A completed theory of everything!

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 02:12 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
...OK check this to see were I am coming from...its from another thread, but it explains why the reference may not be truly abstract...

I am quoting myself:

Quote:
I have been thinking on this lately, and the answer I got for determinism or indeterminism as turn odder and odder...it may be that both are "true" in a loose sense ! In this "envisionement" still prevails Hard-determinism, as it has the last word, but at least accounts for how indeterminism could be explained away as a phenomena, and accepted for practical purposes...all of this without questioning the Imutability and Eternity of BEING itself...

Lets take Super-string Theory as a base platform but change some things only for the purpose of sustaining the hypothesis : (no harm meant as it is a brilliant and elegant Theory)

1 - Consider that Multiverse is in fact standing still in a 11 dimension film elongated in an Axis of discrete Space/Time were the entire set of possible Universes is perfectly determined or defined to a maximum number, thus covering all possible choices of what there is...(this is the"material" basis of Logic for the purpose) (this could also be considered a mix between Information Theory and Superstring, I guess )

2 - Now consider that the entire set of Universes implies a link between its parts but with a partial barrier (not an ultimate barrier)

3 - Consider that Human beings and all the other conscious possible beings, are somehow aware of they "other selves options" in parallel Universes, (a Meta-Human Conscience) and this, through the complete set of all possible choices they do in each of them, being each world, on a macro level, perfectly determined...and considering on a micro level that the collapse of the wave function is caused from other worlds "interference" in the dialectical process of mutual "observation" from all the set of worlds on each other through the axis of the, in fact "frozen", 11 dimension "Meta-Space/Time...( bear in mind that all dimensions must be linked obviously so this is actually conceivable...)

4 - apply the same idea to objects probabilistic statistical behaviour...

...Are you getting to what I am aiming ?

This is far from finished as this is a radical an very recent idea that I have...but it certainly sounds great, and appeals to me !

(by worlds "observing" each other, I mean Information, on each other actual internal state in all internal possible locations)

Best Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 02:10 PM ----------

This kind of impossible reconciliation, between Determinism and Indeterminism, reminds me of Superstring fight with Supergravity...

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 02:35 PM ----------

...We can in a final step bring all this to a perfect one dimension axis of binary programming data...or is it, a step to far ?
TuringEquivalent

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 02:53 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;146315 wrote:
...OK check this to see were I am coming from...its from another thread, but it explains why the reference may not be truly abstract...

I am quoting myself:

How is this relevant?

I have made the case that there are objects that exist outside of space-time, if they are said to exist at all. They are namely, abstract objects.

I have made the case that it is meaningful to talk of disjointed possible worlds by giving an example from David Lewis.

My first examples refute that
1. It cannot be an object if it is not in space-time.

and

my second example refutes that
2. It is not meaningful to talk of disjointed worlds.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:09 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
from your own source:

Quote:
...The challenge remains, however, to say what underlies this alleged dichotomy. In the absence of such an account, the philosophical significance of the contrast remains uncertain. We may know how to classify things as abstract or concrete by appeal to "intuition". But unless we know what makes for abstractness and concreteness, we cannot know what (if anything) hangs on the classification...
Abstract Objects (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
TuringEquivalent

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;146336 wrote:

My intention for those reference are just to give you the definition of abstract objects. You need to know abstract objects as conceived has the the property of being non-causal, and non-spatial-temporal.

Note that by telling you what about abstract object is, it is completely irrelevant to what underly the distinction between abstract and concrete objects. Knowing what A "is" is a different from why "A is different from B".
The former is definitional, while the latter address the reason for the distinction.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:44 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;146343 wrote:
My intention for those reference are just to give you the definition of abstract objects. You need to know abstract objects as conceived has the the property of being non-causal, and non-spatial-temporal.

Note that by telling you what about abstract object is, it is completely irrelevant to what underly the distinction between abstract and concrete objects. Knowing what A "is" is a different from why "A is different from B".
The former is definitional, while the latter address the reason for the distinction.
TuringEquivalent

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 04:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I appreciate the effort, but I think that almost everyone can tell what abstract or concrete objects are in practical terms...

than you don ` t know at all. "abstract objects" is technical term, and like all technical terms, you need to remember it. There is no intuition when it comes to knowing what is necessary for a meaningful discussion.

Quote:

Are you distracted already?

Let ` s stay on topic. You say, disjointed worlds do not make sense. Eg 1 shows that there are objects that exist outside of space-time, if they exist at all. They are namely abstract objects.

My second example eg2 shows that it is meaningful to talk about disjointed worlds.

Comment on my two examples, or don ` t comment at all.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 10:06 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent;146895 wrote:
Eg 1 shows that there are objects that exist outside of space-time, if they exist at all.

What can I comment if you contradict yourself in the sentence ???

