Time is it moving slower than it was in the young universe?

HexHammer

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 06:43 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;160310 wrote:
Gravity is not like electromagnetism. It is an entirely different force.
I didn't say it's the same, but "acts like" thus share similar propeties, I know very well they'r different and different laws applies.

Uplifter;160310 wrote:
The Magnus effect has very little bearing on the motion of the planets, if any at all. For example how would you describe the Magnus effect in relation to Uranus and Venus?
Lol? ..gas planets? Gas planets and magnus effect acts differently than solid planets.

Uplifter;160310 wrote:
Dark energy is something different. However dark matter is used to describe the missing matter that explains why galaxies spin at the speed they do. There just isn't enough mass in the objects that we can detect.
You are avoiding my point, your previous thesis is invalid, super massive black holes and gravity alone ..along with your vortex does not explain how a galaxy can consist, and not disperse.
Uplifter

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 06:52 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160313 wrote:
I didn't say it's the same, but "acts like" thus share similar propeties, I know very well they'r different and different laws applies.

Electromagnetism is a much larger force than gravity. A lot larger.

HexHammer;160313 wrote:
Lol? ..gas planets? Gas planets and magnus effect acts differently than solid planets.

Venus isn't a gas planet.

HexHammer;160313 wrote:
You are avoiding my point, your previous thesis is invalid, super massive black holes and gravity alone ..along with your vortex does not explain how a galaxy can consist, and not disperse.

No I'm not. You need to think about how a galaxy forms. This can happen in two different ways. Either by small galaxies colliding, or in situ with dark matter.
The dark matter 'apparently' creates the additional mass that explains why a galaxy spins in the way that it does.
In actual fact as a 'spiral' galaxy spins, the stars slowly move in towards the centre of the galaxy.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:00 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;160319 wrote:
Electromagnetism is a much larger force than gravity. A lot larger.
Yes like 10 uplifted in 64 or something, but still the principles are still much similar, how hard is it to understand?

Uplifter;160319 wrote:
Venus isn't a gas planet.
Fine then you explain to me.

Uplifter;160319 wrote:
No I'm not. You need to think about how a galaxy forms. This can happen in two different ways. Either by small galaxies colliding, or in situ with dark matter.
The dark matter 'apparently' creates the additional mass that explains why a galaxy spins in the way that it does.
In actual fact as a 'spiral' galaxy spins, the stars slowly move in towards the centre of the galaxy.
Dark matter has never been proved to exist, it just a filler for the lack of understaning how spiral galaxies doesn't disperse.
JPhil

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:04 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;151243 wrote:
Because time is linked or merged into the force of gravity when in the unspeakable far future when all matter has dispersed from the universe and gravity becomes zero, time must stop

How in the world can time possibly stop, everything is affected by time? Time is the Great Push, it pushes everything along and forces everything into the future.
xris

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:07 am
@JPhil,
JPhil;160324 wrote:
How in the world can time possibly stop, everything is affected by time? Time is the Great Push, it pushes everything along and forces everything into the future.
Alans saying events cause time, time does not cause events. When the last event occurs time will cease to exist.
Uplifter

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:07 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160323 wrote:
Yes like 10 uplifted in 64 or something, but still the principles are still much similar, how hard is it to understand?

Apparently it seems to be quite difficult. Smile
Electromagnetism is different in that we know the particle attraction and how electrical charge is conveyed.
We do not know anything about the particles required for gravitational attraction.

HexHammer;160323 wrote:

I didn't bring up the Magnus effect. I am stating that it has very little, if any, effect on the motion of the planets.

HexHammer;160323 wrote:
Dark matter has never been proved to exist, it just a filler for the lack of understaning how spiral galaxies doesn't disperse.

Yes it does. Just read about the Bullet cluster photos. I posted a link in another thread.
We can see how the gravitational effect of dark matter effects the light passing it.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:28 am
@JPhil,
JPhil;160324 wrote:

God is a movement of people. God is the Mover. Time lack ?:bigsmile:
xris

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:31 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;160335 wrote:
God is a movement of people. God is the Mover. Time lack ?:bigsmile:
Now come on Peps what does that mean? Im going to call you riddler..good avatar for you..:bigsmile:
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:42 am
@xris,
xris;160339 wrote:
Now come on Peps what does that mean? Im going to call you riddler..good avatar for you..:bigsmile:

we all have lack of Time to realize fully our potentio
HexHammer

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:47 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;160327 wrote:
Apparently it seems to be quite difficult. Smile
Electromagnetism is different in that we know the particle attraction and how electrical charge is conveyed.
We do not know anything about the particles required for gravitational attraction.
If I threw an apple or an orange in your face it would still be roughly the same, even though an appe and an orange has diffrente propeties. You stare youself blind at the propeties when it's the endresult that is the essence ..it's still hurts no matter what.

