RexRed

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:13 am
@tracybuff,
tracybuff wrote:

He is rght. Rex I completely agree with you. Look at the stars, how do you think they have stayed looking the way they have? By eating? I seriously dont think so. Drew Barry Moore lost 20lbs from not eating in 2 weeks because of a tongue ring and have been keeping it off. Kirsty Allen has done the same. Look at this new HCG diet that comes from your acclaimed doctors, it only recommends consuming 500 calories a day. Do you really think people are loosing the weight because of the HCG...Guess again. I bet if Rex was a MD and had some title to his name you ignoramous would be more compelled or inclined to listen. In any case, I can attest to what he is saying because I have seen it done and tried it myself and everytime I resumed eating my six meals a day and exercising consequetively (doing it "the right way") I gain weight. Who is to say which way is right or wrong. I saw do what works for you. Besides, eating six small meals would probably work in a country where you know the food is naturally grown and produced, but in our country where everything is filled with preservatives it would probably do your bodies some good to give it a break and starve it from all the pestisides etc.
Rex thank you, you have reminded me of what has worked for me for years and not what I am doing now. I have a wedding in September and will also be turning 33 maybe this will be the perfect start for me. I will keep you posted on my progress. Currently 215, hoping to be 170 by then.
I swear by it thanks for your comment. If you stick to one to two meals a day you WILL lose the weight. Also I have had comments that I look healthy. Smile
tracybuff

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 05:16 pm
@RexRed,
Any tips you can offer. Today was my first day and wasnt too bad because i have fasted before. Should I be working out the first week or not.
RexRed

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 11:42 pm
@tracybuff,
Working out is fine you will know if you are overdoing it if you get lead feet. Then it is definitely time to have some fruit or a full meal. Mild headaches are also a sign to eat some fruit or take a nap. Cantaloup, papaya, bananas and honeydew I find are the best. Also strawberries, black berries and blueberries are also very high in antioxidants. You only need a few of them. No sugar, sweeteners or honey on them though.

I usually eat a banana before I work out. You will begin to even look younger.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 12:04 am
Nearly all foods are okay in this diet... Just the obviously bad ones. No soda, added sugar, foods with bad chemicals, drugs and alcohol (including caffeine!) no smoking, As for juices get your liquids from actual fruits instead and stick to water. Chocolate has caffeine also and of course no candy at all. All these chemicals deplete your body very quicken of vital nutrients.

If you want something sweet try and find some strawberry preserves sweetened with grape juice I found some at Trader Joes. Also they have a great crunchy peanut butter with no hydrolyzed oils ingredients... ONLY peanuts.

Other than that when you do eat eat good and satisfying stuff. Diet is really not a good word for this because you are only cutting out obviously unhealthy things and cutting out overeating. Diets usually try and restrict basic foods where variety is left completely in tact with this diet.

If anyone wants to list some more of the don't here please contribute.

Just remember one day a week to feast is also permitted on this diet just be sure to get right back into the routine. Smile

And take your vitamins!

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 01:47 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43495738/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 02:53 pm
http://greenpastures-australia.nourished.com.au/why-fermented-cod-liver-oil/
0 Replies

tracybuff

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 03:07 pm
I also find that watermelon is filling and the banana helps alot in the evening after my run. I have a lot more energy when I work out in the evening than in the mornings and the hunger isn't as bad either. So far im down from 215 to 210, in 6 days. My only concern is that im a runner and im worried my legs will get bulky instead toning down. Im pretty excited I will be going shopping for my dress tomorrow and plan on buying it a few sizes smaller. September is definately looking promising. Im pushing for at least 40lbs wish me luck. Ill keep you posted.
RexRed

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2011 06:47 pm
@tracybuff,
tracybuff wrote:

I also find that watermelon is filling and the banana helps alot in the evening after my run. I have a lot more energy when I work out in the evening than in the mornings and the hunger isn't as bad either. So far im down from 215 to 210, in 6 days. My only concern is that im a runner and im worried my legs will get bulky instead toning down. Im pretty excited I will be going shopping for my dress tomorrow and plan on buying it a few sizes smaller. September is definately looking promising. Im pushing for at least 40lbs wish me luck. Ill keep you posted.
Your legs will not get bulked up from running but they can tone up, they will only really bulk up if you press heavy weights with them.

I am excited too, I just went below the 190lb mark for the first time on over 4 years. Was experiencing a plateau but I just really stuck to the diet and ate only one tiny meal a couple days, weighed myself and the plateau was gone and the weight too. YAY!!!!

I am starting to think that one to two meals a day is what the body likes best even though it gripes a lot about it.

