Do you believe the Republican party will keep its control?

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:55 pm
Do you believe the Republican Party will still control the House and Senate after the mid term elections this year?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,766 • Replies: 68
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:27 pm
@Brent cv,
Yup, Hear any good dem idea's lately? Neither have they.
jatuab

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 09:00 pm
@Brent cv,
Congress - yes

White House - questionable
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 05:07 am
@Brent cv,
Yes , in Congress , but not the White House .
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 10:42 pm
@Brent cv,
Yes, but they will lose seats.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 06:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4294 wrote:
Yup, Hear any good dem idea's lately? Neither have they.

Well, at least they aren't getting carted off to court for Abramoff money laundering scandals...along with their "Christian Coalition" groups.

I think the American people have had it with Republicans.

Bush: Job Ratings

And the way they have stuck it to the American working famliy...
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 11:18 am
@Willie cv,
Willie;4518 wrote:
Well, at least they aren't getting carted off to court for Abramoff money laundering scandals...along with their "Christian Coalition" groups.

Stuck it to the American family huh? From the way you and all the rest of the anti Bush crowd talk you'd thing the economy was on the verge of destruction Wink

FOXNews.com - Michael Moore Unveils New Film, 'Sicko' - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

FOXNews.com - Fed Beige Book: U.S. Economy Continues Growth - Economy

FOXNews.com - Weekly Jobless Claims Decline By 9,000 - Economy

FOXNews.com - Economy Adds 128,000 Jobs in August, Unemployment Dips to 4.7% as Economy Shows Lingering Strength - Economy

FOXNews.com - Bernanke: Productivity Likely to Keep Growing - Economy

Just a few examples to note that the economy is not in horrible shape like you claim.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:01 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4518 wrote:

So what your saying is you guys really don't have any idea's? But your sure ready to criticize the party that does have idea's? How tolerant and openminded of you. You've had it with us because that's the only thing you can think of. If you do get any idea's feel free to post them.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:32 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4535 wrote:
So what your saying is you guys really don't have any idea's? But your sure ready to criticize the party that does have idea's? How tolerant and openminded of you. You've had it with us because that's the only thing you can think of. If you do get any idea's feel free to post them.

That is what it sounds like to me too
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
@Brent cv,
I just hope willie has a little more sustanance then just accusations.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:48 pm
@Brent cv,

And then there's this, of course:

Poverty in America: One Nation, Pulling Apart -- The Atlas on Poverty in America

The Washington Monthly

If this economy is so good with all the great news from FOX (don't they cheer on this government?) then why is poverty levels increasing and median income decreasing?
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:50 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4535 wrote:

How did you get that from the topic question and my answer? The question is will republicans keep their control in the Congress? Nope. Look at the polls and the economy and the disastifaction ( I KNOW I spelled that wrong) and you pretty see the face of the future on you.
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:53 pm
@Willie cv,
And here's one of my favorite sites on your government endorsed FOX news media. They are a joke.

Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:54 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4551 wrote:
And then there's this, of course:

Poverty in America: One Nation, Pulling Apart -- The Atlas on Poverty in America

The Washington Monthly

If this economy is so good with all the great news from FOX (don't they cheer on this government?) then why is poverty levels increasing and median income decreasing?

Ah a typical liberal response to anything related to Foxnews. Too bad those articles are federal reports and factual numbers. The same numbers that are reported on CNN and MSNBC but since they are Foxnews they are somehow automatically wrong.

As far as Poverty in America, it will always exist. I can tell you that the poverty rate in America is far lower than China and Great Britian. I guess that means all those countries are headed for Economic dooms day too.

You said the working American family. The average working American family lives far above Poverty level so I fail to see how that is relevant
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4554 wrote:
And here's one of my favorite sites on your government endorsed FOX news media. They are a joke.

I could list many news agency that are influenced by the left as much as Foxnews leans right.

It gets pretty old after a while to hear the left cry and moan about Foxnews. All news agencies have their bias. Liberals just don't like it when the bias is against their party line.
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:18 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4557 wrote:
I could list many news agency that are influenced by the left as much as Foxnews leans right.

It gets pretty old after a while to hear the left cry and moan about Foxnews. All news agencies have their bias. Liberals just don't like it when the bias is against their party line.

It's not the bias. IT's the willingness to spread propaganda from checks from the government. That's not a news source...that's not a news agency.

Media Matters - In 2001, Armstrong Williams criticized aspect of plan he was later paid to promote

Armstrong Williams - Media Matters

AlterNet: MediaCulture: The Conservative Marketing Machine

Each and every time FOX news sold his canned message as news...this to please the government.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:32 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4552 wrote:
How did you get that from the topic question and my answer? The question is will republicans keep their control in the Congress? Nope. Look at the polls and the economy and the disastifaction ( I KNOW I spelled that wrong) and you pretty see the face of the future on you.
Quote:
How did you get that from the topic question and my answer?

By reading between the lines.
Quote:
The question is will republicans keep their control in the Congress? Nope.

Got a buck that says your wrong. Just like you were wrong in 04'. You guys were gonna win it back then too?
Quote:
Nope. Look at the polls and the economy and the disastifaction

I rest my case.
Quote:
and you pretty see the face of the future on you.
Got a buck says i'll have a smile after november?
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:45 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4579 wrote:
By reading between the lines.

Got a buck that says your wrong. Just like you were wrong in 04'. You guys were gonna win it back then too?

I rest my case.
Got a buck says i'll have a smile after november?

Honey, if Republicans win in November, you won't own a buck. Not only that, you may be transferred to Mexico because the North AMerican Union needs you there.

Again...just talk and no fact...sad enough...wrong enough/long enough...got cher number...drnaline...:beat:
Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 05:11 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4588 wrote:
Honey, if Republicans win in November, you won't own a buck. Not only that, you may be transferred to Mexico because the North AMerican Union needs you there.

Again...just talk and no fact...sad enough...wrong enough/long enough...got cher number...drnaline...:beat:
So you don't wanna wager? Sounds like an easy buck for you?
Quote:
Not only that, you may be transferred to Mexico because the North AMerican Union needs you there.
I think there gonna need you there too. When are we leaving?
Quote:
Again...just talk and no fact...sad enough...wrong enough/long enough...got cher number...drnaline

How intellectual of you, come up with that all by yourself?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 07:26 pm
@Brent cv,
I know it is rightfully considered a joke the prank that Michael Moore has been playing(ficus for congress), but i believe in a manner he has aproached the subject of what is the republican party really doing for the american people? Not being american myself I cannot in good conscience answear this question, but I was hoping maybe somebody on this site could.