Time is it moving slower than it was in the young universe?

xris

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 05:37 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;166369 wrote:
XRIS you are absolutely correct there is simply no standard or universal time in the universe, because a person ages faster in higher gravity field, than in a lesser gravity field. Confusing but true just as Mr Albert Einstein theorized :perplexed:
Alan..From that we might say, that gravity is our biggest ally in the aging process. The trouble is, to us our time is always relative. I wonder if time slows? do our thoughts become slower? Do we have longer to ponder? Is an eternity just blink for one and never ending for another? Should we consider the fact that heaven is neither everlasting nor fleeting, time may be of no consequence to our relationship to our experiences. Time is strange, no one can doubt its intriguing. Thanks xris
0 Replies

Uplifter

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 06:59 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;166369 wrote:
XRIS you are absolutely correct there is simply no standard or universal time in the universe, because a person ages faster in higher gravity field, than in a lesser gravity field. Confusing but true just as Mr Albert Einstein theorized :perplexed:

I've been thinking about the statement that "higher gravity speeds up time", for a couple of days. I've also done a few calculations. However I cannot make this ring true.
In my experience, time slows down when affected by a huge gravitational pull, but only to an outside observer.

Do either of you have a link to a site that describes why this happens?
xris

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 07:11 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;166420 wrote:
I've been thinking about the statement that "higher gravity speeds up time", for a couple of days. I've also done a few calculations. However I cannot make this ring true.
In my experience, time slows down when affected by a huge gravitational pull, but only to an outside observer.

I think Alan got it wrong .Relatively you will age slower in a higher gravitational force. That is from a third party. I think I posted a link . Post 199 of this thread...
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 04:53 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;166420 wrote:

Correct only an outside observer would notice that clocks move at different rates in different gravity fields

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
Alan..From that we might say, that gravity is our biggest ally in the aging process. The trouble is, to us our time is always relative. I wonder if time slows? do our thoughts become slower? Do we have longer to ponder? Is an eternity just blink for one and never ending for another? Should we consider the fact that heaven is neither everlasting nor fleeting, time may be of no consequence to our relationship to our experiences. Time is strange, no one can doubt its intriguing. Thanks xris

The person in a lower gravity field would see everything progressing as normal, if he were some how able to observe a a clock or person in a colossal gravity field, these would not move subjectivly for thousands of years, indeed a blink of their eyes might take a billion years as observed by the guy who is aging at a much much faster rate than the guy in the huge gravity field Alan :perplexed: :perplexed: But true xris
0 Replies