Jasper10

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 09:54 am
@mark noble,
Spirituality is not physical.
mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 09:59 am
@Jasper10,
Yes it is.

Everything IS - Else you wouldn't be able to perceive it.

Are you saying it is 'Nothing'?

Have a lovely Day
Jasper10

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 11:44 am
@mark noble,
What I am saying is spirit is spirit and physical is physical.They're separate things.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 12:07 pm
@Jasper10,
Are you familiar with doctors claiming to weigh the souls of the r3cently departed.

Gong’s most recent tour was all about everything that has happened and will happen is happening right now.

You don’t hear much of that from country and western singers.
Jasper10

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Hi, sorry, no to your first question, why would they want to do that?

You will have to expand on your second statement a bit.

As for country and western singers, I will have to take your word for it.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 12:54 pm
@Jasper10,
Why do you think?
Jasper10

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:06 pm
@izzythepush,
I don’t think anything because I’m not sure what you mean.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:14 pm
@Jasper10,
If the weight of the deceased is less than that just before they died then the difference must be the soul.

Finding proof of something like that would be important to a lot of people.

One big problem is that other things start departing the body shortly after death.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
...difference must be the soul.

...other things start departing the body shortly after death.

True. It is said that one voids themselves upon expiring.

(I don't know if anybody ever weighed those elements out)
Jasper10

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 01:56 pm
@izzythepush,
No proof will be given as to whether God exists or not.

One needs to accept that one needs saving.

One needs to come into an understanding of why one needs saving.

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:18 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
...difference must be the soul.

...other things start departing the body shortly after death.

True. It is said that one voids themselves upon expiring.

(I don't know if anybody ever weighed those elements out)

Actually, that fact is well known...for an important reason. In the fight game we call it "making weight."

Fighters (and wrestlers) who have to make a weight class for a fight...and miss by a couple of pounds, often have to use "elimination" as a means of making weight.

Amazing how much a good dump and wizz can make when trying to make weight.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 02:19 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

No proof will be given as to whether God exists or not.

One needs to accept that one needs saving.

One needs to come into an understanding of why one needs saving.

So you are asserting that one needs to be saved.

Now that is the kind of thing that bears the burden of proof.

But we both know that you cannot meet that burden...

...so why assert it?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:19 pm
@Jasper10,
You don’t consider proof of the soul important?

If nothing else it would disprove your assertion that the spiritual has no physical mass.
Jasper10

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 03:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I am persuaded that God exists and he doesn’t need to provide evidence to me that he does.The reason I say that no evidence will be given is because there is a reasoning dualistic debate going on in all of us.This internal reasoning debate cancels itself out.Neither side of the debate can provide evidence of the existence or non existence of God.This means one can only initially hope that God exists.As one is only hoping, no burden is on the individual to provide evidence..As the internal debate cancels out, new rules are required because the closing statement is that nothing matters; anything goes; there is no such thing as right or wrong.Right is wrong and wrong is right.I am persuaded that these new rules are the Ten Commandments.I am persuaded that God is Holy/Perfect.I am persuaded that I need to be perfect to enter his presence.I am persuaded that in order for me to enter God’s presence I need to keep the Ten Commandments perfectly.I know I haven't and so will have to accept the potential consequences of not ever being able to enter God’s presence. I am therefore also persuaded that I need to be saved.I am persuaded that Christ took the punishments for my failings when he died on the cross thus enabling me to enter Gods presence.I am persuaded that only God can do this.I am persuaded that I need to trust God and what his word says.I am persuaded that I bear no burden because Christ took my burden away from me.
Albuquerque

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2020 05:05 pm
@Jasper10,
There is a buttload of contradictions with the Incarnated Christian God that simply lack internal logical consistency from the get go. There are problems with the notion of a personal God too, but lets start with the most glaring ones first shall we:

0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 04:13 am
@izzythepush,
In answer to your question.You don’t consider proof of the soul important?

I am persuaded that I have a spirit/body/soul.I experience the battle that goes on within me that insists that I need to provide evidence of the existence or not of God.
I am persuaded that no evidence will be given that confirms either and therefore there is no burden on me to provide any evidence whatsoever.

I am persuaded by what I experience both within and without that God exists.

I am persuaded that I need saving from this wretched body.

I am persuaded that God has explained the reasons why I need saving in his word.

I am persuaded that I should not doubt God.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 05:00 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank, I am persuaded that God exists and he doesn’t need to provide evidence to me that he does.The reason I say that no evidence will be given is because there is a reasoning dualistic debate going on in all of us.This internal reasoning debate cancels itself out.Neither side of the debate can provide evidence of the existence or non existence of God.This means one can only initially hope that God exists.As one is only hoping, no burden is on the individual to provide evidence..As the internal debate cancels out, new rules are required because the closing statement is that nothing matters; anything goes; there is no such thing as right or wrong.Right is wrong and wrong is right.I am persuaded that these new rules are the Ten Commandments.I am persuaded that God is Holy/Perfect.I am persuaded that I need to be perfect to enter his presence.I am persuaded that in order for me to enter God’s presence I need to keep the Ten Commandments perfectly.I know I haven't and so will have to accept the potential consequences of not ever being able to enter God’s presence. I am therefore also persuaded that I need to be saved.I am persuaded that Christ took the punishments for my failings when he died on the cross thus enabling me to enter Gods presence.I am persuaded that only God can do this.I am persuaded that I need to trust God and what his word says.I am persuaded that I bear no burden because Christ took my burden away from me.

Think whatever you want to think. Hope whatever you want to hope. Be persuaded of whatever you want to be persuaded of.

BUT IF YOU ASSERT THAT A GOD EXISTS...

...YOU BEAR THE BURDEN OF PROOF OF THE ASSERTION.

You cannot meet that burden, so the intelligent thing to do would be NOT to assert it. Just leave it at you are persuaded.

Jasper10

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 06:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, we need to agree to disagree and move on.One can be persuaded that God exists without the need for God to provide evidence.The fact is no evidence will be provided either way, anyway poses a bit of a problem for your reasonings.You need to move on from this needing proof thing honestly.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:04 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Frank, we need to agree to disagree and move on.One can be persuaded that God exists without the need for God to provide evidence.

I agree...and have never indicated otherwise. If there is a GOD...there is absolutely no reason for that god to provide evidence that it exists.

Why are you suggesting we have to disagree about something on which we agree.

Quote:
The fact is no evidence will be provided either way, anyway poses a bit of a problem for your reasonings.You need to move on from this needing proof thing honestly.

IF YOU ARE ASSERTING THAT A GOD EXISTS (which is different from personally being persuaded that a god exists)...then a burden of proof for that assertion exists.

You need to move on from avoiding acknowledging that.

HONESTLY.
Jasper10

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2020 07:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
I disagree with you...you disagree with me.Stalemate then.I'm comfortable with that‘s how it works in duality.