mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
I'll take that - As an 'I'd rather talk about myself, thanks. Thread-directive is redundant - Cic is pleased...'.

Have a brilliant Everything, Cic - Always.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:45 am
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 11:49 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
I'll take that - As an 'I'd rather talk about myself, thanks. Thread-directive is redundant - Cic is pleased...'.
And your expression about me is about you! LOL BTW, it's easy to ignore my posts. You're the masochist. Keep suffering, idiot!
mark noble

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 05:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
The reason I don't ignore your posts is: You're a nice person - 'Needy' for 'attention', indeed - This thread is topic-specific, though - And you seem to not realise this - Your 'input' is ESSENTIAL - Making it 'relative' might be nice...?

Your 'insults/condemnations' are a defence-mechanism (Ego-based) - I've no ego... futile.

Have an interesting Everything, Cic.
0 Replies

sumdumgui

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 06:59 pm
@neologist,
There is no such thing as empty space. If you remove all physical objects, ie matter from space it still contains energy. The energy level can be anything except zero, or a negative number.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 08:28 pm
@sumdumgui,
Is there such a thing as minus energy?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 02:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
This might help:
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 03:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
If you thought it was confusing, check this too, it will get even more confusing...anyway fault the cat!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 06:03 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Thanks for trying to help, but your link only succeeds in twisting my already simple mind into more pretzels. Drunk You see, I studied Accounting in college, and physics was way beyond my iq level. I can still remember, 2+2=4. A close friend of ours is a physicist, and he authored a book on the subject, and gave us a copy. It all looked like Greek to me! No comprende.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 06:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Since Feynman's famous quote cannot be verified I'll give you Niels Bohr instead:
"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it." The point is, no one truly gets it...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 06:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
That is somewhat of a relief. Thanks for trying to help.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 02:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
My advice would be to put Mark on ignore. He is absolutely no fun at all.
0 Replies

Mrmojo121

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2020 09:05 pm
It’s inconceivable for Us, We, humans, to experience ‘nothing’, or even contemplate what nothing would be like....Nothing comes from the ‘existence’ of nothing....
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:39 pm
@Mrmojo121,
The obscure coinage "nothing" is self-contradictory. Nothing is nothing at all.
The very concept denies itself. We must understand that the linguistic usage of the term was always relativistic and metaphorical. Stuff like "What are you thinking about?" And people often say nothing, but they mean nothing important. Or "there is nothing in the freezer" but people mean there is nothing that we can eat, of course, there are air and water vapor in the freezer.
In space, there is vacuum negative energy and virtual pairs of particles...and even if there wasn't anything in space Space has at least one property, allowing motion through it, again not nothing.
The extrapolation of the relativistic concept to an absolute renders the concept of Nothingness self-refuting and paradoxical.
The pseudo question "Why is there something rather than nothing?" is an embarrassment to Science and Philosophy.

Post Scriptum - And this is important because it is a perfectly good example of why good Philosophy (there is a lot of bad Philosophy out there but that's another topic) is paramount to good Science and make sense Cosmology.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 02:02 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
An interesting question that follows but in Philosophy of Mathematics or even Physics is what is the nature of the number Zero? Well in my own humble view "Zero" means balance between opposing equal forces, again not nothing!
mark noble

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2020 08:07 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil...
When they 'get it' they'll be awakened.
They'll correlate the correlatable (New word Smile) and conclude their inconclusions, maybe...?
It's all good - Enjoy the journey.
mark noble

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 11:00 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
That is my estimation of '0' also.
'Zero' is NOT "NOTHING" It is the medium that seperates 'Everything' from its opposing value/s.

How can 'NOTHING' be measured by 'SOMETHING'?

It's understandable that physical embodiments perceive physical limitations.
And - You're Awesome! Fil.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 01:35 am
@mark noble,
"They" are not interested in changing their mind...to old, to comfy, set in their own mental habits. It is expected and understandable. We all walk in some greater or lesser degree through our own perceptive illusions and make do with what we got from it. We better make peace with our limitations and be done with it. Life is just a movie and I don't mind the ticket ride that I got.

Have a lovely day Mark!
mark noble

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:12 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
'I see myself, in Every Strangers' Eyes' - 'Roger Waters'...

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 07:09 am
Sometimes the space between the notes is as, or more, important than the notes before and after.

I kipped that from a music teacher.