Da Bunny's visiting New York.

dlowan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

You COULD squeeze in a side trip to Boston, you know.....

I am hoping the Boston contingent will come to NYC!!!

I'd love to see Boston, though.

How far away is it by bus or train?
dlowan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:40 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Glad you found a place to stay.

Can't wait to see you in da flesh. Face to face. Punim to punim. Eye to eye.

Ditto!

Though I am a sadly unfit fat Bunny with these last couple of years of back disasters and stupid cellulitis and bronchitis and other itises!!!!!
sozobe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 03:00 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Soz and the Region/Jesses are a maybe I don't know when.

Correct, we're maybes -- I think we'd want to stick close to the weekend but could probably be there Monday and just-possibly Tuesday as well. Depends on what's up with school and especially what's up with my potential host. That'd be the next step, to find out whether she would be in town at the time (likely) and whether she's available (she's a very hospitable type and that particular inn may not have any room at the right time, or she may have a lot going on). I'm less likely to come if a visit would put her out. (Mostly because she wouldn't hear of me staying in a hotel when she's right there and I would therefore be putting her out.)

It'd be a good time to travel in terms of airfares -- off-peak, no holidays or long weekends or anything -- so I probably won't finalize until much closer to the event.

Except for the school exception, though, we're flexible. The following weekend, for example, is equally fine.
dlowan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 03:56 pm
@sozobe,
I hope I see you in NY.

If not:
http://squirrelthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/you-make-bunny-cry1.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 04:36 pm
@dlowan,
The buses take a minimum of 4 hours. Travel time can vary due to traffic. Cheap buses include Fung Wah, Sunshine Travel and Lucky Star. Those buses are usually less than 30 bucks. Slow train (amtrak) takes 4-5 hours and is around $40. Fast train (accela) takes around 3.5 hours and is well over $100.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 05:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
Based on my last experience, nooooooooooooo. A person finally gets to NY, maybe for the first time, or after several or 50 years, and needs to then gallivant? Give a girl a break (unless she has the days and energy).
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 05:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
unless she has the days and energy

Or a winning lottery ticket. That would help considerably.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 05:02 pm
@dlowan,
Don't worry about all that. Really.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 05:11 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm still pissed (read that in american as very irritated) that I argued ad nauseum with some crones from back on abuzz re seeing their houses and how little time it would take me---- and didn't connect with a few people I wanted to otherwise, like joenation. Slap self city.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 05:11 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Though I am a sadly unfit fat Bunny with these last couple of years of back disasters and stupid cellulitis and bronchitis and other itises!!!!!

I'm not so sure I can meet up with you now bunny. I got my reputation to think about.
Here is a picture of me taken just last week:
http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/x-men_hugh_jackman_4.jpg

Sorry about those cowlicks! I can't do anything with them. Razz

Wink

And to alleviate you of your concerns, I don't believe any of us New Yorkers belong to the Sex in the City archetype. I got an ice cream belly and slightly thinning hair. So I'm no Hercules....
dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 05:18 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
well, that tears it for me, I'm canceling my airline and Chelsea Hotel reservations. I'll probably spend the time in Detroit house shopping.
margo

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 08:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
oi, tsar...

Remember da Bunny's Australian - she knows another Australian when she sees one! She (and we) don't fool easily!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:54 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

The buses take a minimum of 4 hours. Travel time can vary due to traffic. Cheap buses include Fung Wah, Sunshine Travel and Lucky Star. Those buses are usually less than 30 bucks. Slow train (amtrak) takes 4-5 hours and is around $40. Fast train (accela) takes around 3.5 hours and is well over $100.

Aaarrrggghhh.

I'd have to pay for accommodation in Boston while I have already paid for it in NY!

I can't...I am travelling on credit, and I am gonna be living on baked beans for the next decade to pay for it.

What a pity!

We really wanted to get to Boston last time we were here, and just couldn't swing it.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:55 am
@tsarstepan,
What I now lack in physical charms I make up for (on a good day) with bubbles and wit.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:55 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
well, that tears it for me, I'm canceling my airline and Chelsea Hotel reservations. I'll probably spend the time in Detroit house shopping.

Bugger!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 12:46 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
115th Street, between 7th and eighth avenues.
that is a bunny-hop, skip and a jump from where we would be staying... Smile
Sglass

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 01:09 pm
@dlowan,
I lived on West 11th next door to the New School during my sojourn in NYC.
dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 04:48 pm
@Sglass,
And a great area it is!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 04:48 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yay!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 05:15 am
@Sglass,
My first foray into Manhattan was a walk-up right off Waverly Place. Da west village. Great place to hang out.