Time is it moving slower than it was in the young universe?

xris

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 03:31 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;164634 wrote:
Hi Xris,

I feel, sometimes, that my arguments are irritating to you. I don't intend to avoid your questions. My outlook is simply too broad to easily define.

This is the most polite and adult-based post you have sent me for a while, and I really appreciate it Xris.
I gripe not, Xris. But I instantly perceive frustration, revealing itself, in all its many shapes and sizes.

And all I have Xris, is my opinion - I cannot prove a tot.

Sorry!

Mark...
I understand your opinion and I appreciate your views are different to mine but debating is surely more than making statements about your views, surely? If your views go against what I believe to be acknowledged science , I must enquire and you must confirm why you have come to that conclusion without just repeating your views. Thanks xris.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 06:41 am
@Ali phil,
Ali;164783 wrote:
Wait if time as we know it slowed down how would we know because we must slow down too?
So it would once again seem unchanged?

---------- Post added 05-16-2010 at 02:15 PM ----------

as in how do we observe this?

Hi Ali,

Nice to meet you.
Time does not slow down, it is a constant, and only relevant to that which observes it. I have spent the last 12 hrs working on the (Einstein theory) which seems to indicate that the faster we travel - the slower time moves. I have the answer now - I'm looking for the relevant thread to explain it on. Catch it if you can.

Thank you and journey well.

Mark...
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:10 am
@Ali phil,
Ali;164783 wrote:
Wait if time as we know it slowed down how would we know because we must slow down too?
So it would once again seem unchanged?

---------- Post added 05-16-2010 at 02:15 PM ----------

as in how do we observe this?
You would not notice the difference.

If you went to the moon with watch it would actually show the time as moving faster than an identical one on earth. Both those on the earth or those on the moon would not notice the change as a personal experience. Gravity effects the rate of change and we record change by measuring the time. Time and gravity are inexplicable linked by gravities effect on events. Gravity being one of the weakest forces has more to say than it would ever admit to.

Space travelers will age quicker relatively to their relatives left at home, if they experience negative gravity.
mark noble

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:43 am
@xris,
xris;164901 wrote:
Space travelers will age quicker relatively to their relatives left at home, if they experience negative gravity.

Hi Xris,

I'm not disputing your argument here, only posing a question.

Are you saying you believe- that if we live on the moon, we'll live longer?

And, I agree that the watch in question will function differently, but it is a mechanical appliance, and having physical properties, must conform to relative gravitational forces. It is though, (ONLY), a mechanical indicator. Not time itself.

Thank you, and journey well...

Mark...
xris

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 09:35 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;164915 wrote:
Hi Xris,

I'm not disputing your argument here, only posing a question.

Are you saying you believe- that if we live on the moon, we'll live longer?

And, I agree that the watch in question will function differently, but it is a mechanical appliance, and having physical properties, must conform to relative gravitational forces. It is though, (ONLY), a mechanical indicator. Not time itself.

Thank you, and journey well...

Mark...
Their life on the moon is relative to them. If you had two identical men living identical lives, then the man in the moon should die before his brother on Earth, in respect to each other. His allotted time would run out quicker than his brothers time on Earth. On the dot of threescore years and ten moony would die before earthy only because earthy was not yet threescore and ten. Just dont go to the moon for your hols..xris
0 Replies

Uplifter

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 01:02 am
@xris,
xris;164901 wrote:

In order to experience negative gravity in space, you must first experience gravity.
xris

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:33 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;165619 wrote:
In order to experience negative gravity in space, you must first experience gravity.

Im sorry but you have lost me. I was attempting to exaggerate the fact that time is affected by gravity.
Uplifter

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:40 am
@xris,
xris;165668 wrote:
Im sorry but you have lost me. I was attempting to exaggerate the fact that time is affected by gravity.

I was trying to understand what you meant by "negative gravity".
Or do you mean "less gravity than on Earth"?
xris

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:18 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;165671 wrote:
I was trying to understand what you meant by "negative gravity".
Or do you mean "less gravity than on Earth"?
I think space travellers dont experience any gravity or none of consequence, thats why they float around in their capsules, surely.
Uplifter

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:29 am
@xris,
xris;165682 wrote:
I think space travellers dont experience any gravity or none of consequence, thats why they float around in their capsules, surely.

Yep, which brings us back to my original point about your previous statement:-

Quote:

In the above case, what is "negative gravity"? Or, how can a "Space traveller" experience negative gravity?
xris

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 07:03 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;165684 wrote:
Yep, which brings us back to my original point about your previous statement:-

In the above case, what is "negative gravity"? Or, how can a "Space traveller" experience negative gravity?
So what dont you understand. What would you call experience zero gravity in space flight? Your not being pedantic are you?
Uplifter

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 07:26 am
@xris,
xris;165700 wrote:
So what dont you understand. What would you call experience zero gravity in space flight? Your not being pedantic are you?

Well, I hope I'm not being pedantic. I'm certainly not trying to be.

I would call zero gravity, as you have, 'zero gravity', but I don't know what 'negative gravity' is. I thought you had come across a new theory that I hadn't heard yet. That's all.

Sorry xris, I wasn't trying to upset you.
mark noble

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 09:04 am
@Uplifter,
Hello All,

What is negative gravity?

Here's the Einstein "speed of light " theory - proven wrong.

Imagine light as an object, rather than a particle of electromagnetic energy, let's say "cheese". ok - Cheese from the sun takes 8 minutes to reach the earth (travelling at the speed of cheese (CH)). ok? Two lumps of cheese (you and I), let's call them "Cheddar" and "Parmesan", You are cheddar, and I, Parmesan. Cheddar can travel 8 times faster than parmesan. So - Cheddar and Parmesan leave the sun's surface at the same time, heading for earth, (80,000,000miles away), I know it's 93,000,000miles away, but 80,000,000 Rounds it off nicely. Cheddar and Parmesan each wear a watch, set at 10pm. Cheddar reaches the earth, travelling at 8 times the speed of cheese, at exactly 10:01pm - Parmesan has 70,000,000 miles to travel, and is 7 minutes behind Cheddar, watch reads 10:01pm. Parmesan is not younger than Cheddar, only further away from the earth. And even though 7 more minutes will elapse before parmesan catches up to cheddar - Cheddar will age by 7 minutes while waiting. When they meet, the time on both their watches will read 10:08pm. This proves beyond any doubt:

It doesn't matter how many times faster than the speed of cheese, other cheeses travel, The heat from the surface of the sun doesn't melt them.

Thank you, and live magnificently.

Mark...
Uplifter

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:44 am
@mark noble,
The problem is that you cannot go faster than the speed of cheese!
mark noble

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:49 am
@Uplifter,
Uplifter;165787 wrote:
The problem is that you cannot go faster than the speed of cheese!

Hi Uplifter,

I disagree. Einsteins "lost " formula E= mCH^2+1, proves this.

Thank you, and have a great day!!!

Mark...
Uplifter

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:55 am
@mark noble,
Ahh....

That must have been why they invented the "Cheesestrings" theory. :bigsmile:
xris

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 11:24 am
@Uplifter,
Im sorry you two but I'm cheesed of with the misrepresentation of Edams theory of relative cheese rolling properties. Everyone knows that full fat cheeses age quicker than soft cheeses, so your faster than light fondues are inconsistent. I beg you to reconsider on firmer terms than fromage formulations.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 03:06 am
@xris,
xris;164901 wrote:
You would not notice the difference.

If you went to the moon with watch it would actually show the time as moving faster than an identical one on earth. Both those on the earth or those on the moon would not notice the change as a personal experience. Gravity effects the rate of change and we record change by measuring the time. Time and gravity are inexplicable linked by gravities effect on events. Gravity being one of the weakest forces has more to say than it would ever admit to.

Hi xris,

You were wrong about space travelers, they would age slower in the high gravity field of their very fast spaceship, compared to people on earth with the much lower gravity field of planet earth Smile
xris

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 03:38 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;166342 wrote:
Hi xris,

You were wrong about space travelers, they would age slower in the high gravity field of their very fast spaceship, compared to people on earth with the much lower gravity field of planet earth Smile
Hi Alan I think you misread my post.
My space travellers experienced zero gravity and were traveling at a reasonable speed. So I think they aged quicker in respect to their earthling relatives. Thanks xris..
Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 05:20 am
@xris,
xris;166350 wrote:
Hi Alan I think you misread my post.
My space travellers experienced zero gravity and were traveling at a reasonable speed. So I think they aged quicker in respect to their earthling relatives. Thanks xris..

XRIS you are absolutely correct there is simply no standard or universal time in the universe, because a person ages faster in higher gravity field, than in a lesser gravity field. Confusing but true just as Mr Albert Einstein theorized :perplexed: