What is the purpose of life after death ?

Krumple

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 01:52 pm
@aussie mark,
Quote:
Time exists in a material world and yes i have thought about it friend, your not the first to travel this road.Because you cant imagine , because its beyond your comprehension, it does not exist?Lets tell the world, lets tell the angels.

How do you know this? Are you just making it up because it sounds good to you? How do you know that there is a place without time?

Quote:

Can you imagine these other dimensions QM tells us exist? tell me how do they exist in parallel to our existance?

They are just theoretical in their nature. There are tons of things that math can determine but we can't comprehend. I wouldn't say it is absolutely behind our comprehension though, that would be a mistake. We just haven't had the experience to fathom it.

Quote:

Do question science when they inform you of parallel universal existences? do you?

Yes, and even science itself questions it. It is healthy to question, to have skeptical doubt. I don't blindly accept anything. If people just make stuff up because it sounds good to them, then it really isn't any different than me saying you turn into a flying pink elephant after you die. Because that is how absurd making stuff up is...

Quote:

If you have not discovered heaven ,will it cease to exist?

Maybe it never existed to begin with.

Quote:

If i could say such a thing did you hear that tree fall.

Not this nonsensical argument again, please?
Khethil

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 02:00 pm
@xris,
xris;69191 wrote:
Mentioning, that does not suppose that is the experience.I sense a reticence to involve your views and by the partial replies a certain annoyance that you should even consider being involved in such a subject.You appear worn out by the fatigue of debate.If im wrong i applogise but there appears a certain sarcasm in your replies.Thanks xris...

uh... where'd you get that?

Just curious about the experiences of which you speak. Such hostility... I just don't get it
0 Replies

Zetetic11235

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 02:02 pm
@xris,
xris;68600 wrote:
the assumptions are very strategic..sorry but it sounds like gumbley gook..you will have to be it just bit clearer.I could not work out if you required a debate or you where making a statement of fact.

Let me expatiate then: All that I am saying is that when we ask a question, we take certain things for granted automatically. His assumptions are 1)That there is no god and 2) That therefore we should look into the psychological profile of the people who believe in god and an afterlife, as it is unwarranted and fundamentally psychological(see part one, if it is not based in reality, it has got to have some psychological factors).

Those assumptions are strategic because they circumvent discussion about whether god exists and go straight into what the questioner wants to examine without directly bringing up stigmatic points, allowing for extra room for the questioner to move around and shift the debate.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 02:07 pm
@Krumple,
Time exists because we have physical events,if there is no event how do you judge your involvement.
There was a time when there was no time so are you saying we cant imagine a time without time?
Does your imagination fail your wishes or your objections.
Do you need to scratch your arrrrr to know you exist?
Do you want me to aid your disbelief or encourage your optimism?

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Khethil;69198 wrote:
uh... where'd you get that?

Just curious about the experiences of which you speak. Such hostility... I just don't get it
Its a trait of those who oppose the unthinkable,they have no idea of their superior attitude.You did not ask a direct question you presumed and gave a glancing request.I know you are not purposely discounting others views but this constant attack by atheists on anything that in their opinion is "pink elephant" nonsense has a drip drip effect on the benefits of debate.Thanks xris..

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Zetetic11235;69199 wrote:
Let me expatiate then: All that I am saying is that when we ask a question, we take certain things for granted automatically. His assumptions are 1)That there is no god and 2) That therefore we should look into the psychological profile of the people who believe in god and an afterlife, as it is unwarranted and fundamentally psychological(see part one, if it is not based in reality, it has got to have some psychological factors).

Those assumptions are strategic because they circumvent discussion about whether god exists and go straight into what the questioner wants to examine without directly bringing up stigmatic points, allowing for extra room for the questioner to move around and shift the debate.
I have never said i believe in god so assuming i do is your first mistake.Making assumptions without questioning is not my practice.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 02:08 pm
@xris,
xris;69191 wrote:
Mentioning, that does not suppose that is the experience.I sense a reticence to involve your views and by the partial replies a certain annoyance that you should even consider being involved in such a subject.You appear worn out by the fatigue of debate.If im wrong i applogise but there appears a certain sarcasm in your replies.Thanks xris...