Uplifter;160327 wrote:
I didn't bring up the Magnus effect. I am stating that it has very little, if any, effect on the motion of the planets.
So you have no scientific disproof? Well anyways, my thesis is not backed up by scientific proof, but merely a theory.

Uplifter;160327 wrote:
Yes it does. Just read about the Bullet cluster photos. I posted a link in another thread.
We can see how the gravitational effect of dark matter effects the light passing it.
OMG!! ..WE HAVE A NOBEL PRIZE WINNER!! ..HE HAS SOLVED THE EGNIMA ABOUT DARK MATTER!! ..dude, think you reaches a little too far in your claims.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 07:50 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;160352 wrote:
we all have lack of Time to realize fully our potentio

SPINX
:looking:

Cairo:lol:
0 Replies

Uplifter

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 08:15 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160353 wrote:
If I threw an apple or an orange in your face it would still be roughly the same, even though an appe and an orange has diffrente propeties. You stare youself blind at the propeties when it's the endresult that is the essence ..it's still hurts no matter what.

What has that got to do with the subject?

HexHammer;160353 wrote:
So you have no scientific disproof? Well anyways, my thesis is not backed up by scientific proof, but merely a theory.

And it is an invalid theory based on the observations that have been made.

HexHammer;160353 wrote:
OMG!! ..WE HAVE A NOBEL PRIZE WINNER!! ..HE HAS SOLVED THE EGNIMA ABOUT DARK MATTER!! ..dude, think you reaches a little too far in your claims.

????
You suggested that "Dark matter has never been proved to exist". Quite the contrary; we know that something exists because we can see its effect on light because of its gravity. We just don't know what it is because we can't detect it with our 'baryonic' detectors.

Are you always this rude? For a poster on a philosophy forum, you seem to jump to conclusions very quickly, without thinking about, or understanding, what you are saying or what others have posted.

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 03:17 PM ----------

Dark Matter Exists | Cosmic Variance | Discover Magazine
HexHammer

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 08:40 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;160365 wrote:
You exclusivly see the dissimilarities, and blatantly ignores the similarites.

Uplifter;160365 wrote:
Currently astronomers claims the moon of the earth are 10 meters out of place, explain that, I explain it with magnus effect, but that's just me.

Uplifter;160365 wrote:
????
You suggested that "Dark matter has never been proved to exist". Quite the contrary; we know that something exists because we can see its effect on light because of its gravity. We just don't know what it is because we can't detect it with our 'baryonic' detectors.
The very same guys talks about gravitational lensens, when facts is as you previously claimed that gravity is weak, doesn't that seem quite selfcontradicting?

Uplifter;160365 wrote:
Are you always this rude? For a poster on a philosophy forum, you seem to jump to conclusions very quickly, without thinking about, or understanding, what you are saying or what others have posted.

That's funny, the excat same could I say about you, that's why I lose patience and act overly emotional.
xris

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:05 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;160365 wrote:

????

But be careful, be just as abusive back and he will run to the mods..whinning.
0 Replies

Uplifter

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:43 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160373 wrote:
You exclusivly see the dissimilarities, and blatantly ignores the similarites.

Maybe your analogy was bad??

HexHammer;160373 wrote:
Currently astronomers claims the moon of the earth are 10 meters out of place, explain that, I explain it with magnus effect, but that's just me.

I see you blatantly ignored my question about how the Magnus effect works with relation to Venus and Uranus.

HexHammer;160373 wrote:
The very same guys talks about gravitational lensens, when facts is as you previously claimed that gravity is weak, doesn't that seem quite selfcontradicting?

Not at all. Gravitational lensing is exactly what I was referring to. Gravity is extremely weak, you can defeat the Earths gravity by just picking something up. However when you have objects with enormous masses, such as a galaxy, then you have a lot of gravity. With the combined predicted mass of dark matter we can see that light is moved more than if we only consider the mass of the galaxy.

