The Point In Human Life

Procrustes

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 06:13 am
@dpmartin,
Quote:
If life is given to the believer, then Life is righteous because all men women and children are capable of believing, no other qualification necessary, even to those that believe living is done in vain. And all have the present, or now, to believe.

If life is given to the believer then I would say life is not given. It just happens. Belief isn't the pre cursor for life, just existing or merely being precedes any form of thought. But it is your choice to believe what you want.
Procrustes

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 06:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I don't know, do you want one?
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 07:28 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

Quote:
If life is given to the believer, then Life is righteous because all men women and children are capable of believing, no other qualification necessary, even to those that believe living is done in vain. And all have the present, or now, to believe.

If life is given to the believer then I would say life is not given. It just happens. Belief isn't the pre cursor for life, just existing or merely being precedes any form of thought. But it is your choice to believe what you want.

thanks for the reply

You have a point there, but we might have different views of what life is, which could be a limitation of the English language, but don’t hold me to that.

Can one believe what is not revealed to him by word or deed or observation? And only what he knows is what he knows life is? How can he believe otherwise, unless it is revealed to him? Therefore does he really choose?

On the other hand there are many things heard and seen that can be believed, and how does one know the truth, unless the truth is revealed?

JLNobody

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:39 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes looks like a good existentialist: He informs us that "just existing or merely being precedes any form of thought." (remember the existentialist mantra: Existence Precedes Essense).
How can we deny that existence is a prerequisite for everything? But what is it, pure existence? Is this an answerable--or (not to sound like a logical positivist) meaningful-- question?
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:11 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Procrustes looks like a good existentialist: He informs us that "just existing or merely being precedes any form of thought." (remember the existentialist mantra: Existence Precedes Essense).
How can we deny that existence is a prerequisite for everything? But what is it, pure existence? Is this an answerable--or (not to sound like a logical positivist) meaningful-- question?
To be, Very Happy or not to be, Cool that is the question. Wink
0 Replies

voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:25 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

O.K.. Who's there?
Me Smile
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 05:48 am
@dpmartin,
Quote:
You have a point there, but we might have different views of what life is, which could be a limitation of the English language, but don’t hold me to that.

Can one believe what is not revealed to him by word or deed or observation? And only what he knows is what he knows life is? How can he believe otherwise, unless it is revealed to him? Therefore does he really choose?

On the other hand there are many things heard and seen that can be believed, and how does one know the truth, unless the truth is revealed?

I've met people who believed they recieved the truth from voices unheard by anyone else. I don't think they chose to hear those voices. Whether or not we have a choice in believing something is better left debated in threads on free will. But for the sake of this thread, people can justify life any which way. Lets just remember the point that to justify life means a human must make a claim that life is 'whatever' and anything beyond this is superflous to the point of the original question.
Procrustes

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 05:53 am
@JLNobody,
It depends what you mean by 'pure'. IMO, existence is existence. There is no slicing it up into peices to be analysed. It is the same with the word 'being'. In my mind, they are interchangeable.
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:11 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

Quote:

I've met people who believed they recieved the truth from voices unheard by anyone else. I don't think they chose to hear those voices. Whether or not we have a choice in believing something is better left debated in threads on free will. But for the sake of this thread, people can justify life any which way. Lets just remember the point that to justify life means a human must make a claim that life is 'whatever' and anything beyond this is superflous to the point of the original question.
All of the voices are in your head. Rolling Eyes
Nothing is spoken, Cool
that's not already been said. Wink
Did you get it? Laughing
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:14 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

It depends what you mean by 'pure'. IMO, existence is existence. There is no slicing it up into peices to be analysed. It is the same with the word 'being'. In my mind, they are interchangeable.
Being, Cool in pieces, Wink It's all in your head. Laughing Rolling Eyes
Procrustes

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:15 am
@voiceindarkness,
I wasn't reffering to myself. But really, that's beside the point of this thread...
Procrustes

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:20 am
@voiceindarkness,
I wouldn't say it is 'all' in my head.

Weren't you the guy with the photo of the weed leaf?
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:59 am
You're way over thinking it. Cool
0 Replies

voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 07:01 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

I wasn't reffering to myself. But really, that's beside the point of this thread...
What is the point of this thread? Laughing
0 Replies

voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 07:03 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

Quote:
I wouldn't say it is 'all' in my head.
Then where is it? Rolling Eyes
Quote:

Weren't you the guy with the photo of the weed leaf?
Yup! Cool
Helps me see through the smoke of the mind. Wink
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 09:39 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:

thanks for the reply

It’s really a question of what, or whose will that is fulfilled in the flesh. And the reality of that, is a matter of power to fulfill, of which can bring contention with, or agreement with, that which has the power to fulfill in the flesh. That is the human condition, or the point in human life.

Therefore the will fulfilled is for him who has the power to fulfill his will. Why would one agree to that which is not the fulfillment of his will, since he has the power to fulfill it?

So whose will is fulfilled in the flesh, while one is still in the flesh? And surly that time is now. Not before one is in the flesh, not after one is in the flesh.
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 10:27 am
@dpmartin,
The will of the flesh creates the pleasures of the flesh, Smile for the will of the Spirit to enjoy. Very Happy Matters of the heart. Cool
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 10:34 am
@voiceindarkness,
We've taken their ****, Rolling Eyes
Now we will take their ****. Laughing
It's all some crazy ****. Cool
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 10:38 am
@voiceindarkness,
Do you know the difference between a white man's fairy tail and a black man's fairy tail? Smile
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 07:30 am
@voiceindarkness,
voiceindarkness wrote:

The will of the flesh creates the pleasures of the flesh, Smile for the will of the Spirit to enjoy. Very Happy Matters of the heart. Cool

thanks for the reply

What spirit would that be, that you are referring to?