Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:15 pm
@JLNobody,
My sincere condolences for the loss of your friends JLNobody.
...and yes, I also believe that now they have become one with everything in the big cycle where we all belong...
(I take comfort on that every time someone close to me dies.)

Best Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
0 Replies

shiva21

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 03:08 pm
@mark noble,
First we have to clarify what is nothing ? nothing connot create nothing ,to exist it must be something !!
north

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 10:17 pm
@shiva21,
shiva21 wrote:

First we have to clarify what is nothing ? nothing connot create nothing ,to exist it must be something !!

and I have done so on earlier on

nothing has absolutely no aspects of something , other than 1

1) nothing as the posession of something , such as money , nothing in the fridge , etc

2) nothing , as the exact opposite of something , has no space ( no room to become) , dimension ( ability to manifest ) , has no breadth , length or depth , has no movement ( the ability to change form and change position )
0 Replies

zt09

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 07:13 pm
We can define Nothing as something that does not exist. Then nothing does not exist. But does Something exist then?
north

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 09:07 pm
@zt09,
zt09 wrote:

We can define Nothing as something that does not exist. Then nothing does not exist. But does Something exist then?

think about your own question
Fido

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 05:52 am
@north,
Let me... We; cannot define infinites, nothing included...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 08:30 pm
@Fido,
If it is the case that you cannot define infinities why to speak on them ?
That which we cannot define should not even be mentioned...
...Let me tell you that although I dislike Kenneth´s Infinite arrogance I often find myself agreeing with him...unless one has good reason to doubt something, in which case one knows why we don´t know, one should keep quiet...(myself included that is...)

Best wishes for 2011 !
Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2011 09:24 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Let me... We; cannot define infinites, nothing included...

we can though

to be infinite is to look at the essence of energy, matter , space

eliminate either of the three , we eliminate the other two

take out space and neither , energy or matter have a place to manifest

take out matter , then there is no macro world

take out energy , there is no microworld , quantum , which produces the macroworld

so we have something that does something , because it is inherent in that something to have movement

the infinity of nothing does nothing for infinity

I can't give nothing any properties as I can something , which are space , energy and matter

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 02:02 pm
Hi!

So can we conclude that NOTHING is not SOMETHING?

Thanks!
Mark..
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 07:50 pm
@mark noble,
Well Wikipedia does a good job in describing the philosophy of the word 'nothing'. But I think the question is more "What is the in the vaccum of space? Is there something there? Or the space in and inbetwween molecules. What exactly is it? Can it be explained by physics? Let me know if im the wrong path. Is that what the question meant?
Fido

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 12:16 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi!

Thanks!
Mark..
Just the opposite... We act on the belief that something is not nothing...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 12:23 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Well Wikipedia does a good job in describing the philosophy of the word 'nothing'. But I think the question is more "What is the in the vaccum of space? Is there something there? Or the space in and inbetwween molecules. What exactly is it? Can it be explained by physics? Let me know if im the wrong path. Is that what the question meant?

People put a lot of effort into the possible proof or disproof of Ether... To me, if there is such a thing, and I accept that nothing is exactly understandable without it, then it is what you have- excluding matter... A light bulb is a vacuum, but if so, and it transmit light from a filement, then it must be full of ether, but if ether has no mass and no charge, essentially a nutrino without motion, or only slight motion, then nothing could really stop it, certainly not the mass of the earth, or the glass of a lightbulb..

As far as it being explained by physics it rather explains much in physics that otherwise has no explaination, all the force at a distance, like electomagnatism and gravity, and the strong and weak forces... But as a practical matter its effect in any physical equasion is exactly zero... Its weight on either end of any physical scale is the same, so it can be ignored or discarded... That does not mean it does not exist... And if it plays a part in the transmission of energy, it may add an element of instability to massive bodies like black holes that could at some point cause them to fall out as easily as they fall in..
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 01:49 am
@Fido,
In this we are in full agreement...I also think that without something Ether or anything else, a mechanical comprehensive model goes down the drain...
Force at a distance is a very discrete way to say we don´t know what the hell is going on...
0 Replies

G H

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:20 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
In your opinion - does nothing exist, has it ever existed, can it ever exist?

Nonexistence having an existence is a contradiction, like a dead man being alive. A total absence would include not only the dimensions of space and time, but also the absence of constraints and regularities ("laws") preventing events which would be "impossible" under opposite circumstances where such "laws" did reign/exist. Thus, even supposing "nothing" could be the case, it would instantly give rise to the impossibility of something. With "impossible" and "instantly" being figurative since [again] such measurements and prohibitions would be absent along with everything else in the former timelessness and lawlessness (including the temporal classification of "former").
north

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:27 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi!

Thanks!
Mark..

exactly
0 Replies

north

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:29 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

your on the wrong path

look , it is a contradiction to ask whether " nothing exists " outside practicable

nothing is the absence of something ( in the abstract , substance or material of any kind ) or of some thing ( practicable )

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:57 am
@north,
would you say abstract things are nothing ?
Nothing is far less then practical or non-material...
Space obviously as it contains stuff and allows momentum, is not remotely close to fulfil the emptiness of the concept in anyway...or should I say :
...to empty the fullness and foolishness of the concept to is rightful place out of the dictionary... Laughing
zt09

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 02:07 pm
@G H,
Quote:
Nonexistence having an existence is a contradiction, like a dead man being alive.

Quantum physics tell us that the latter is possible at least for a cat.
0 Replies

permoda12345

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 02:04 am
@mark noble,
nothing either comes from to be or not to be .it's in between .
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:19 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

would you say abstract things are nothing ?

yes and no

Quote:
Nothing is far less then practical or non-material...

I have explained the practicality of nothing

such as , nothing in the fridge , bank account , cattle

Quote:
Space obviously as it contains stuff and allows momentum, is not remotely close to fulfil the emptiness of the concept in anyway...or should I say :
...to empty the fullness and foolishness of the concept to is rightful place out of the dictionary... Laughing

emptiness is NOT the same as nothing
0 Replies