HexHammer;160373 wrote:
That's funny, the excat same could I say about you, that's why I lose patience and act overly emotional.

Fine, then stop being rude and let's have a civil discussion. I am only trying to help you understand.:bigsmile:
HexHammer

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:49 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;160403 wrote:
Maybe your analogy was bad??
Maybe, but I still belive I stated all things correctly.

Uplifter;160403 wrote:
I see you blatantly ignored my question about how the Magnus effect works with relation to Venus and Uranus.
I did infact answer your question, maybe not satisfyingly.

Uplifter;160403 wrote:
Not at all. Gravitational lensing is exactly what I was referring to. Gravity is extremely weak, you can defeat the Earths gravity by just picking something up. However when you have objects with enormous masses, such as a galaxy, then you have a lot of gravity.
That contradicts the fact that the gravity only accounts for 1/10th of what should hold a galaxy together, as perfectly stated ..gravity is weak.

Many skeptics claim it's the gasses and plasma that will bend the light ...by acting as a lens, not gravity.

Uplifter;160403 wrote:
Fine, then stop being rude and let's have a civil discussion. I am only trying to help you understand.:bigsmile:
Very well, I thank you and appologize my outburst.
Uplifter

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:58 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160407 wrote:

Please could you repeat your answer. I didn't understand it.

HexHammer;160407 wrote:
That contradicts the fact that the gravity only accounts for 1/10th of what should hold a galaxy together, as perfectly stated ..gravity is weak.

From what we currently understand, there is a huge amount of dark matter, many times more than the physical matter we can detect.
HexHammer;160407 wrote:
Many skeptics claim it's the gasses and plasma that will bend the light ...by acting as a lens, not gravity.

The thing is we can predict the movement of light mathematically and then confirm our predictions with observation.
All the matter in galaxies, including gas and plasma, will have a gravitational effect. But not enough for the movement we see.

It is unlikely that only the gas and plasma will have a significant lensing effect, besides this is also mathematically provable.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 10:30 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;160414 wrote:
Please could you repeat your answer. I didn't understand it.
I'm sure it's still there, besides you didn't answer why the moon are 10 meters out of place.

Uplifter;160414 wrote:
From what we currently understand, there is a huge amount of dark matter, many times more than the physical matter we can detect.
They havn't detected dark matter, they have nonly observed the effects of dark matter.

Quote:
These observations provide the strongest evidence yet that most of the matter in the universe is dark
They doesn't state that it proofs dark matter beyond reasonable doubt. It still leaves a chance for other effects that causes the observed phenomena.

Uplifter;160414 wrote:
The thing is we can predict the movement of light mathematically and then confirm our predictions with observation.
All the matter in galaxies, including gas and plasma, will have a gravitational effect. But not enough for the movement we see.
I don't buy that.

Uplifter;160414 wrote:
It is unlikely that only the gas and plasma will have a significant lensing effect, besides this is also mathematically provable.
Then show evidence of disproval, please.
Uplifter

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 10:45 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;160428 wrote:
I'm sure it's still there, besides you didn't answer why the moon are 10 meters out of place.

Here are your replies:-

HexHammer;160428 wrote:

Currently astronomers claims the moon of the earth are 10 meters out of place, explain that, I explain it with magnus effect, but that's just me

Please could you tell me which is your answer.

HexHammer;160428 wrote:
They havn't detected dark matter, they have nonly observed the effects of dark matter.

That is correct. They have measured the effect of something that cannot be detected with our 'baryonic' detectors. However there definitely is something
causing this effect.
HexHammer;160428 wrote:
They doesn't state that it proofs dark matter beyond reasonable doubt. It still leaves a chance for other effects that causes the observed phenomena.

Of course, but that is the nature of science.

HexHammer;160428 wrote:
I don't buy that.

That's your choice as a non-scientist. However it is a fact.

HexHammer;160428 wrote:
Then show evidence of disproval, please.

Maybe I will, but not in this thread. At the moment we are talking about science, not scepticism.

---------- Post added 05-05-2010 at 05:47 PM ----------

HexHammer;160428 wrote:

I find this an interesting question. Especially because we have been measuring the distance from the Earth to the moon and it is growing. So when did they decide it was 10 meters out of place?
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 10:49 am
@Uplifter,
Time does not move, merely streTches:bigsmile:PepI
0 Replies