Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 03:08 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I will be praying for your success.
Thank You Arella, many nice prayers back at you friend Smile
jespah

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 06:15 am
@RexRed,
Good goin', Rex. What they tell us on SparkPeople (which is free) is to eat a lot of small meals. Kinda keep the tank about 1/4 to 3/4 full at most times, so you don't binge due to starvation and/or make bad choices because you're in a rush because you're so hungry. Definitely makes it easier to do this when you're not feeling like all you're doing is punishing yourself. After all, we have to live with ourselves. Constant food punishment is, well, it's abhorrent.
RexRed

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 06:54 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Good goin', Rex. What they tell us on SparkPeople (which is free) is to eat a lot of small meals. Kinda keep the tank about 1/4 to 3/4 full at most times, so you don't binge due to starvation and/or make bad choices because you're in a rush because you're so hungry. Definitely makes it easier to do this when you're not feeling like all you're doing is punishing yourself. After all, we have to live with ourselves. Constant food punishment is, well, it's abhorrent.
Hmm I have been gravitating toward the small meal thing, a little bit of hunger here and there, but as you say, keeping something in the tank can ward off a binge, very true. Been finding that out since I started this diet.

Mainly keeping my portions small and not going back for seconds is the major rule so far. Smile

0 Replies

veronicastclair86

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 10:52 pm
@RexRed,
I want to do this diet... I am 5'9 and 145 pounds and I want to be 130 pounds. (That is what I weighed before). I also want to work out while I do this diet... I am starting tomorrow and I don't want to pass out while running.... What kinds of food can I eat....Do I only eat once a day everyday? No liquor! Not even vodka? LOL...Any advive...Thanks.
RexRed

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 01:39 am
@veronicastclair86,
veronicastclair86 wrote:

I want to do this diet... I am 5'9 and 145 pounds and I want to be 130 pounds. (That is what I weighed before). I also want to work out while I do this diet... I am starting tomorrow and I don't want to pass out while running.... What kinds of food can I eat....Do I only eat once a day everyday? No liquor! Not even vodka? LOL...Any advive...Thanks.
Eggs are a good energy food and if you work out do yourself a favor and eat at least two meals per day. One meal is the ideal but the reality is at least two meals. Alcohol depletes your body of many nutrients and while starving that is a total no no. A gradual lowering of calories over an extended time is probably healthier than this diet. Starvation is both dangerous and hard to maintain over a long period. Be sure to take supplements. I eat red meat like steak and potatoes with a green salad if I am only going to eat one meal a day. Steak is the best form of protein for me and it stays with you a long time.
0 Replies

paulajane86

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 04:06 pm
I just wanted to point out that while food companies own a massive part of this countries market the dieting companies own even more. Most of the info you find on weight loss is supplied by diet companies who want you to use thier products and spend a long time doing it!. While complete starvation is obviously a bad idea, keeping yourself slightly hungry is a definite positive. It has been tested n rats and those who were always hungry lived longer. eat little and often, never get full and move around more (fidgeters tend to be skinnier!)

Fasting diet is good advice.. remeber the adage.. everything in moderation!!
0 Replies

chunky monkey

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:25 am
im gonna try this also..... my bad habit is hardley eating all day then eating alot at night when i have time to actually eat...Sad
Carters

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:56 am
good tips are sharing here friend i am also losing 7 lb weight and try to maintain this progress
0 Replies

Jshanesem

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:46 pm
I have to agree with you I did the same thing eating only handfuls of food throughout the day and lost ALL of my baby weight i actually weighed less than i had prior to pregnancy. Since then i did gain the weight back after falling off and when i began deiting the RIGHT way lmao I haven't shed a single pound ... not everyone can diet the same but starting sunday I'm back on my starvation diet its the ONLY thing that works for me anyway ... I'm naturally athletic so I'm surprised that I couldn't lose the weight the RIGHT way but whatever I'm just sick of this 160+ lbs on my 5'1" frame its not fair and I'm only 22, WTF?
0 Replies

Jshanesem

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 05:51 pm
@chunky monkey,
See I do that now ... and it sucks but try to start fresh on monday or sunday but enjoy yourself now! Remember its mind over matter!
0 Replies

RWW

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 08:09 am
@ossobuco,
I have been on this kind of diet for almost 3 months now and have lost 28 pounds. I have gone from 38" jeans to a 33". I have heard that its not good to do this but from personal experience I know it works when all else fails. I feel a lot better and old clothes fit again. NOTHING else worked for me. I also am able to have an occasional soda or beer with no ill affects. There is also a feeling of getting control of something that is making your life unhappy, which is a awsome side effect. Self esteem and pride goes up, while the weight gose down, but thats just me
RWW

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 08:33 am
@RWW,
Oh yeah, one more benifit is my horrible acid reflux is now almost entirely gone.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 05:22 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

RexRed wrote:

I only had one meal yesterday, two store bought frozen beef and bean burritos...