Hi guys check out my website if you want to, it really revolves around this topic, I am still building it and hope to put all my work there soon

http://christianmystersim.yolasite.com/

Alan
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 03:18 pm
@xris,
xris;69126 wrote:
Khethil,it may be problem for certain people the thought of that enormous void of death, but for me even though i can and do prescribe to its possibility,i dont fear the possibility of that nothingness.I think many see my belief in the possibility as a security blanket,wishful thinking but not in least.It is either the final adventure or oblivion, either way I wont be disappointed.

Right now at this moment you might might not fear death, but when the grim reaper comes will you still feel the same??
Caroline

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 03:22 pm
@aussie mark,
What is there to fear what will be will be, we onlly fear when we're alive.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 03:47 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;69222 wrote:
What is there to fear what will be will be, we onlly fear when we're alive.

How do you know that you make it as a statement of truth , which it is not

Below is an unedited excerpt of my NDE

The reader might ask the question, "How true is this article". My answer would be that it is subjectively true.

Are they true reflection of some of the mysteries on the other side of life? I cannot say with certainty. The first part of the account relates to what I remembered immediately after the near death experiences. Later on, much more information of the afterlife was remembered by me and I detail them at best I can:-

I am going to attempt to describe my near-death experiences while very ill, brought on by extreme mental illness called mania, which caused me to descend into a near death state. To relate this strange other dimensional realty in a way that one can comprehend in our three dimensional world is an almost impossible task, but I will try my very best to do this. I reiterate that this is an almost impossible task, as one has to try to relate the strange alien multi-dimensions of the other side of life in a way that people who have never had paranormal experiences can understand Firstly

I emphasize that my experiences where atypical in the sense that I had no life reviews. In addition, these experiences brought on by my desire to know the enigma of the origin of evil had much to do with triggering this near death experience. They were experienced between 1990 & 2001. My body was in a near-death state and I entered an altered state of consciousness.

In this state of altered consciousness, my soul, spirit, mind, call it what you will, left my body and I sometimes experienced the typical tunnel of NDEs then. There, I was met by a being of pure light, not a human form, but pure point of composite intelligent bright light, who communicated with me mind to mind, via some form of telepathy. I believe it was Divine or an angel!

It should be noted the reader that an angel is not a Caucasoid white male with large wings, but a being of pure intelligent light energy. It Being of light, explained that the tunnel had two ends. One into the glorious light of God, and the other into the darkness of the evil void or hell. I would like to interject here, to a prime question relating to judgment in the afterlife. "Darkness (evil) cannot invade the light, (one candle dispels the darkness), but light (goodness) can impact into the darkness (evil)."

At first, I was taken up through the tunnel into a place of learning A translucent marble library bathed in glorious light, at the one end of this almost infinitely long dark tunnel. I believe this domain lead to heaven or paradise and I was not allowed go any further into this place. Then taken to a journey into another somewhere dimension, which I will detail later in this account.

One thing I do remember vividly was this wonderful feeling of pure love that an earthly father has for his child, but infinitely greater and Devine. While there, I experienced great feelings of elation, love and peace. Great events that were to come to planet earth, sometime in the future were revealed to me. There was a Being with me all the time that I could not see, but hear. It spoke with a male voice.

I believed it/he was what we mortals refer to as God. I feel the essence of God is, therefore, more fatherly or male that female and from this point on always refer to God in the masculine. While this being was speaking, I could see a panoramic view of planet earth, as if I was a space man observing the earth, all the time, from the window of a space vehicle. The voice that I took as God, was not pleased with what was happening on our planet, and kept referring to humanity in the terms of "mere mortal man, I am displeased with you" (I cannot remember why he was displeased). While this unseen being "God" was speaking, the earth was revolving and stopping at intervals over each continent, in turn, where a warning message was in turn to each continent.

