and respond to every damn nut case.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:37 pm
Hmmm...so, according to percy, one can extrapolate this to mean that segregation should never have ended, the Miranda ruling was stupid, and should be abolished, women do not deserve maternity leave, and what the heck, who was the idiot that gave them the vote in the first place, etc....Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:43 pm
damn, I can't even have me a KKK party with a little shooting up in the air and maybe land on some heads without getting the ACLU involved. I do believe them liberal ACLU types is ruining all my fun. but what the hell, when us KKK members wanted to have a parade in Illinois I gotta admit it was the ACLU that stood for my rights for free speech. Damn confusing if you ask me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:46 pm
Hobit, you got to remember it was them liberals in the territory of Wyoming and the state of Colorado which first gave women the vote. Damn liberal cowboys. I bet them ranchers and miners and farmers was a dreamin' up the ACLU even back in those days.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:54 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:05 pm
My dislike for the ACLU is almost as intense as for the liberal concept that says to have a functional society we must spend all our time avoiding all insensitive thoughts,or voicing any opinion that could be interpreted as being insensitive----in other words we must at all times be advocates and practitioners of political correctness. Why is it that those on this forum who advocate political correctness do not practice what they preach in their postings???????
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:38 pm
perception, thanks. Who do I blame? I blame people who do not vote. And I blame people who vote for incumbents just because they are incumbents. And I blame liberal judges who get away from the "spirit" of the Constitution in an effort to satisfy the revisionist historians' version of that venerable document's technical aspects. And I blame ultra-conservative judges for interpreting the Constitution, in ways that were never intended by its signers, in some mindless effort to fill up the jails and prisons.
I guess I'm saying that people have put their "apathy" and, on the other end, their "agendas" as a higher priority than Freedom and the good of the country. You have the ACLU trying to help rotten child molesters get out of prison on a technicality and then, you have old Alabama nut judges who would gladly convict any non-Christian on that point alone. The middle ground and good intentions are out the window and extremism is the rule of the day.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:40 pm
the problem is that everyone thinks that everyone else is the extremist.
0 Replies