Alright buddy Smile

Im totally going here.

The above is the reason you are , were, will BE, gaining weight and struggling against the battle of the bulge for a long time.

And no, not all fat people are fat because they listen to their bodies and over eat.

Our NATION is fatter and un healthier then they SHOULD BE because of the chemicals we eat and what is found in foods like you have stated above.

Im going to give the , im not caffeinated enough brief version but I will elaborate if you want, and I can provide trillions of links and tests and this and that and what ever else you need.

Lets start with the MSG that you have consumed.
The very CHEMICAL that msg is is created to, designed to and combined scientifically with other chemicals to
1) trick the pleasure receptors in your brain to make you feel like you are eating better tasting food

2) Reduce the hormones and chemical reactions to food that MAKE YOU feel full

3) its side effects reduce the ability by blocking certain chemicals that make you feel sedated for hours as you SHOULD from something that naturally healthy.

4) is addicting.

The list of what msg does goes on and on. It effects your metabolism by slowing it down, effects the bodys natural lubrication in the colon effecting how well you metabolize stuff.
DUDE. You are eating the problem.

HFCS which I guarantee you was in that burrito some where because I doubt you eat organic, or that you are really chemical conscious.

HFCS makes you retain weight independent of your caloric in take The chemical that HFCS is makes 120 calories of.. lets say a full regular coke, equate to 240 calories of WEIGHT gain. Thats why it is so hard for people to drop weight. They are constantly eating the very things that are stopping their body. HFCS is also addicting.

Losing MORE than 3lbs a week is not dangerous if you are doing so on a chemical free diet. Then you are doing exactly what your body CAN and SHOULD do which is burn and use what it stores. Our bodies are supposed to use up exactly what it gets right away. Fat storage only happens in extreme situations which would be winter time for example. We should naturally be less active, and we will eat heavier fatty foods then. If we were indigenous, this would be heavy fatty meats, nuts, seeds etc. But it would not amount to super extreme forms of weight gain. Just things that take longer to metabolize, causing the body core temp to raise which in turn helps you stay warmer.

But, this is a looooong tangent from me Wink Trust me.

Weight loss is simple.
Stop eating chemicals.
You dont need to exercise
you dont need to count calories watch portions or take drugs.

Research those chemicals you are ingesting. They are not basic safe things by any means and the core reason for your weight issue

I wanted to repost this because Shewolf has really added a much needed angle to the starvation diet and I have learned a lot in the last few months.

What I have learned has to do with EXACTLY what Shewolf says... "CHEMICALS!"

People say chemicals and they think mostly of processed food. What one needs to think about mostly when thinking about chemicals is the liver.

The liver has to handle the bulk load of chemicals we add to our bodies.

If you are obese you have overtaxed you liver to such a degree that it cannot work on the fat sells to metabolize them because it is working on unnecessary chemicals added to your body.

I have been on pain meds for a few years for my back and I have also used alcohol to relieve back pain.

I recently was sent to a new doctor and she told me that my pain meds and alcohol were "eating up" the vitamin D in my body.

This is kinda hard for me to explain but I will try. The liver can only process so many chemicals a day then it simply leaves the rest to collect and toxify your cells. These harmful chemical live on our vitamins and nutrients. So if you are popping all kinds of over the counter and prescription meds, drinking alcohol, caffeinated beverages, lots of sugar and junk foods expect your health to radically decline.

Decline meaning. dry skin, loss of vision, thick calluses on your feet, poor finger nail growth, joint and muscle pain, weight gain, respiratory ailments, nausea and sluggishness disruptive sleep patterns, mental ailments.

These are all sings of a liver that is over taxes by chemicals.

Most people do not realize that caffeine is metabolized in the liver too. It is turned into urea which is the leading known cause of gout. Corn syrup is also turned into urea by the liver and so is ethyl alcohol. So the liver is functioning overtime to chemically alter these chemicals where it cannot then function to do basic daily things like skin, eye, muscle, brain and bone etc. repair.

The presence of these free radical chemicals i.e. alcohol, corn syrup, caffeine on top of prescription meds to cure the ailments caused by these chemicals completely overtax the liver. Most pain relievers are metabolized in the liver also. So, we seek pain relief from chemicals by adding more chemicals?

