Did I burn any bridges in quitting my job?

Nooneleft

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 02:27 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

Ok so like the morning of my quit day, I told my boss to "like me just like she used to." She obviously didn't like hearing me allege that she doesn't like me. She was like, "I do like you personally. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't have called you in." She mentioned she called me in just to give me hours, not necessarily that they got their asses kicked. Then she added that if I'm gonna be paranoid she won't call me in no more. I didn't buy it bc it wasn't about the hours. It was about she kept more distance from me than she used to before I embarrassed her.

Less than 2 hours later, I called in "for my resignation." I said I won't be giving my 2 weeks. Well, before I quit, she didn't ignore me completely. After I quit, she did. I'm 99.9% sure it was bc I failed to appreciate the 2nd chance she gave me and came across as spoiled and ungrateful. People at Wal-Mart had been fired for less than what I did. I just wanna know if I burned any bridge bc if I applied everywhere in town and they all turn me down, would I be able to return to my former employer?
HUH??? WHAT the hell does it matter if your boss likes you or not??? Are you insecure or something? YOU were there there to do your JOB and not be the center of a popularity contest!!
You didn't burn your bridge, you blew it up!!
dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 05:51 pm
@Nooneleft,
I'm sorry? wtf r u talking about?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2013 05:59 pm
@Nooneleft,
It's an old thread, Nooneleft. Easy to miss.

Dirrtydozen is being disingenuous not to realize what you meant, though.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 02:06 pm
I've worked in a retail environment for the past 18 years and most of that in management. Not giving your two week notice at your previous job is a big red flag to future employers. Any potential employee who quit without notice at their previous job starts the interview process with a mark against them. It doesn't automatically mean you won't be offered a position, but it puts the interviewer in an uneasy frame of mind. As the employer it means you cannot expect to get notice from the applicant when/if they decide to quit and it makes you, the applicant, seem very unreliable.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 07:18 am
@Aldistar,
*facepalm*
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2013 09:47 pm
Wow, oh well. Just saw this pop up and didn't notice the date of the original. My bad. lol.
0 Replies