Alien life? -- your take on the subject

New Haven

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 06:03 am
Has any human ever communicated with either a bacterial or fungal spore?

What's the language? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 07:35 am
There is no position in the poll for those who say there is probably life out there, which may or may not be intelligent.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 10:22 am
It's rather interesting to note that numerous people (myself included) seem delighted to publicly document their opinion on a subject, about which there is virtually no defining evidence available!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 11:18 am
So if there are all these aliens wizzing around the universe, why don't we see them?

If 10% of the American population claim to have been abducted, why are the flying saucers not queing up?

We can see into space. Why don't we get any signals from intelligent civilisations out there? When I say see I mean via all the electromagnectic spectrum.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 03:30 pm
Well, say an "emitting" civilization develops - maybe a thousand light-years away - it takes a thousand years for any such emissions to reach us.

As for the "flying saucers" lining up - if Einstein is right, there won't be any - too far to come...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 03:58 pm
NH, Osmosis. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 04:26 pm
aliens???
Aliens aliens aliens..... either all I can picture is ET Laughing
Or, that spaghetti dinner (in the movie) where alot more
than spaghetti came up and out of that poor guy Shocked Shocked
SHEESH! If some aleins WERE to come a visiting - I sure
hope that they would bring with them some digestible form
of intelligence so that we could force feed our political
LEADERS (BEFORE they said; "take me to your leaders")
Can you imagine HOW EMBARRASSING THAT WOULD BE!!!
there appears to be quite a bit lacking in the intelligence
department (well not necessarily the CIA) but just general
IQ kind of intelligence among our "leaders" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Hey maybe they could balance the budget for us, before
taking off again. I find it VERY hard to believe that they
would be coming here - in search of:
a) a viable habitat - we have pretty much crapped up the
one we've been living in already.
b) taking slaves back to do gold digging in another world,
one look at the state of the average
human beings health and they would
probably quarantine the entire planet.
c) another intelligent lifeform to communicate with????
well, THAT is self explanatory.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 07:22 pm
Well, I was all ready to blow this thing wide open ... names, dates, places, receipts and all.

I decided instead to accept the bribe the aliens offered. They're really very reasonable and generous folk.

Uh, well, I think they would be, I meant to say. Like, if there were any ... 'cuz maybe there aren't any .... uh ....

[whisper]not to say that I wouldn't consider a better offer ... do I hear any bids?[/whisper]
Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

timber
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 07:28 pm
What's your poison, Timber?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:30 pm
timber.....you crack me up!

<that was a normal human reaction, to any aliens who happen to be listening.....>
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 06:15 pm
What do you think about the possibility of extra terestrials
Babs, maybe they are so embarrassed about the way they look, you know, little doughboy-like bodies with those bulging eyes. He he, they have an inferiority complex. Oh, God, hope none are listening!

Maybe they are populating other planets. This one looks better every day, if that be the case.

Tex-Star
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 09:39 pm
"if the universe is alive, then where are the aliens?" (Enrico Fermi's paradox)

"UFO's? they're not alien space crafts"

I disagree. I believe they are. It suffices, to entertain the alien possibility for the UFO's, to investigate the reports from military sources - they concur with this. UFO's are certainly not from a terrestrial origin. Discounting wheather balloons and the planet Venus, those mechanical double saucer shaped and lighting fast mechanical engines only await our expansion of conscience to be labelled as what they most probably are: extraterrestrial.

Do not fear ridicule, and you're halfway there.
0 Replies

nelsonn

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 11:01 pm
wolf,

The answer to Fermi's question was given (I think) by Szent-Gyorgi: "They are among us--we call them Hungarians".
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 11:08 pm
I like Michio Kaku's answer best in reference to meeting aliens. He said (something like), "Our immediate reaction is to have a heart attack." Wink c.i.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 06:21 am
I realize that it's an unusual stand to take. But the truth on extraterrestrial life constitutes the greatest change in human ontology, the deepest shift in historical thinking, and the broadest push towards new, scientifically rooted ethics - hence its tremendous philosophical importance. No wonder the established powers do all they can to ridicule the subject, and cover up what leaks out, or control what sips through to the mainstream.

But you better jump on the bandwagon, because this world is changing fast, and the ufological subject is no longer discreditable.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 11:54 am
wolf, as far as I can see people really do think extraterrestrials exist. But, what to do? Set a time each year for "UFO Day?" What's to celebrate?

I figure they (whoever "they" are) don't think we are ready.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 02:37 pm
What to do?

1. Not lie about it.
2. Not put nukes in space.
3. Not hide the clean energy technology on which the extraterrestrial craft function.

The UFO subject is being covered up and ridiculed to conserve the ruling economical system and its reliance on oil (plus the whole global order that accompanies it), and to boost military spending and promote a space weapons grid around the Earth. In short, to satisfy everyone that presently rules the US.

As a source, I would like to urge you to check out the Disclosure Project, in which former government agency employees come out on the UFO subject. The video interviews can be ordered on DVD, but I also found them on sharing networks.
You might listen to Dr. Greer's interview - he claims his scientific team has found the source of the UFO's energy: zero point energy. Hal Puthoff, a former CIA contracter, has studied this thoroughly, and I suspect he is involved in the research. Borderline is that our dependance on oil really is totally unnecessary. Energy abides in the very space that surrounds us, you just have to tap it.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 02:46 pm
wolf, first - welcome aboard, 2nd - don't let Bush find out about them or he will declare WAR!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 03:58 pm
Rest assured that the military-industrial corporations, who put Bush in the White House, have lobbied for a defense shield. Now they've got it.

Since UFO's are circling in our skies, wich in modern history begun around the late 1940's, the USAF was determined to label the visits as intrusions. They could not accept a superlative force. Hence the idea of a planetary weapons grid.

You should read the book by USAF Col. Philip Corso. He is one of many (in the Disclosure Project) who want to make clear that the space weapons are not ment to defend us from the Russians or a 'rogue' state. So your remark that Bush is waging a space war is not as exaggerated as may seem.

It's all so unfortunate that these guys think they can do whatever they want, without democratic consensus. What are we here for except to pay taxes and die on battle fields.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:20 am
Craven didn't say there was no alien life out there he said, "I don't think we will ever contact alien life."

We ARE rather far away from developing means of contact. I do believe, however, some people who have had experiences with strange beings coming into their life.
0 Replies