The best plan is to completely reduce or stop from taking these chemicals and allow the liver to relieve pain naturally by finally being able to use nutrients and vitamins to repair cellular damage. When the liver is busy metabolizing these harmful chemicals it has no time to even repair itself let alone your body as a whole.

An over taxed liver cannot aid your stomach to digest your food so food is continually deposited as fat. People under estimate the liver as being the main work engine in over all physical health and metabolism. Often, by stopping pain medication you can actually stop pain by simply eliminating the added stress that the pain medications put on the liver so that the liver can relieve the pain instead. The liver when not over taxed by chemicals will begin to use the vitamin D C E etc.. and the nutrients from a multivitamin to combat the pain instead.

People talk about absorption of vitamins and minerals. It is not obtained by getting a better multivitamin it is obtained by lessening the overall chemical intake so that the liver can work on other more vital things.

By simply eliminating these unnecessary harmful chemicals i.e. caffeine, ethyl alcohol, corn syrup and to much sugar, over the counter and prescription pain medications that are metabolized in the liver, the body will naturally lose weight on its own (even if you tend to over eat).

You can pump your body full of mega vitamins but if the liver is over taxed by these harmful chemicals it will not repair itself or the body.

So the true irony is that to alleviate pain one needs to stop their pain meds. I am not advocating stopping vital medications that say, lower blood pressure and keep diabetes at bay... DO NOT STOP THESE.

BUT, but stopping these other harmful chemicals once your body is clean from them your liver will begin to work on vital things rather than being constantly over taxed and you will notice a very dramatic change in your health in nearly every category.

To just begin the starvation diet and not address these harmful chemicals and how they affect the all important liver function is a disservice to human health.

If you decide to do the starvation diet make sure you are completely free of caffeine, alcohol, unnecessary meds that only contribute to obesity in the long run. Even three acetaminophen a day, a cup of coffee in the morning, and a couple beers at night are taxing the liver enough to cause poor health and pain rather than relieve it. There are allergy pills also to consider and a number of other things like environmental toxins i.e. smog pollution let alone the chemicals that are added to our food that we are unaware of. Abuse of these chemicals do irreversible harm to both the liver and to other vital organs of the body. The liver is a small organ and consider refining these chemicals and pouring them into a cup then consider they all eventually end up in the liver. Put the liver to work for your body alone and cut out all unnecessary chemicals then decide if you need to go on this diet.

You will probably find that your body will start losing weight all on its own.

The metabolism is set by the liver (and the kidneys). If we over tax these organs we have no metabolism at all even if you exercise and eat right these harmful chemicals will undo all the good you try to do for your body.

You will take vitamins and they will have zero impact if these harmful chemicals are present in your liver.

Thank you Shewolf for your vital insight in to the body's metabolism.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 02:43 pm
correction signs not sings and cells not sells Smile lol
0 Replies

altagracita

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 02:51 pm
if you are some one thinkin about trying this plees dont do it. A couple of years ago i tryd something similir and yes i lost weat fast! but i pade the consequences shortly after. Those head aics you were talking about are from lack of waterr!! NOT and i repeat NOT beacause your head is loosing weat. One of the most serous consequences i had to face was not being able to have children Yes just so youll no by starving your self you can become infertile also your nails start to turn yellow from lack of nutrients your lips darken your skin pigmentation drastically changes you period will become very unperdictable till on day ull never get it again and these are just some of the possible side effects you may get. And i am no doctor i am just a person who has bin a victim of these un realistic diets and who has sufurd all of thees simptoms and others aswell.
Cheeriolover

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 10:03 am
@RexRed,
I'm 18yrs old and I weigh about 9st 4, your starvation diet works great for me as I have very good selfcontrol which is needed for anyone to successfully do this. I'm actually very happy with my body, but I compete in cheer and gymnastics thrice yearly in which you are required to wear very small outfits and be around very naturally skinny girls and so a fortnight before competition I start the starvation diet, lose 1/2 stone, feel great and then happily return to normal eating put the weight back on and continue until the next competition. Fair enough you do have a sincere lack of energy and you do get rather grouchy, but I'm actually quite lazy when it's comes to dieting and I can't afford to do weightwatchers and stuff like that and it is a very slow process, especially when you are not actually that fat. So, yeah, Starvation diet, sounds a bit extreme, but it works xx
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 02:00 am
@altagracita,
altagracita wrote:

if you are some one thinkin about trying this plees dont do it. A couple of years ago i tryd something similir and yes i lost weat fast! but i pade the consequences shortly after. Those head aics you were talking about are from lack of waterr!! NOT and i repeat NOT beacause your head is loosing weat. One of the most serous consequences i had to face was not being able to have children Yes just so youll no by starving your self you can become infertile also your nails start to turn yellow from lack of nutrients your lips darken your skin pigmentation drastically changes you period will become very unperdictable till on day ull never get it again and these are just some of the possible side effects you may get. And i am no doctor i am just a person who has bin a victim of these un realistic diets and who has sufurd all of thees simptoms and others aswell.

