Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:53 pm
@mark noble,
Goodnight.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes binary code it is the simplest language in the Universe, all languages can be converted/simplified into binary code...if you wanted to communicate with Aliens one day the right/Universal language to use would be binary code...
0 Replies

Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:54 pm
@mark noble,
Also I am basing this off the Porphyrian Tree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyrian_tree
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:56 pm
@mark noble,
night night Mark ! Wink
0 Replies

Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:16 pm
@mark noble,
To your earlier post, he was a nuclear physicist and has a college degree in physics. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:21 pm
@Logicus,
When the biggest physicists on Earth namely Stephen Hawking's has been called into question world wide because of that particular unfortunate use of the word nothingness are you really up to put your father in the line of philosophical fire ? Think again...
Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:23 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
True. I'm only asking for his opinions. Also, it doesn't matter if a country bumpkin competes with a high-class genius, all it matters are how valid and true their views are.
Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:25 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Although this might not be the best example, and relates more to power, Mao Zedong was a poor countryman, and he took over the whole of China who were ruled by powerful Nationalists. This shows that our smartest people might not always be right.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:26 pm
@Logicus,
Quote:
Also, it doesn't matter if a country bumpkin competes with a high-class genius, all it matters are how valid and true their views are.

Agreed...but don't you think you ought to reason the matter for yourself and with extreme care while getting all the information you can in the way ? Specially when knowing the issue is far more complex then what it seams...you know being a good physicist n being smart is not enough to get it right...this theme is debated for millennia now...if it was easy it would be solved.
Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:30 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Scientific improvement did not progress through extreme caution, and through fear of the not getting the right answer. Scientific improvement progresses through opposing the general opinion on something. Frankly, I don't really care what Stephen Hawkings, or any great physicist has to say unless it helps me get to the Truth.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 11:16 pm
@Logicus,
On the contrary scientific improvement could only come from extreme caution not rushing explanations up, which also doesn't equate to resting your head within a sand hole n giving up...
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 01:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fire was created, frankly, by accident. We observe natural phenomenons, and use it to benefit us. Science isn't always calculating and caution. Gunpowder was created when alchemists wanted to make gold.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 01:41 pm
@Logicus,
Logicus wrote:

Fire was created, frankly, by accident. We observe natural phenomenons, and use it to benefit us. Science isn't always calculating and caution. Gunpowder was created when alchemists wanted to make gold.

Think before you type. To the best of my understanding, neither of those two statements is true. (Not sure about the gunpowder one but that's the first I've heard that claim.)
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 01:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
To the best of "my" understanding,
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:29 pm
@Logicus,
Fire is a natural chemical reaction generally called combustion. It wasn't "created" by accident. Where did you get the tale that gunpowder was discovered by alchemists?
timur

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:35 pm
Logicus wrote:
Gunpowder was created when alchemists wanted to make gold.

I, too, am interested in knowing from where you got this..
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:36 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
History textbook. 4th Grade.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:37 pm
@timur,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Great_Inventions Apologies. Not gold. This elixer thing.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 03:30 pm
@Logicus,
Logicus wrote:

History textbook. 4th Grade.

I assume you're one or two grades beyond that now?