Also careful you don't overdo your supplements, follow the directed dosages unless your doctor finds a deficiency. General physical nutrient panel blood tests are not a bad idea after being on this diet for a while.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 08:00 pm
Still on my diet... I haven't died yet and I feel great! I do find that sleep and this diet are inseparable. Like sleep is tied to bears and hibernation. I will go to bed starving and with slight stomach discomfort and wake up with lots of energy and not hungry one bit. Sleep (or napping) is the best way to stave off hunger for just long enough to break through a plateau.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 10:18 pm
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6064-naturally-decaffeinated-coffee-plant-discovered.html
0 Replies

Fabulousmisses

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 11:50 am
@RexRed,
RexRed,

thanks for the tips! for me its worked, i lost 20 pounds!
RexRed

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:38 am
@Fabulousmisses,
Fabulousmisses wrote:

RexRed,

thanks for the tips! for me its worked, i lost 20 pounds!
Awesome that you have lost weight! I am holding at thirty lbs wish I could get a few more off. Trying to watch the food that slips under the radar. Smile
0 Replies

iKaleiigh

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 12:54 pm
I'm pretty sure this diet isn't a healthy thing for your body. The reason I know this is because I have done this, and I still am. It really does work and it makes me feel great because of all the weight I've dropped. The only bad part about it, is that I'm always sick. I get headaches, terrible stomach pains, I'm always lightheaded and I can get sick to my stomach. But I live through all that. I think it's pretty bad that people can go through all this just to be thin.. But, it makes Me happy. So I'm not going to stop. I'm glad you posted something like this because it's hard to find many people that agree with practically starving yourself and it makes me feel.. less alone? I guess. But that's all I have to say, I think. I just felt the need to respond to this. Thanks,(:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 12:59 pm
http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/19/8397950-dirty-equipment-blamed-for-deadly-outbreak-in-cantaloupe

I posted this because cantaloupe has been one of my main foods on my diet. About 4 mos ago I noticed that the was a very odd fugal like smell on one of the cantaloupes I bought. The fruit was good but it seemed like the skin had been subjected to some sort of foul mess. I did not noticeably get sick, lucky me i guess. Since the scare I have stopped eating cantaloupes. The outer skins of a cantaloupe I have never really noticed till now but the skin texture does seem odd compared to most other fruit. This is perhaps an indication that cantaloupes are good for your skin.

Considering the amount of things that were neglected here in this plant...

Perhaps this is a factory nightmare. Where are the Gordon Ramsay's of the farming industry? And were were the inspectors of these farms? Couldn't the inspectors see the filth here at this farm and have DONE THEIR JOBS to correct this careless negligence? What kind of idiot cannot see that new product was being stored in filthy bins with old rotten product? What kind of inspector overlooks filthy dirty equipment? Maggots anyone?

Inspectors need to be re-evaluated as to their effectiveness and ethical standards! Some lazy government hired fat cat inspector making twice what private workers make needs to lose their job over this one...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 08:17 pm
More on my favorite fruit

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/19/8403525-consumers-couldnt-have-washed-away-cantaloupe-contamination-experts-say
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 02:19 pm
Gotta love the power of the internet Smile

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44990083/ns/health-food_safety/#.TqHTqt6Ik8k
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 12:58 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45038192/ns/health-aging/#.Tq7vF96XudA
0 Replies

bridgesg

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:03 pm
@RexRed,
Now while I agree the starvation diet does work, Really starvation is the only way to lose weight (the only way to lose weight is to take away from a diet), there's nothing you can eat more of and hope to lose weight. What I disagree with is calling it a starvation diet, maybe a fasting diet would be more fitting. My only concern is young uneducated women and men in some way might see this, try it for a day, see the immediate results, and continue to increase the intensity until they develop anorexia. So if you please, out of consideration for the young impressionable people out there, maybe not call it such, and let people you tell about it know that it isn't total starvation, it's simply highly limiting intake and cutting out fattening foods high in sugars etc.
0 Replies

bridgesg

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:07 pm
@RexRed,
Now while I agree the starvation diet does work, Really starvation is the only way to lose weight (the only way to lose weight is to take away from a diet), there's nothing you can eat more of and hope to lose weight. What I disagree with is calling it a starvation diet, maybe a fasting diet would be more fitting. My only concern is young uneducated women and men in some way might see this, try it for a day, see the immediate results, and continue to increase the intensity until they develop anorexia. So if you please, out of consideration for the young impressionable people out there, maybe not call it such, and let people you tell about it know that it isn't total starvation, it's simply highly limiting intake and cutting out fattening foods high in sugars etc. It sounds foolish but I'm not knocking your diet obviously you have your routine and whatnot down, I have just known several people suffering from anorexia nervosa, so maybe tone it down on the word "starvation"
RexRed

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 06:08 pm
@bridgesg,
bridgesg wrote:

Now while I agree the starvation diet does work, Really starvation is the only way to lose weight (the only way to lose weight is to take away from a diet), there's nothing you can eat more of and hope to lose weight. What I disagree with is calling it a starvation diet, maybe a fasting diet would be more fitting. My only concern is young uneducated women and men in some way might see this, try it for a day, see the immediate results, and continue to increase the intensity until they develop anorexia. So if you please, out of consideration for the young impressionable people out there, maybe not call it such, and let people you tell about it know that it isn't total starvation, it's simply highly limiting intake and cutting out fattening foods high in sugars etc. It sounds foolish but I'm not knocking your diet obviously you have your routine and whatnot down, I have just known several people suffering from anorexia nervosa, so maybe tone it down on the word "starvation"

To change and start eating one or two meals a day is the idea a few days a week. Smile starvation

Make sure you are not deficient in other dietary supplements before changing your diet.

If you have a limited diet I say, make it more diverse but lower intake.
0 Replies