djjd62

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:17 am
@djjd62,
wait, that might be a different Chris O'Donnell Confused
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 06:14 pm
Quote:
Angle called her opponent, Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid, "desperate" in his bid to remain in office and help preserve the Democrats' majority. In an interview at a Northeast Washington hotel, she claimed that her critics are using tactics of the late radical community organizer Saul Alinsky to try to discredit her.

"I think it's right out of Saul Alinsky's rulebook for radicals, those rules about your opponents," she said of criticism that her views put her far out of the political mainstream. "Marginalize them. That means push off as far to the side as you can. Isolate them. Make it appear that they're the only one thinking the way they do. And then demonize them. Make it look like their ideas are way out of the realm of thinking folks."

Instead, she argued, it is the tea party movement that best represents mainstream America. The country is "nostalgic," she said, for a return to Reagan Republicanism. "It's mainstream America that's finally awakened, and it really doesn't have anything to do with party so much as the [constitutional] principles," she said. "There's an anxiety level, I guess, just among mainstream America that we may not be able to preserve those principles if we don't get active."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/16/AR2010091604885.html?hpid=topnews

The fact that we keep hearing this line "no apologies" out of the Tea Party the GOP leadership must be getting the shakes. They are not going to be "co-opted" as is the plan.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 01:15 pm
Quote:

The Buckley rule

By Charles Krauthammer
Friday, September 17, 2010

You don't stop that agenda by nominating an O'Donnell in Delaware and turning a Senate seat from safe Republican to safe Democratic.

If DeMint and Palin want to show that helping O'Donnell over the top -- she won late and by six points -- wasn't a capricious spreading of fairy dust, perhaps they should go to Delaware now and get her elected to the Senate.

You made it possible. Now make it happen. I would be happy to be proved wrong about O'Donnell's electability -- I want Republicans to win that 51st seat. Stay in Delaware and show us you were right. The beaches are said to be lovely in the fall
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/16/AR2010091604899.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Thing is getting the GOP 51 Senate seats this election is not much of a priority with-in the tea party set. A lot of them think that the GOP is nearly as bad as the DEM party, these people are in it for the long haul to change all of politics, all of Washington, and turning the screws on the GOP is helpful in that. Getting the Senate is not likely anyways, and while shutting down Obama is a major goal that can be accomplished by the GOP taking the House and by creating enough political earth quakes. Krauthammer is thinking like a dinosaur here, he fundamentally misunderstands what is wanted by the people who did this. Which is why to him this looks like stupidity.
Advocate

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 01:36 pm
Christine O'Donnell has announced that she will not seek to ban masturbation. Of course, I don't know how she would have such a ban enforced. Perhaps she should get in touch with the mullahs in Iran.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 06:35 pm
@djjd62,
Was she the more masculine of that ambiguously gay duo?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:41 pm
Quote:
He said that in the end, it doesn't matter what polls say, pundits try to intimate or how much money you have. All that counts is if you have more votes than the other person.

And he's dead right.

That's why Democrats shouldn't see Tea Party candidates such as O'Donnell, Rand Paul in Kentucky and Sharron Angle in Nevada as a firewall to keep them in power. What they should be doing is having a laser-like focus on their core supporters and driving them to the polls.

If they want to cast the Tea Partiers as out of the mainstream, go right ahead. I don't think that will work for a second. What will matter is that voters are, in the words of the late comedian Robin Harris, are "pissed off to the highest level of pissivity."
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/09/17/martin.democrats.tea.party/index.html?hpt=T2

That is right....the people see how fucked we are, they see no acknowledgment of this or any planning for what to do about it from washington...and we want heads to roll. Making fun of us and/or our champions just pisses us off more.
djjd62

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 04:36 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Making fun of us and/or our champions just pisses us off more.

but it's so much fun, and really the targets are so easy

as mr orwell once said, all politicians are ridiculous fools, but some are more ridiculous and foolish than others

Confused , well he said something like that
High Seas

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 05:18 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
Making fun of us and/or our champions just pisses us off more.

[...] as mr orwell once said, all politicians are ridiculous fools, but some are more ridiculous and foolish than others[...]

Hawkeye however is no politician; he represents no political group and speaks only for himself - though why on earth he persists in using the royal "we" is a mystery to me at any rate. However he's been so exposed as an ignoramus and a fraud in so many threads that ignoring his drivel is best Smile
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 06:52 am
@hawkeye10,
Well said, Hawkeye,
I continue to be amazed at article after article written by both left and right pundits that don't recognize the longer term goals of the Tea Party. The Tea Parties are less concerned about winning majorities in Congress then driving the politicians to less government and more fiscal responsibility....and to a large extent, win or lose in Nov, they've already accomplished that goal.

But from my own conservative perch, I'd love to see a Republican House and/or Senate in Nov....and think they have an excellent chance. Folks seem to think that a tea party candidate's occasional far-right view will outweigh their message of smaller government and less spending in a voters mind come Nov. However, as we saw in 2008, arguing a candidates extreme views (Rev Wright) when said candidate makes a far-more compelling case ("Change you can believe in") doesn't work. Neither will it work for Dems this Nov.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:25 am
@slkshock7,
Nope, the purpose of the Tea Totalitarians is to destroy the Democratic Party and to lead this country to dictatorship. The real demagogues are palin and beck and both are becoming more and more shrill.
slkshock7

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:42 am
@plainoldme,
Well...destruction of the Democratic Party is certainly an admirable goal, but I haven't heard that expressed at any of the Tea Party events I've attended. Perhaps you could provide some more substantive support for your assertion than your own shrill fancies.
revelette

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:56 am
Christine O'Donnell Flashback: 'I Dabbled Into Witchcraft'

Quote:
Eleven years ago a boisterous Christine O'Donnell confessed to Bill Maher and his ABC audience that she'd dated a witch, "dabbled into witchcraft" and even went on a midnight date involving blood on an altar.

djjd62

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:59 am
@revelette,
okay, now i'm starting to like her a little more

finally a satanist we can vote for, i mean except for dick cheney of course
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:17 pm
@Advocate,
Perhaps, everyone should go to her rallies and indulge in self gratification.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:19 pm
@slkshock7,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah, now that I am finished laughing AT you, let me tell you about the little story that was on NPR last week during drive time about the origins of the Tea Totalitarians . . . that it began with some kids tweeting.

TTFN!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:20 pm
@revelette,
She dated a witch and not a warlock. Does that mean she is a lesbian or a bi-sexual?

When she was in college, she was the town pump. Figures.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 05:55 am
Not sure what a pump is, pretty sure I don't want to know.

In any event, she cancelled appearances on Sunday Morning talk shows (ever notice how many conservatives are on all these shows on the so called liberal media?) to attend planned events and a picnic. I wouldn't have mentioned the picnic if I was her spokesperson, but oh well.. I wonder if those events were planned and she had to cancel why she agreed to come on the shows in the first place?

O'Donnell Cancels Sunday Morning Show Appearances At Last Minute
plainoldme

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 06:49 am
@revelette,
I suspect that she cancelled those appearances for the same reason jan brewer refused to appear in any more gubernatorial debates: she isn't up to the scrutiny.

If she isn't mature enough, if she lacks sufficient confidence in herself to speak one-on-one to the kind of established journalists who host those SUnday morning shows, than she is neither mature enough nor confident enough to be a Senator.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 06:50 am
BTW, a male coworker said that her anti-masturbation, anti-abortion, complaining about infidelity stance is at odds with her highly sexualized appearance and personality.
0 Replies