deb who?
dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 08:24 pm
@dyslexia,
Buggered if I know
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 09:23 pm
oic, this thread is about that debbie person from oz, all this time I assumed it was about a stuffed animal bunny being mailed around the world as a Soz school project thing.
Roberta

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 01:36 am
@dyslexia,
Da bunny and I have known each other for many years--in writing (and once in a while on the phone). But sitting across from a poysin, seeing a face, expressions, movement, reactions, makes a big difference. Oh, how I enjoyed that experience. And the meal was delish. I had a very good time.

Got home and couldn't stay awake. Fell asleep. Now I'm up and working.

BTW, Deb. I may have figured out why I'm having trouble breathing again. I finished the course of steroids.

Enjoy your day with Squinney.

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:09 am
@Roberta,
You need more steroids you think? Erk. When do you see doctor?

Heehee....Boida's a real person.....cool. More Boida!
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 05:19 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Heehee....Boida's a real person.....cool.
i am not yet entirely convinced -- need visual confirmation...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 06:13 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

oic, this thread is about that debbie person from oz, all this time I assumed it was about a stuffed animal bunny being mailed around the world as a Soz school project thing.

Nah - that's the hamster, Penny.

She's currently hanging out with me in Kuala Lumpur airport lounge, while I wait for my flight home.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 06:26 am
Is there any, any chance that you can get to see "Gatz"? I have an "I wish I lived in New York" moment every week or so, but today's is definitely about "Gatz." (There's an extra level of "and wouldn't need an interpreter to see it," but that's immaterial.)

It sounds really incredibly fabulous. And you're THERE!

http://www.publictheater.org/component/option,com_shows/task,view/Itemid,141/id,1011

Today's NYT review (the third I've read, all raves):

http://theater.nytimes.com/2010/10/07/theater/reviews/07gatz.html

This seems worth a try, maybe?

Quote:
GATZ Rush Standby Tix

Rush Standby tickets will be sold 60 minutes before each performance at the Public Theater Box Office. Please note that TWO tickets are required to see the GATZ marathon performances. The Rush price for the full GATZ marathon is $40: $20 for Acts 1 & 2 (Chapters 1-5) and $20 for Acts 3 & 4 (Chapters 6-9). The number of tickets available varies from performance to performance. Limit 2 marathon tickets per person.

(Regular price is $140.)
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 07:37 am
@sozobe,
Speaking for me I'd not choose to sit for six and a half hours when I have long plane journeys ahead of me. (it hurts way too much)

But others here may well be interested...it looks good indeed.
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 07:46 am
@dlowan,
Well, sob....swquinney isn't well and can't make it......waaaaaah!

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 07:48 am
@dlowan,
Oh no!

And understood about sitting. I thought maybe the sitting is better than the walking et al. (There's a break in the middle, too.)

How is the pain in general?

(Hope squinney is OK, too!!)
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:07 am
@sozobe,
Sitting is REALLY bad.....standing too...stairs.....walking good for back and ribs, bad for blister.

Lol! It's kind of funny really

I actually rested all day yesterday until I went out to see Boida

Today I'll MOMA, but I won't walk all the way there again...bad for blister

Waaah .....both for Squinney not feeling right and for not seeing her

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:28 am
Calling Joe Nation . . . calling Joe Nation . . . geeze buddy, were you just sitting there waiting for me to send you a Farmville gift? . . . that was a damned quick response.
Roberta

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:31 am
Phooey about Squinney. Sorry to hear she's sick. Sorry I won't get to meet her. I was promised a giganto greeting.

Deb, you take care. Enjoy MOMA. La Guernica.

Looking forward to meeting the New England contingent.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:23 am
No one could possibly be more disappointed than I am. Really pushed making the decision to cancel until the last minute. Damn body and aging and all that! I'll cope with the discomfort much better than I will the disappointment in not being able to meet everyone.

Have fun today, Deb.
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:25 am
@squinney,
How are YOU?

Phooey to bodies!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:45 am
@squinney,

bummer...
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:53 am
PICTURES!!! This is a2k. We post PICTURES of gatherings of a2kers here on a2k. I want to see deb looking warily at the NYC Library lions, because while the lion may lie down with the lamb, there is no guarantee it will lie down with the wabbit. I want to see Joe Nation getting lit at legendary litterati dive bars. I want to see OmSigDavid, in his digital camo with crossed bandoleers of ammo and a smoking Uzi in either hand checking behind the sofa for commies. Where are the ****PICTURES*****????
dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:55 am
@MontereyJack,
Where they belong

Untaken
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 09:57 am
@MontereyJack,
here's some footage from the last one involving the bunny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg