F.B.I. Targeting Americans Again

Piffka

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:39 am
perception wrote:
Damn ----this memo is dated 24 May 2002 and refers to actions that occured prior to 9/II------in case you can't correlate that significance it is prior to enactment of the Patriot Act which abolishes the stupid prohibition for the FBI to coordination their activities with other Law enforcement agencies. This little prohibition was as a direct result of the ACLU wanting to limit the activities of the FBI which of course found a head nodding audience prior to 9/II. In essence you could therefore more appropriately blame the the ACLU for 9/II than any agency of the gov't.

You're blaming the ACLU for 9/11 because the CIA agents decided there wasn't enough information to warrant the FBI's concerns?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:42 am
Looking in, howdy.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:43 am
perception wrote:
Damn ----this memo is dated 24 May 2002 and refers to actions that occured prior to 9/II------in case you can't correlate that significance it is prior to enactment of the Patriot Act which abolishes the stupid prohibition for the FBI to coordination their activities with other Law enforcement agencies. This little prohibition was as a direct result of the ACLU wanting to limit the activities of the FBI which of course found a head nodding audience prior to 9/II. In essence you could therefore more appropriately blame the the ACLU for 9/II than any agency of the gov't.

You're blaming the ACLU for 9/11 because the CIA agents decided there wasn't enough information to warrant the FBI's concerns?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:57 am
Pifka wrote:

Yet again you miss the point----prior to the Patriot
Act the CIA and the FBI were prohibited from sharing such information. Neither were allowed to make a judgement------thanks to the overzealous efforts of the ACLU. Your self induced naivete is baffling but pigeons who band to gether often exhibit similar characteristics
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:02 am
the point being that if J Edgar had not totally botched the creditiblity of the FBI as well as the rights of the citizenry, the ACLU would have never been involved.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:09 am
outdated heresay
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:10 am
Shocked
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:13 am
Take a break from following me around and look it up Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:18 am
paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:25 am
I'd rather be with the ACLU than against it, but I'll argue you have a perfect right to insult me and call me an ignorant pigeon. Perhaps I should up my donation to ACLU???
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:28 am
dyslexia wrote:
paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep.

Your constant overevaluation of your intellectual capability is hilarious. The problem with overly educated folks is that nothing you say can ever be considered original-----everything is plagiarism
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:32 am
Perception
Do you do anything except for argue? Just curious.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:33 am
Perception, don't blame the ACLU or the Quakers.

Blame the Bill of Rights. It is the Bill of Rights that give the gaurantees that you say help the terrorists.

The right that people have to express dissent is in the First Amendment. The protection against unreasonable search and siezure and the right to counsel are in the 4th and 5th amendments.

Of course there is an attempt to fix the problems in the Bill of Rights as reported by the Onion

http://www.theonion.com/onion3847/bill_of_rights.html

Which says

"As visionary as they were, the framers of the Constitution never could have foreseen, for example, that our government would one day need to jail someone indefinitely without judicial review. There was no such thing as suspicious Middle Eastern immigrants back then."

But, the Quakers do not pose any risk of terrorism. There is no reason for the FBI to investigate them unless the government is trying to stifle dissent.

But why would they want that?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:33 am
I think I just stepped into a very deep black hole!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:34 am
What is originality? Undetected plagiarism!
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:36 am
Does the flock of sheep you're in ever do anything but go "Baa" and nod your collective heads
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:38 am
dyslexia wrote:
What is originality? Undetected plagiarism!

Laughing Suspicians confirmed
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:39 am
Steal from one writer and it's plagiarism. Steal from three or more and it's called research.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:56 am
perception wrote:

The problem with overly educated folks is that nothing you say can ever be considered original-----everything is plagiarism

Percy, green is so not your colour. You have no need to be envious of those of us who have an education. Why not enroll in university? I haev someone just like you in my Western Civ class: elderly, opinionated, flag fondling, "America is always right," etc.... He serves as a wonderful caution to the 18 yr. olds of the dangers of going through life with blinders on. Very Happy He has already decided that all of the books were written by "commies." Shocked
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:24 pm
or "anarchists"
0 Replies