Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:28 am
Why do the religious feel obliged to run around attempting to shove their superstitious lunacy down everyone else's throats? They scare me. They burn people they don't like, you know. Especially the old ones, and i'll be 60 this year.

They're also screaming all the time about truth, and about love. If you don't love their truth, they'll stone you, or burn you, or just run you down with a pick-up truck. It seems like they're angry all the time!

What's up with that ? ! ? ! ?

salima

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Why do the religious feel obliged to run around attempting to shove their superstitious lunacy down everyone else's throats? They scare me. They burn people they don't like, you know. Especially the old ones, and i'll be 60 this year.

They're also screaming all the time about truth, and about love. If you don't love their truth, they'll stone you, or burn you, or just run you down with a pick-up truck. It seems like they're angry all the time!

maybe not ALL the religious-you mean the fundamentalists, right? those guys who were supporting george B? yep, they scare me.
Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:41 am
(Pssst . . . Satire, Boss, think satire . . . )
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:42 am
@Setanta,
clowns scare me.
boomerang

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:57 am
Setanta scares me.

And if doesn't scare you too, I've got a rock and a match at the ready.

So there.
A Lyn Fei

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:50 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. But what you're saying is historically accurate, so I will give a serious answer.
The anger they are prone to is due to a lack of being able to prove what they live for. I have two close friends who continually tell me that if I don't let Jesus into my heart I will burn eternally in Hell upon my death. I am touched that they care for my soul, but then I ask them why it is that they won't burn with me as I know they both sin regularly. Apparently God forgives them regularly.
The point is that they get angry firstly, because emotional people tend to be the ones to look for religion as a means to justify any bad things they do or as a comfort for these angry emotions. Secondly, they are angry because they believe in a God that does not exist and therefore they cannot prove to people like myself that it exists as this means of justifying their horrible actions. My friends, of course, aren't horrible people and I admire their faith. Sometime I even wish I could blindly follow some comforting doctrine, myself. However, this anger is hugely hypocritical and for the life of me I don't understand why people get so emotional in the first place.

God protect me from your followers (on this forum).
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:56 am
geez, set, you're still in your fifties? damned kid. I'd have thought you'd have needed at least 15 more years, maybe 20, to get so crotchety (I agree with you, tho)
Francis

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:59 am
Setanta wrote:
Why is the god squad so scary?

Because their god is a dangerous lunatic, prone to kill, destroy, burn, crash, drown all those that don't follow his will..

Remember that if you have only one testicle, you cannot enter his house..
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
Some people must work hard at being an old fart.To set, its congenital.
I be 60 this year in DEC. Are you older than me?

That way when people ask. Hown the livin hell does set know all that **** about history and I can say."Well, hes just older"
Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:09 pm
@farmerman,
Older by a month . . . but more mature by decades . . . you young fart . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:25 pm
Kids, all of ya. Well, my blood is congealed and my brain is farting along on quarter rations, so I will mosey along for now.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:23 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Why do the religious feel obliged to run around attempting to shove their superstitious lunacy down everyone else's throats?

Misery loves company?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:28 pm
@rosborne979,
Not all do. Back when I was a catholic, proselytizing was not pushed, at least in daily life, although there was a heavy interest in supporting catholic missionaries to foreign lands. I take the routine daily life type pushing as a fundamentalist christian behavior, and am not sure that all of those sects do it either.
Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:28 pm
Hehehehehehehehe . . .
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:33 pm
i didn't think they were so scary, the white dude was a bit of a poser, but peggy lipton was cute and linc was one cool mofo

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:39 pm
@ossobuco,
You just ran with the wrong crowd.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:42 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i didn't think they were so scary, the white dude was a bit of a poser, but peggy lipton was cute and linc was one cool mofo

I remember that show. All three of them went on to star in infomercials.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:45 pm
This thread created a new forum!
http://able2know.org/forum/marry_chai_for_anger_babies/
djjd62

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 01:47 pm
@wandeljw,
http://www.v-r-a.org/ppp/TVGuide/TVGuide_files/Retro_Mod_Squad.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 08:06 pm
@wandeljw,