Sound like the symptoms of obesity... I never once said stop drinking water.

I drink water all day... Ice water actually, which may impede vitamin D metabolism which needs a certain body temp to be effective. (note)

Obesity will ruin a heart faster than lack of overeating.

One or two meals a day of highly nutritious food never killed no one.

People live long lives on much less.

The brain is mostly fat... fat and water don't really mix that well your logic seems, well, not logical.

Old fat can become toxic, just my opinion.

I am not a Dr. so I am up for as much scrutiny as is necessary to obtain the real picture. I just know that I lose weight when I don't eat. I don't trust my stomach to guide me.

The body can fight hunger but never deprive the body of water, ever.

Water is the nectar of the earth and the aqueous solution of all life.
0 Replies

hatemefat

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Instead of answering questions to topics you do not believe in; why not just start your own blog on how to lose weight? Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. Don't mock others ideas; it worked for them so, why do you care?
0 Replies

nowthinbutwithaprice

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 12:21 pm
I understand what you mean about losing weight at first. It feels great and you feel more confident. Take it from someone who was on the starvation diet for about a year. At first the pounds start to pile off and you say, "Wow. I'm in control. I feel great and look great. This is the best idea ever!" Then in the second year, you realize that your only eating a tiny meal (if that) a day and you've begun to gain. You freak out and ask yourself, "What happened? How am I gaining when I'm not eating more than 600 calories a day?" You continue to gain back all of the weight that you lost, yet your not eating like you used to at that weight: YOU ARE STARVING AND GAINING all at once. After a while you start to have a variety of health problems. I wish I had done the research sooner and listen to what my doctors said. What happens is that at first, you fool your body. And the metabolism take a long time to adjust to your new food intake so you are losing weight like crazy. Then, a year later or even not until 2 years later, your metabolism SLOWS to the pace of a snail because it realizes, "Hey, she's not eating anything. I don't have to work so hard." I have still yet to get my metabolism back to normal. Not only that, but I have developed thyroid problems and cushing's disease and have osteoporosis at age 24. Being thinner was NOT worth this. Please, I urge you to reconsider any long term starvation diet. I am not trying to preach to you. I have just gone through the same thing. I know how hard it is to trade in that amazing feeling you get from losing weight in such a short period of time. I understand if you can accept what I'm saying but I am trying to save you from life long complications.
0 Replies

nowthinbutwithaprice

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 12:41 pm
Sound like the symptoms of obesity... I never once said stop drinking water.

I drink water all day... Ice water actually, which may impede vitamin D metabolism which needs a certain body temp to be effective. (note)

Obesity will ruin a heart faster than lack of overeating.

One or two meals a day of highly nutritious food never killed no one.

In response to:

"People live long lives on much less.

The brain is mostly fat... fat and water don't really mix that well your logic seems, well, not logical.

Old fat can become toxic, just my opinion.

I am not a Dr. so I am up for as much scrutiny as is necessary to obtain the real picture. I just know that I lose weight when I don't eat. I don't trust my stomach to guide me.

The body can fight hunger but never deprive the body of water, ever.

Water is the nectar of the earth and the aqueous solution of all life. "

I understand that you are not a doctor but I want to let you know that the other poster is right. The headaches one experiences are a side effect of starvation. Starvation DOES dehydrate your body, despite drinking enough water. Without fuel, the body cannot properly hydrate itself, ironic seeing as many anorectics and those on starvation diets constantly drink excessive amounts of water. That water they are drinking does no good if they are starving themselves. In addition, long term starvation is just as bad as obesity, if not more so. Therefore, if you are or were obese when you started the starvation diet, you are causing more damage to your heart than someone who is obese simply making smarter choices and realistically cutting down their food intake, combined with excersise. In fact, when on the starvation diet long term, after the body has eaten all the excess fat, it begins to eat away muscle, including your heart!!!! (which obviously is a muscle) At the very least PLEASE DO NOT CUT DOWN TO UNDER 10200 calories a day!!!! If you just cut down the 1060 and begin a daily excersise regimin then within six months you will lose A LOT of weight.
0 Replies