TuringEquivalent;146895 wrote:
My second example eg2 shows that it is meaningful to talk about disjointed worlds.

What do you understand by meaningful, and what do you mean when you say, it shows
TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 10:41 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
What can I comment if you contradict yourself in the sentence ???

How do i contradicted myself? Do i contradict myself by saying if abstract objects exist at all, it has to be outside of space, and time? How so?

Quote:
What do you understand by meaningful, and what do you mean when you say, it shows ???

Let me repeat for 10000 times for you:

The reason why it is meaningful without getting too technical( because you cannot handle it) is that statements involving "necessity", and "possible" can be formulated into a statement involving the quantification of possible worlds use predicate logic involving "All" and " there exist". I gave you the ******* example invoking Al gore, and his election.

Quote:

The first example does not show that abstract objects exist. It shows only that if abstract objects exist. Focus!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 03:04 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Listen Turing I am quite focus, so stop with that please, the point all along was, IF

---------- Post added 04-01-2010 at 04:11 PM ----------

I have no objection to Islands if there is a Sea to linked them, in the case Dimensions make the job !
TuringEquivalent

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 05:46 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:

It is not relevant. The dispute is "Does disjointed worlds make sense". I say "yes", and you say "no". I gave you two examples, and you have yet to comment.

Quote:

The question is not if there are disjointed worlds. There might not be. I only claim that it is not meaningless to talk about objects that exist outside of space-time. Most philosophers talk of abstract objects, and they are purport to be outside of space-time. There is also examples where statements are made true if there are disjointed worlds.

Quote:

This again not relevant, and you yet again are using information you do not know.
According to multiverse levels grouped by Max tagmark. There are 4 multiverse levels. Level 1 is not a disjointed multivers. Level 4 is completely disjointed. It saids that every mathematical equation describes a universe/multiverse. Different universes governed by different fundamental equations cannot be linked, because the linked part is described by an equation is a contradiction in terms.

Quote:
I have no objection to Islands if there is a Sea to linked them, in the case Dimensions make the job !

You are not focus at all. Your job is to show that it is not coherent to maintain that disjointed worlds are possible. I i deny this, and i gave you two examples. You have yet to comment on them.

Here is my prediction. You are not going to give me any argument at all. You are going to repeat how you feel( Ie: disjointed worlds is not possible). I am going to tell you your feeling does not concern me.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 12:09 am
@TuringEquivalent,
Quote:
What Everett does NOT postulate:

At certain magic instances, the world undergoes
some sort of metaphysical "split" into two branches
that subsequently never interact.
This is not only a misrepresentation of the MWI, but
also inconsistent with the Everett postulate, since the
subsequent time evolution could in principle make the
two terms in equation (2) interfere.

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0905/0905.2182v2.pdf

I will, for the purpose of clarifying my background, just point to you that level 3 Multiverse has almost my full support, this regarding that its not far from what I thought on my own, in my quest for some bit of knowledge in all this years... it explains away randomness, aims at Determinism and at a fundamental Ontological conception of Necessity in Reality excluding Nothingness from the picture...more, it goes accordingly with my intuitive first impression on set Theory, thus bringing Potential of Everything into Reality, into existence itself...it makes sense and is frankly interesting...
As a monism defender I love its Unitarianism, its elegance and even its soundness, all good so far, give or take the problem of true infinities, but from that point on, I can only see Chaos and not Order, pure speculation just for the sake of keep going, and at this level I often remind myself, that one must always have present that diversity without cohesion makes no sense
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:19 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
As a monism defender I love its Unitarianism, its elegance and even its soundness, all good so far, give or take the problem of true infinities, but from that point on, I can only see Chaos and not Order, pure speculation just for the sake of keep going, and at this level I often remind myself, that one must always have present that diversity without cohesion makes no sense...

This is your feeling, again. Give me some argument that shows that disjointed worlds are impossible.

Quote:

For the 100000 time. I am not out to prove the existence of disjointed worlds!
I only claim that disjointed worlds are not logically impossible. I gave you two examples, and you have yet to comment on my examples.

Quote:

This is not relevant at all. Focus on the topic. The topic is "disjointed worlds are logically possible". I say "yes", and you say "no".

... and NO, the fundamental laws of this world is not logically necessary, because their denial is not a logical contradiction. Thus, The fundamental laws are not necessary. Your reflection on the nature of "being" is wrong.

Quote:
P.S. : ...Its pointless to insist in any further commentary on the issue up for debate. It has been a long exhausting and unproductive deaf talk, that should have been ended, long time ago...

I am not exhausted.

Quote:

I wish you good luck on whatever might be that is catching your interest or attention, specially when it comes to the part of sharing it with others in a meaningful constructive way. Let that be your hard focus in a Globalized experience of communication !

Quote:
With nothing further, Best Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE

Good bye already? It is still early. We can make it up to a 100.
0 Replies