What I can remember was that he was saying to humanity that he was displeased with their evil actions in some way. The frustrating part is that I could not retain all that was said to mere mortal man, by this being, while I was with him viewing the earth. I, however, clearly, remember two warnings. One that two cataclysmic events would start from the Indian subcontinent and the Atlantic oceans respectively. That the middle east crises would not be solved by the peacekeeping efforts of man and that divine direct intervention would eventually come to the earth, sometime in the future, because of the unbelievable evil that some mere men were perpetuating and directly responsible for on earth. (Rape of the planet).

"Katrina and giant earth quake in the Indian ocean causing more than 300 000 deaths by massive tsunami happened as a direct confirmation of the warning I had seen very much prior to these two horrible events happening". God does not judge us, but by our own actions in life, which dictate ones eternal destiny. If all our actions had become evil, by the end of our life, we would become a being of darkness and it would have simply become impossible for us to enter the light of God. (Darkness cannot penetrate the light!). To reach a point so depraved we would have to have become totally evil being (like Hitler), with no redeemable qualities.

The destiny of this type of person, by his own actions, would be eternal banishment down into the deepest darkness of this vast infinitely long evil end of the tunnel, remote from the love of God forever This is referred to by most of the worlds major religions as Hell. There are degrees of punishment in the void or hell. Ranging from a gray depressive atmosphere, progressively down into utter horror, terror, hopelessness, despair and desolation in black darkness. I did not see any lake of fire! I, however, got the clear impression that God will one day thrust all evil away from him into the infinite utter remote darkness of the deep and forget them there forever, where they could perform their awful perversions upon each other forever. Indeed reaping what they had sowed.

They could call out to God for eternity, from this awful place, and never hear from God again. Separated and forgotten by him forever, as a consequence of their own evil actions, while on earth. (Self-inflicted punishment). What an awful horrifying thought! However, enough of this gloom! Not anyone reading this article is destined for the awful place depicted in the last paragraph. It is a fact that all of us do wrong and make mistakes in life!

Nevertheless, in most of us is also light, great love, compassion, caring and consideration for others. Therefore, we all have varying degrees of light in us that will allow us into the glorious light of almighty God in the light- end of the tunnel, at the end of our earthly life. God can work with the light in us, make us pure and allow us to progress up the various levels of heaven into his eternal blissful presence of everlasting peace and joy! It is a progress of eternal learning. Then we become one with God, but retain our precious uniqueness. Getting off the point a bit, I would like to refer to something else that was shown me while on the other side.

Time, as we experience on earth, it is an illusion, something like an infinitely stretchable or shrinkable string of elastic. (Perhaps that is why some days seem to take an eternity to pass and others mere moments)? The end event (end of time) will not come at some set chronological time, but when a certain set of future events happen and synchronize.
xris

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:30 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;69221 wrote:
Right now at this moment you might might not fear death, but when the grim reaper comes will you still feel the same??
Alan i do not fear the consequences of death but only my way of departing.If my courage fails me then i am not alone.I love life, my friends and family, leaving them will be my greatest sorrow but i will not fear the unknown,ever.
0 Replies

Neil D

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:55 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;69227 wrote:

The destiny of this type of person, by his own actions, would be eternal banishment down into the deepest darkness of this vast infinitely long evil end of the tunnel, remote from the love of God forever This is referred to by most of the worlds major religions as Hell. There are degrees of punishment in the void or hell. Ranging from a gray depressive atmosphere, progressively down into utter horror, terror, hopelessness, despair and desolation in black darkness. I did not see any lake of fire! I, however, got the clear impression that God will one day thrust all evil away from him into the infinite utter remote darkness of the deep and forget them there forever, where they could perform their awful perversions upon each other forever. Indeed reaping what they had sowed.

If this God exists, then he would be the all-knowing being that has always existed, before anything else....he created everything, so whatever exists now is because of GOD, as the creator he is responsible. Not I! I did not choose to be born with the personality i have, Hitler did not choose to be evil or good, he was born evil. The decision was made for him...sure, he had free will, but if his soul was evil, then he woud likely be what he is without suppressing it.

