Where are you from?

aidan

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 04:28 am
I'll have to look it up on the map.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:14 am
aiden, We do have farmers market days here in Silicon Valley, but it's not generally for meeting friends or family, but to get fresh produce. The prices are really no bargain most of the time, but we buy some stuff anyway - usually fruits.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:30 am
CI - .
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:09 pm
Winter
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:30 pm
Lovely, Aidan.... all three photos..
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 06:51 pm
Good pictures, Aidan. It really has good artistic quality with mood. Wink I love to take sunrise/sunset pictures too!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 12:22 am
Thanks CI and Ossobuco - it's so lovely here, it's almost impossible to take a bad picture, but thanks for your kind words.

CI - have you ever been to Somerset? If you love sunsets - this is the place to see. This past fall and winter, nearly every day - just spectacular. I can't comment on the sunrises - I literally don't think I've seen one yet - not an early riser :wink: .
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:49 am
You posted that pretty early, Aidan, it'll be well before sun-up in December!

Coming your way tomorrow - will wave!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 07:53 am
This was a really nice thread, some interesting places here!
0 Replies

djalliance

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 01:08 pm
Can't remember if i posted but anyway, I live in Edinburgh (and have lived a tone of other places to compare).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 02:36 pm
Well, dbsalliance, a BIG WELCOME to you. I believe this is the first post I've seen of yours.

I've not been to Somerset, but have been to Edinburgh.
0 Replies

nice2know

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 12:21 pm
Somerset is an idyllic place to visit. I'm from London, but like nothing more than going for a weekend away with my wife somewhere new. She's not from the UK and hasn't lived here for very long, but we try to take one long weekend away a month and then a holiday abroad (usually at xmas to see her family).

What's everyone's favourite getaway in England? I'm looking to take her away somewhere romantic for Valentine's Day, but not finalised anything yet. Unfortunately, it won't be until the end of Feb as I can't take the 14th or 15th off work, so she'll just have to make do with a meal that night!

I've been looking at the English tourism site and it's an impressive resource. From their current poll on the ideal romantic break I'd probably go for either a cosy cottage or the b&b. I'm not really impressed by 5* hotels. No character imho.
0 Replies