Are You Fed Up Of Us Philiforum Refugees Yet?

failures art

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 10:48 am
@mark noble,
As I stated before: All the introductions are nice, but I think that getting in some good arguments would probably pull the community together better.

In the last week, I think I've been validated in my claim.

A
R
T
mark noble

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 10:51 am
@failures art,
Hi Failures!

I agree. Do you have any argumentative threads in mind? Or do you think that between us all we have maybe worn everything to death?

Thank you Failures, and have a brilliant day.
Mark...
failures art

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 11:01 am
@mark noble,
What I'm talking about is web culture. Even the A2K people I can't find much to agree with share a common web culture here on A2K. After the merger, the people I was previously "different" from, become people I was less different than, relatively speaking. The words, and even the rhythm of conversation between the groups is different. Even new people I read who I agree with, I find have a noticeably different type of "forum decorum" and method.

Conflict drives us to interact at deeper levels. The only obstacle I see is being over familiar with our senses of humor, but on that, I may be projecting.

A
R
T
0 Replies

manored

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 11:04 am
I was from philforum, and the change wasnt as bad as I though it would. I got used to the new layout and I can still discuss stuff like I did before. Its alright =)

But, yes, a lot of people are not anywhere as happy with the after-change situation.

Mark, your exponentially increasing in intensity wishes of eternal everything-of-goodness to everyone are starting to be... too sugarcandyfull, if you know what I mean =)

Another way of putting it would be: "You sound like the doors of Heart of Gold, man!"
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 11:17 am
Was this merger a reversed take-over...
Will our esprit survive the a2k mentality ?

Mr. Green Can I freely use the emoticons ?
Whatever they mean ...

Can I type in colour again ?
Where are my different letter-types ?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 11:24 am
At first I was wondering how the community of A2K would go towards Phil.Forum people, but so far I have just seen a nice worm welcoming from everybody, so no real complains there...people here shown to be smart, engaging, and open to debate with a great sense of humour. There is meaningful information and opinion around coming from the most varied sources. A true pleasure to be part of it now.

See you all soon !
Best Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 11:30 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yeah, we sure are worms!
Nice to see ya Phil Very Happy
wandeljw

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 11:31 am
Website culture is something that requires acclimatization. I am glad many philforum members are staying.

As an example of A2K culture, this is what may happen if you are on the losing end of an exchange:

http://able2know.org/topic/102077-3#post-2816962
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 12:11 pm
@manored,
Hi Manored!

I shall unextend pleasant gestures to anyone whoso chooses.

Do you so choose?

Kind regards!
mark...
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 12:13 pm
@mark noble,
Robert is still working to accommodate the philosophy forum. I think it is too early to judge.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 12:45 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
... I have been asked to ask.

There still appears to be mixed feelings about the recent merger.

Some don't like the enormity of this forum, some don't appreciate the lack of rules, some are unconvinced that any betterment has fallen on either doorstep, some are happy to have the new flood of opinion and ideas.

How do you honestly feel about the merger?

I find it a little curious that "others" have asked you to post this thread. They're not able to ask themselves? You have been designated as their spokesperson?

Personally, I could care less as to who joins us here at A2K. I try to assume that all are good folks and treat them with friendliness and politeness. If I don't like someone, I ignore them and their posts. I do not like conflict myself, so I avoid it.

I'm not personally interested in philosophy, but if a topic line intrigues me, I'll have a look. I may, or may not, post.

I hope you don't mind me making a personal point in regards to yourself, Mark. I know at least one or two others have also made it.

I find this sort of thing at the end of every post you make to be slightly irritating and overdone:
"Have a nice day.
Mark...
"

In all fairness, there are others who do this, and I'm not a fan of that, too. This is directed to everybody who ends their posts like that.

We all know who is writing the post, since the name is at the top of every post. We are not confused.

This habit of wishing all, on every post, "to have a nice day", or whatever, gets real old after a while. This would be okay if you were PMing someone, or writing an email, but doesn't fit in real well in this "post style" of writing.

Trust me, it is irritating to those folks reading it.

Again, don't take this personally. There are others that do the same sort of thing on this forum.

On a positive note, you do create some interesting topics, and I will continue to read them. If you continue to wish all a nice day, I'll do my best to ignore it. I'm kind of hoping that you may listen to some friendly advice though, and cease. Wink
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 12:46 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Yeah, we sure are worms!
Nice to see ya Phil Very Happy

Oops !... Embarrassed
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 12:51 pm
@Reyn,
Hi Reyn!

Do You choose that I unextend my kind gesture to you, my friend?

Mark...
Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:03 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Reyn!

Do You choose that I unextend my kind gesture to you, my friend?

Mark...

Please don't misunderstand. I realize you are only being friendly to all, but as a reader, when you put "Mark", and your salutation on every post, it does become quite repetitive. It detracts from the body of your post message.

Again, you are not the only one that signs off every post with your name. I just thought a friendly word of advice as to the effect it has on the reader, may be helpful.

Carry on...
mark noble

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:10 pm
@Reyn,
ok...

I've started a thread for all those who wish to be excluded.

Some like that I like them enough to wish them a nice, lovely, brilliant, etc day though......
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:12 pm
@Reyn,
them that was philosophy folks but now is just like us, tend to be somewhat more politer than we is

have an ordinary day
joe
Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:16 pm
@djjd62,
I hope no one thought that I was being impolite here. Certainly not my intention.

djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:17 pm
@Reyn,
i don't think so, it's just a different culture basically
GoshisDead

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:36 pm
I'm fed up with me.
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:38 pm
@GoshisDead,
Quote:
I'm fed up with me.