I think all personalities come from somewhere, maybe emergence, but probably every personality is a very minute part of this god, whether it be good or evil, god is everything.

it makes sense that one living thing would most likely come from another, and since god was the first. Everything came from it.

I dont believe in a good god, with evil coming from elsewhere, i believe one god is all that.

And creation requires polarity, you cant have a utopia..it wouldnt work. Many fine attributes that exist such as heroism, could not exist without any negative circumstances to bring out these qualities.

I see two polarites such as happy and sad, and i also see all the subtle differences in between. That is the dynamics of creation, and to me it is perfect.

It seems like god is guilty of being a catalyst for evil.
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:58 pm
@aussie mark,
Thank you for describing your experience Alan. Its very refreshing to see someone engage and enlighten others by their own personal experience.

Bravo!
0 Replies

me2lord

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:51 am
@aussie mark,
It is obvious that we are supreme beings in the sense of what is created and lives upon the earth. Humans have the dominance over all things in knowledge and animals in instinct.

We are able to see feel touch and speak and ration things out as we were created this way...

There is One who created all mankind and animals and all things upon the earth, He is not served by human hands, because he needs nothing, because He gives all men life breath and everthing else.

From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

He, God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, becaue He is not far from each one of us. For in Him we have our entire being, our existence and our eternal life to come by resurrection from death unto life at His coming which is near.
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 11:26 am
@aussie mark,
Well as it became obvious that there was no justice here in this life;
it became necessary to create an afterlife where final justice could be acheived.
The alternative that there simply is "no justice" as humans perceive it; raises to many theological problems.
kennethamy

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 11:43 am
@prothero,
prothero;161785 wrote:
it became necessary to create an afterlife where final justice could be acheived.
/QUOTE]

If you are arguing that since the explanation of our belief that there is an afterlife is that there is no justice in this life and that the after life is an invention, that we should conclude that there is no afterlife, and that the afterlife is only an invention of ours, then that would be to commit the genetic fallacy.
prothero

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 07:04 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;161791 wrote:
prothero;161785 wrote:

If you are arguing that since the explanation of our belief that there is an afterlife is that there is no justice in this life and that the after life is an invention, that we should conclude that there is no afterlife, and that the afterlife is only an invention of ours, then that would be to commit the genetic fallacy.
Well human motivations and human behavior are not entirely logical are they? The notion of life after death is not motivated by reason, by logic, by experience or supported by science, it is more about hope isn't it?
HexHammer

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 03:10 pm
@aussie mark,
aussie mark;5354 wrote:
:confused: Can any one explain to the forum why there is supposed to be a life after death and what would the purpose of that life be
Imo it's a mass manipulative induction, to not to make people fustrated with their life, thus not get depressed for living invain and die for nothing. It also servers as an motivational factor for people to self-enforcement, that they know they will be judged upon death, thus they try to keep a more decent presents.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 08:07 am
@aussie mark,
To me the purpose of life is to live life to the full without hurting other people
0 Replies

Night Ripper

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 08:31 am
@aussie mark,
aussie mark;5354 wrote:
:confused: Can any one explain to the forum why there is supposed to be a life after death and what would the purpose of that life be ,

Thank you Very Happy

It's a fantasy to comfort some and to manipulate others.
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 08:38 am
@prothero,
prothero;163175 wrote:
Well human motivations and human behavior are not entirely logical are they? The notion of life after death is not motivated by reason, by logic, by experience or supported by science, it is more about hope isn't it?

I didn't say or suggest that they were logical.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 03:23 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;161791 wrote:
prothero;161785 wrote:
/QUOTE]

Hi Kennethamy, From what I have read about your work it is pretty good.

I was hopeing that you may be able to help me to understand some logic and facts relating to what you have just wrote as I do not know formal logic.
I would like to reword what you wrote and ask if this would be a fact.

The explanation of our belief is, that there is an afterlife and that the afterlife is not an invention of ours, This would not be committing a genetic fallacy.:detective:
0 Replies