mark noble

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 07:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Some folk are so focused on their (Prespription-based) destination - They fail to appreciate the journey.
For those - Whose desires end 'unfulfilled' - Their 'journey' remains 'secondary' to purpose/being.

Live EVERY 'Moment' as if it were your 'Last' - Or Not...
EVERY Journey MUST be 'taken', nonetheless.
Make of it what you will - It ALL Matters - Or Not..

Have a Lovely Day, Leadfoot.
And all it took for me to like (entangle with) you - Was a (FAKE) Global Pandemic!
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 03:14 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
EVERY Journey MUST be 'taken', nonetheless.

Spent a lot of life hoping that wasn’t true, but as it turns out it is. In my experience anyway.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 05:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
What future plans do you have for any journey?
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 08:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What future plans do you have for any journey?

That’s kind of what I meant. I used to think I could plan this journey, that I knew the path to where I wanted to go, and that I could avoid any major catastrophe along the way. I assumed it would be much like how you describe your life, that I would have a great career, a family, travel the world and have it all blend happily together until I arrived at the destination in life I believed possible.
I thought that each step along the way would build upon the the last one and get easier all the time as I neared the golden years of my retirement and my final destination. That’s how they said it should work. The secular world, and the religious too, agreed that is how it should work.

That’s not how the journey turned out To be though. As long as I stayed focused on the destination I was aiming for, It took me through every disaster, disillusionment and disappointment that I Feared the most. I felt like Sisyphus forever rolling that ******* giant rock up the hill only to have it roll down on the other side.

I tried to see myself in the best possible light, saw myself as strong and able to meet this challenge, that these were merely tests of my resolve and I could be victorious over them. The truth of the matter turned out to be less flattering. My strength turned out to be mere stubbornness and the challenges were just signs telling me that I was off the path. I was a slow learner. I had to take every detour and dead end before I began to wake up.

So now I do much less planning for my journeys and try to pay more attention to the signs.

Sorry, I get carried away with metaphor sometimes. Only journey I’m doing any planning for is the drive to Colorado and finish fixing the airplane I crashed last year. I may never fly it again but it doesn’t feel right to leave it sitting un-airworthy. No certain time, just whenever it gets too hot here.

Happy trails CI

NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 06:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
My life has been hard, but fulfilling. I have learned to rejoice in all circumstances, except one. If Universalism in Christianity is true, I will be a happy camper. I will have to wait until after I die to find out, however.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2020 04:47 am
@NealNealNeal,
Don’t get me wrong, I'm not rejoicing in that one thing any more than God is or will.
It’s just that I promised I would never deny reality if he would tell me why we are here. I will rejoice at that one thing if it turns out I haven’t understood it correctly.
mark noble

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:46 am
@Leadfoot,
Lovely post, Lead.

To coin a phrase - ' Do Not Await the 'Morrow' To Conclude 'Today'.

Have a pleasant Sojourn.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:50 am
@Leadfoot,
I can answer that.

But - Why miss out on answering it yourself?
All it takes is ... Self-Belief.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 01:32 am
@mark noble,
Where does consciousness reside if nothing physical exists? Are you talking about the non physical? Are you speculating that conscious resides in a non physical realm.If this is your train of thought then ok,this may or may not be true.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 04:29 am
@Jasper10,
Well that really nails it down. Or not.
mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 07:31 am
@Jasper10,
Try me with one 'specific' question at a time, please.

Quote - 'Where does consciousness reside' END quote...
By adding - Quote - 'If nothing physical exists?'

You are going from 'A-Z' in One step (Skipping the entire journey).

Why correlate 'consciousness' with 'non-physicality'?

How do you know if 'your' definition of 'consciousness', 'nothing' and/or 'physicality' are even in the vicinity of mine - Let alone anyone elses?

Imagine asking a martian if it believes in God - When it has no concept thereof?
'REALITY' is NOT 'universal'.
And mine is Not yours.

Truly.
Once the halls of Amenti, no longer reside
In the folds of the empty, unseeming divide
shall the essence of ALL, encumbered, preside
Over Everything, withered, Inside

'Zin Uru'
Have a modestly illuminating existence
Jasper10

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:43 am
@mark noble,
Ok.Do you think that consciousness is physical or spiritual?
Jasper10

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:50 am
@Leadfoot,
Hey, it was a difficult question to start with.LOL.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:23 am
@Jasper10,
That's Better.

I don't 'think' it is either - I know it is both - I also know that physicality is a conscious-form of recognition - I also know that in my current, consciously-formed physical embodiment - I am unable to 'know' anything with absolute certainty.

So - Unto me - EVERYTHING is a manifestation of 'Source-consciousness' and 'Source-consciousness' is a manifestation of EVERYTHING.

Good question! It allowed me the conscious recognition of my own truth - And acceptance thereof.

Have a lovely Sojourn
Jasper10

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:43 am
@mark noble,
With all due respect you have contradicted yourself haven’t you?

I don’t “think“ it is either - I know it is both.
I am unable to “know” anything with absolute certainty.

How do you know it is both if you are unable to “know” anything with absolute certainty?

Also,

Source consciousness - How do you relate to source consciousness?
mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 11:07 am
@Jasper10,
You are, again, leaping from A-Z.

This is because you are, again, assuming 'You're' definition of reality is universally accepted.

I'll persevere, because you are polite and Thoth is wise.

So - In your opinion - Define, please: "With", "ALL" and "Due-Respect"?

Have a lovely Sojourn
Jasper10

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 12:00 pm
@mark noble,
I don’t know what you mean? I merely said that you appeared to contradict yourself.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2020 04:48 am
@Jasper10,
So are you going to explain what you mean because I haven’t got a clue what you are going on about? Sorry.
mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 08:01 am
@Jasper10,
I didn't.
Spirituality is physical - Thus the neither of either.

Have a lovely Day
mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 08:04 am
@Jasper10,
I can't - Until you explain what you mean.

Start again, Please.

Have a lovely Day
0 Replies