Where are you from?

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 11:42 am
I've always thought Arkansas was really a bastardization of Ur-Kansas. Like, you know, they could eventually evolve into Kansas and play some really rockin' ballads.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 12:54 pm
Born in the West of the UK, have lived in the North East twice, midlands twice, London for around 8 years and now reside in the South East in an idyllic setting on the South East Coast

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:6NkSZcsWAacC:homepages.tesco.net/~colin.george/cliffs6.gif
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:48 pm
Born in Sydney

Eddicated in Sydneeee (but not too well!). (with a swing by country New South Wales, to pick up another bit of paper!)

Live in Sydney now!

Shheeeeesh - no sense of adventure!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 05:40 pm
Born in Kingston, Ontario, Canada - where the St. Lawrence River meets Lake Ontario (the furthest east of the Great Lakes). Lived there til I was 18. Moved to Waterloo, Ontario to go to university. I do not recommend Waterloo (or any other town/city in South-Western Ontario) as a good place to live. Lived and worked in Thunder Bay, Ontario for a while. It's up at the north-west corner of Lake Superior - about a 20+ hour drive to Kingston. Back to Waterloo to finish uni. Worked and lived in Toronto, Ontario (at the west end of Lake Ontario) for about a decade. Moved to Sudbury, Ontario to work for a while. Sudbury's in the north-east of the province. Pretty place, but you wouldn't want to live there. And baaaaack to Toronto for the past 8 or so years. I love Toronto. A lot.

I've lived all around this province (it's bigger than a lot of European countries). I think I should run for premier.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 05:41 pm
I live in Dubuque, Iowa not more than 1/2 mile from where I was born. It's a beautiful place.

http://www.fourmounds.com/images/spread.jpg
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:00 pm
born and mostly raised in waihee, maui. lived for some time on oahu. also lived at ft. carson colorado, ft. ord, salinas, monterey, san mateo, and santa rosa california.

thanks to the military i've been to a number of other places.

currently reside in dededo, guam.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:24 pm
Born in Massachusetts, moved to New Brunswick, Canada for a few years when I was little, moved back to Massachusetts for what I consider an eternity, and then back to New Brunswick, Canada 3 1/2 years years ago where I will spend the rest of my life.
0 Replies

Crazy

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:38 pm
Born and raised just outside Boston Mass.U.S.A
Deported about 10 years ago to have the best neighbors I ever had ,48 head of cattle on one side,
5 horses on the other ,2 groundhogs in back and
the nearest person is at least 750 feet away here in New Brunswick Canada.
P.S. Ehbeth for Prime Minister of Canada
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:40 pm
It's nice with the pics.

I was born in Mexico City:

http://www.si-mexico.com/city_activities/mexico_city/Centro-Historico.jpg

Studied at UNAM, the National University:

http://www.si-mexico.com/city_activities/mexico_city/UNAM.jpg

Then studied and lived in Modena, Emilia Romagna, Northern Italy:

http://www.romanica.it/images/modena.jpg

Lived and worked at Culiacán, Sinaloa, Northwest Mexico:

http://www.sinaloa-travel.com/zonas/culiacan.jpg

And back to Mexico City:

http://www.real-turismo.com/images/df.jpg
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 07:40 pm
I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, and subsequently moved to Columbus, Upper Arlington, to be exact, which Setanta might know a thing or two about, also in Ohio, and then to Chicago, Illinois, and then to Durham, North Carolina, where the family currently resides, alongside the fine campus of Duke University, and I currently live in New York, NY, where my school is located (assuming, of course, this damn rainy weather doesn't wash us all back out to sea. . .)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 08:42 pm
I've been to Upper Arlington!
It's not as far from Mudsock as I would have expected.

Really.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 08:58 pm
born in dorchester ma at st margaret's (the baby factory) which is now a rest home or something. 2 yrs there then off to the west a few miles to watertown.
13 yrs there then off by myself to provincetown for the warm months and cambridge, boston, nyc in the winter's untill i settlled down in eastham on the outer cape.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:18 pm
LOL. . . I dunno, beth. . . kinda felt like something muddy, well, sh*tty to us. . . :-)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:22 pm
http://phoenix.about.com/library/graphics/saguaro10.jpg

I was born in California during the second world war, then moved to Tucson, Arizona.
The desert around Tucson is the prettiest in Arizona, as far as I'm concerned.

Lived in Missouri, then Connecticut for 27 years. I now live in Denver, with a view of the Rocky Mountains from my living room window.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:25 pm
Born In: Sharon Pennsylvania, USA

Lived In: Sharon Pennsylvania, USA(1975-1978(?), 1981-1984(two different houses).

Farrell Pennsylvania, USA (1984-2001)

Camp Hill Pennsylvania, USA (2001-Present)

Academic Internships:
Nashua New Hampshire, 1996
Elmira New York, 1998

College:
Rochester Institute Of Technology, Rochester
New York, 1993-1998
Youngstown State University, Youngstown Ohio,
1998-2000
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:32 pm
I love all the photos, especially Fbaezer's. Was that Mexico City picture in the zona rosa? Annnnd, the little trattoria I had my dish of ossobuco was surely in that picture of Modena.... Trattoria da Omer, if that rings a bell.

I can't add pictures just yet. It turned out that it was my scanner software fouling up my computer. Getting a new scanner in the next week.

I was born in Los Angeles, California, moved with parents to Dayton, Ohio (Wright Field), Los Angeles, Washington DC, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, when I then stayed put for a long time except for a bit of travel, and now live in Eureka, a victorian seaport town in northern California, near the Oregon border. I'll post some local pictures next week... it's very beautiful here beyond the "redwood curtain".
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:36 pm
I was boin in joisey, but I was raised here in massachusetts about 20 miles West of Boston.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:55 pm
sozobe wrote:
(Setanta, I have some q's for you about Columbus neighborhoods. I'm finding amazing houses for good prices but dunno about the neighborhoods they're in.)

pmme . . . fire away, i'm all misinformation and enthusiasm . . . best (but often priciest) are Upper Arlington, Worthington, Dublin . . . Grandview is not bad, but is the border ground between casual affluence and city grit . . . Westerville (which is east of Cleveland Avenue) is not bad, working to middle class . . . there are some great inner city neighborhoods, none of which, of course, is far from seedy neighborhoods. Of the lot, German Village or Victorian Village would be best. Victorian Village would be very pricey--and would be a stroll to the BIG U (it straddles Neil Avenue, and runs north from "The Short North, west of High Strett, to the west side of campus; basically it runs from Goodale Park to King Avenue, which is much like saying form 1st Avenue to 7th Avenue, except that streets start and stop in Columbus at whim--clear, no?)
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:56 pm
Ooh. . . German Village. . . sausage. . . bratwurst. . . memories. . . eeek. . .
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:59 pm
Born in Tripoli, Libya. then to Dahran, Saudi Arabia, then on to Karachi Pakistan. Denver at aged 11 (Massive Culture Shock!). University in Laramie WY., then joined to Army to dress like a shrubbery for a while. Stationed in Karlsruhe, FRG with side trips to Iraq and Somalia.
Then off to Tacoma for 18 months, and out of the Army, another undergraduate degree at the UW in Seattle. Grad school in Baltimore then more grad school and again in CO. Very Happy
0 Replies