Da Bunny's visiting New York.

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 10:14 am
@squinney,
oh, no.....

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well enough to travel, squinney. Get well soon!
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 10:43 am
@JPB,
It's me! I'm a jinx!

Maybe I'd better avoid cheering Joe and Thomas when they run on Sunday

They'll get hurt

Sobs brokenly
sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 10:52 am
@dlowan,
There there!

I wasn't prevented from making the trip because of ill health!!

I was prevented from making the trip by my potential hostess' ill health.

Um.

Thomas and Joe, be very, very careful!!
sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 10:55 am
@sozobe,
...but said potential hostess is doing much better, by the way! So if there's a jinx it's relatively short-lived!

(That wasn't a very effective balm to your tortured soul, was it.)
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 11:11 am
@sozobe,
It wasn't too bad.

I can't hear the word balm without thinking of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer burns himself on smuggled coffee at the cinema
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 12:55 pm
@dlowan,
HAH, I knew what both reactions would be. What a treat and especially to get to see each other alone. That is the only was to really focus in on the person and see clearly that she is the lovely, amazing person you knew she would be.

Yay, Boida and the Wabbit
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 12:59 pm
@dlowan,
Ohno! I was hoping to "see" squinney too.

Get better soon, Squinney.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 01:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
What Monterey Jack said....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 01:04 pm
@Rockhead,
Rocky, I do believe you captured the bunny's essence.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 01:50 pm
@Diane,
He should then bottle it and make millions if only it hasn't been done already.
http://www.99perfume.com/image/BUG17.jpg
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 02:36 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:
No one could possibly be more disappointed than I am. Really pushed making the decision to cancel until the last minute. Damn body and aging and all that! I'll cope with the discomfort much better than I will the disappointment in not being able to meet everyone.

Have fun today, Deb.
Get well soon Squinney, and resume being all happy with yourself.
There might be future meetings; who knows ?

I 've been having trouble moving around since I hurt my back a few days ago.
I 've been using some Endocet I had lying around to relieve the pain.

Best Wishes from

David
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 03:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

PICTURES!!! This is a2k. We post PICTURES of gatherings of a2kers here on a2k.
Where are the ****PICTURES*****????

A photograph of Thomas and Bunny and a waiter who asked about the whereabouts of his tip.
http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=b09e0aa0c164fba910a429ee05caaed0
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 04:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
I DON'T smell like a toilet!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 04:02 pm
What a bunch of wracked wrecks we are. I hurt my back about five days ago too.. luckily not very badly this time around.

Feel better, Roberta, Deb, David, Squinney. Squin, I'm really sorry you are missing the trip.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 04:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
PICTURES!!! This is a2k. We post PICTURES of gatherings of a2kers here on a2k.
I want to see deb looking warily at the NYC Library lions, because while the lion may lie down with the lamb,
there is no guarantee it will lie down with the wabbit. I want to see Joe Nation getting lit at legendary litterati dive bars.
I want to see OmSigDavid, in his digital camo with crossed bandoleers of ammo
I have one (count it, one) leather bandolier. I 've used it for caliber .308 Winchester (the NATO round)
for my lever action Savage 1899 rifle, when on target shooting/camping expeditions in the mountains, with friends.
(I like animals, so I don 't hunt them. I was tempted to abandon a guy up there, who used his new .22 caliber Armalite 7 rifle
to assassinate a bird, but my friends convinced me not to. He 'd still be walking.)

MontereyJack wrote:
and a smoking Uzi in either hand
I like Uzis; thay r nice, but I prefer the MP5: sweet, very sweet and smoooth. I actually HAVE some pictures like that.
My friend, Donald, married a medical doctor from Red China who came here to study. She thereafter became a citizen.
I was going to Las Vegas so I gave them a honeymoon there in The Golden Nugget, as a wedding present.
I thawt that the Las Vegas Strip lit up at nite woud be a good contrast
with the bleak n dreary continual terror that she described to me of her youth in Red China.
Donald got a new camera and he became a fotografic fiend; he can be obsessive n compulive.
We went to a gunnery range and I rented the case, so that we had free access to all of its guns;
i.e., we just pay for the ammunition.
We were enjoying all of the submachineguns, revolvers & pistols.
Don took a lot of pictures of wifey and me armed to the teeth, at the gunnery range, and a good time was had by all.

I have had occasion to see myself on TV a few times; I did not actually turn from the TV in revusion,
but I was tempted to do so; ugly sight.

MontereyJack wrote:
checking behind the sofa for commies.
Where are the ****PICTURES*****????
NEWSFLASH: The Third World War is OVER; capitalism won.

David
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 04:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsarstepan, to think that Rocky missed out is unutterably sad. I would love to smell the Bunny perfume. Makes me wonder.

That site is actually quite interesting. I seldom wear perfume, but there were some listed that I have liked for years. The only one I can no longer find is: "Le De by Givenchy." I discovered it in 1965, but Givenchy took it off the market sometime in the 70's or 80's. I looked and looked but I came to the sad realization that it would remain a fond memory.

Sorry--I digressed. Sad
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:11 pm
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

Tsarstepan, to think that Rocky missed out is unutterably sad. I would love to smell the Bunny perfume. Makes me wonder.

That site is actually quite interesting. I seldom wear perfume, but there were some listed that I have liked for years. The only one I can no longer find is: "Le De by Givenchy." I discovered it in 1965, but Givenchy took it off the market sometime in the 70's or 80's. I looked and looked but I came to the sad realization that it would remain a fond memory.
Try Google ??
ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
There might be future meetings; who knows ?

there WILL be future meetings! no dooooooooot about it

I hope everyone feels better soon!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:37 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
What a bunch of wracked wrecks we are. I hurt my back about five days ago too.. luckily not very badly this time around.

Feel better, Roberta, Deb, David, Squinney. Squin, I'm really sorry you are missing the trip.
Backs r very unpredictable, e.g. in the 1990s, I was at a summer resort. I drank too much during the day.
I had an appointment for a massage at 7PM. My masseuse was well-skilled n talented.
She had completed my massage and she was gathering up her property, as I remained prone on her table.
She chanced to lightly graze my lower back with her fingertips.
My back muscles went into violent spasm. I requested help, expecting that ex officio,
she 'd know how to successfully address this situation.
That proved not to be the case.
A long-time friend of mine was there, Steve, who made his living as a Chiropractor.
Naturally, I expected that he, of all people, woud be expressly well-suited to resolve the muscular spasm in my back.
I was disabused of THAT notion, after the masseuse went to him n sounded the alarm, with singular lack of success.

Another of my friends who was present was a fully accredited and practicing M.D. (eye doctor).
Her best efforts were equally fruitless, except for her legal authority to Rx painkillers.

Upon my request, I was dragged to the hot-tub, up at the accustomed 104 F.; so being dragged & drugged helped somewhat,
when drugs eventually arrived from the pharmacy, but it took the best part of a week b4 the status quo ante was restored
in my back.

Fortunately for me: my back pain is a lot less severe n less limiting now than it was then, but it still hurts.

David
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 10:42 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh yes, Google, ebay, and on and on.

It was the loveliest perfume I've ever worn.