Da Bunny's visiting New York.

Roberta

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 11:03 am
Oh, no. Da bunny's in pain. Jeez, deb, I wish I could do something for you. So far as I know, every drugstore is open on Sunday. Raptors in the park WAAAAAAH. I couldn't get to the park. But wow.

You take care of yourself. Hoits when she laughs. Oy.
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 11:08 am
@Roberta,
Boida, me getting concern from YOU about a bit of pain is widiculous!

Kind, but ridiculous.
Diane

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 11:40 am
@dlowan,
Deb, there are patches, some are called IcyHot, that can do wonders for muscle pain, etc. Also, how about wrapping that area with--what's it called?--the cotton stuff that helps hold on bandages and helps-this part's for you--keep the painful area still, so that walking isn't always moving it, causing more pain.

Does this make sense to anyone?
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:13 pm
@Diane,
Patches, eh....thank.

I don't think I could bind myself....though I certainly have seen many mummies of late. Frankly, if I never see another Egyptian artifact...stunning though they are...again I could cope.

Egypt featured greatly in my surroundings when I got lost in the louvre.....I can still acre after acre of Egypt swimming in front of my eyes...

Thomas thought I said lost in the LOO when I mentioned it last night, and was a little confused for a time..

Kind Helen left me her hot water bottle, so I'll use that tonight. Though I can see no means oh heating water here....I usually need it hotter than tap.

Man...it's two ten and I have been moaning way too long...time to scare up some breakfast!

I found a great little place yesterday. Apparently it's in the guide books, but I found it my own self. Perhaps a gentle stroll in the park followed by a drug store hunt and who knows what after?

My oh my, life is so difficult and deprived for those at leisure in this wonderful city!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 02:59 pm
Maybe you could look into public transit so you can limit your walking. Would that help?

I need to book my bus tickets. I know when I need to be in NYC. Are there plans for after the deli? I can be in NYC until maybe 5 or 6 pm before I need to head back to Boston. If there are no plans, I will head back earlier.

And hopefully I can figure out why my camera isn't working before Saturday....
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 03:41 pm
@littlek,
I am very happy to be part of post lunch plans

Yes, I need to brave the subway again....thing is stairs are bad and I LOVE to walk

I'm taking it easy today....only walked a bit and just sort of hung out
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 05:16 pm
@dlowan,
When I was in chicago lo those years ago, 2006, I found myself slightly creeped in a subway area tucked quite back from the main area, all all alone except for that guy, who might have been fine, as I wanted to take the elevator (I forget why, but I probably had a reason both to take the elevator and be creeped). So?

So, they have elevators.

dadpad

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 06:22 pm
Sorry to hear you are in pain dlowan. Very Happy I could kiss it better for you! where does it hurt?
Embarrassed ooooh... i see..... Still It might be worth it.

Blisters: I had the same in Edinburgh. Years of experience tells me you need something to cover the blister that doesn't move. Plain old sticky cotton backed tape is the trick. (We call it sticking plaster) Two or three layers wrapped over the blister.

I see its 8.30 pm in NYC. Have fun.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
When I was living there (in the late Pleistocene era), few (if any) NYC subway stops had lifts (elevators). Some, however, did have those moving staircases they call escalators. Go figure.

(P.S. -- I had a bunch of left-over perentheses [brackets] I needed to use up. Sorry.)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 06:53 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Moleskin, I wish I had had some moleskin, back in Rome.
Not that I am a moleskin expert.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 07:22 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I am very happy to be part of post lunch plans

So am I.

dlowan wrote:
Yes, I need to brave the subway again....thing is stairs are bad and I LOVE to walk

As a compromise option, keep in mind that Manhattan also has a dense network of bus lines. Fewer stairs, and you get a nice look at The City.
sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 07:51 pm
@dlowan,
The pain is worrisome. Hope a day of taking it easy helps.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 08:02 pm
So, what are your plans for tomorrow, Bunny? Tuesday? Wednesday?

I'm hoping to work out the details and be able to be there for the meet-up Saturday. The car pick-up thingy in NJ I mentioned before didn't work out. The car may have an alternator problem, so Cub and his boss are picking it up. (I wouldn't have a clue what to do about that.) My little car works fine, so I'm not opposed to taking off in your direction.

Are you keeping yourself busy this week or might you want company towards the end of the week?

Hope you are feeling better.
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 08:37 pm
@squinney,
Well , I have my own plans but if someone wants to play with me I am really happy to do that too instead!!! I am very open to whatever comes up

Seeing Boida is definitely a plan, but it's about when boida is well enough

I am in the hands of you guys and in my own hands when no other hands are outstretched

I'm more limited physically than I like right now but am very happy to explore stuff that anyone wants to do with me

My own plans are about more art, exploring manhattan more, looking at guide books more for great ideas...love to see places like the cloisters again, maybe a river cruise, finding cool cheap eats

Happy to do stuff on my own, but eager to meet up with whoever wants to hang with me
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 08:42 pm
@dlowan,
Still waiting to see if beth can make it...haven't heard from tsar ...hoping Joe and Thomas wanna play a bit more... Be lovely to play with you Squinney

But I know you all have your own lives

Frankly I have taken to my bed this afternoon to see if bit of rest helps with this exacerbation, but I ain't gonna let a bit of pain stop me for long

I'd love to see you well before Saturday squinney and anyone who wants to join us
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 08:46 pm
@Thomas,
Good re post lunch plans

Yes I have been eyeing buses with interest and they are great for seeing stuff

They were more fun in London than the subway

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 08:51 pm
@dlowan,
Be great to explore peoples favourite eateries and hangouts with them

I love the different neighbourhods in manhattan

Want to do an architectural walk

Some jazz or blues

Cool bars though I don't like really loud music cos it will ruin the hearing I have left and I love to TALK with people
squinney

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:32 pm
@dlowan,
I've never been to NYC, so no guidance from me on what to see or where to eat. It would be more like me tagging along to see whatever you want to see rather than the other way around. I'm not a rushed looker or one to be uptight about a schedule, so I was thinking more just someone to share your experience with if you wanted to.
dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:37 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

I've never been to NYC, so no guidance from me on what to see or where to eat. It would be more like me tagging along to see whatever you want to see rather than the other way around. I'm not a rushed looker or one to be uptight about a schedule, so I was thinking more just someone to share your experience with if you wanted to.

YES

Super cool!

So when can I expect you?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 10:07 pm
I know a jazz musician. I'll ask him if he can recommend a place that has good music that's not too loud.

We're going to one of my favorite places to eat. But my really favorites are too expensive. Haven't been to them in years. I checked out one online yesterday. Joe Allen's. It has three or four Es for expensive. Looked at the menu. It deserves every e. It's in the theater district. I used to work in that neighborhood.

I'll get back to you about the jazz.

0 Replies