17 States considering Arizona style law

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 02:47 pm

http://www.floppingaces.net/2010/05/23/17-states-and-counting-move-to-adopt-arizona-style-immigration-law/

FR discussion:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2519571/posts

plainoldme

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 08:45 pm
@gungasnake,
Ah, a fad!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 09:35 pm
@gungasnake,
I'll bet that you just can't wait for a Spanish only law for the US southwest, eh, Gunga?
DrewDad

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 09:38 pm
@gungasnake,
Flopping Aces? That's some crack journalistic team, right there.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 10:00 pm
@JTT,
No need to wait far as I can tell, I mean all the little things which go

Quote:
Choose a Language: English -- Spanish

Whenever you go to use swipecards at ATM machines or banks or grocery stores any more.

I mean, at any of the large apartment complexes inside the D.C. beltway you have people from 20 African countries and you'll never see any sort of a Bantu or Swahili option on any sort of machine because somebody thinks Negroes are too ******* stupid to learn to speak English...

I mean, think about it. What does that say about the way that our government and business sectors view Mexicans and other hispanics??
JTT

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 10:52 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
I mean, think about it. What does that say about the way that our government and business sectors view Mexicans and other hispanics??

I have thought about and if you would do the same, you wouldn't get caught up in your knee jerk ignorance. It's strictly a business decision.

Japan has certain things available in English. Do you think that after 60 years of being in Japan, Americans are just too ******* stupid to learn Japanese?
gungasnake

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 05:10 am
@JTT,
That's because English is still the international business language of the planet; it's a leftover from the British empire.
JTT

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:15 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
That's because English is still the international business language of the planet; it's a leftover from the British empire.

No, but nice try. Would it kill you just to admit you were being a knee jerk ignoramus, Gunga when it is so abundantly clear that such is the case?
maporsche

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 08:14 pm
@JTT,
I'm in Costa Rica right now, and I can confirm that during all of the business I've conducted over the 2 weeks I've been here, I've gotten by with a Spanish vocabulary of less than 40 words, and most of them are food related.
JTT

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 06:27 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'm in Costa Rica right now, and I can confirm that during all of the business I've conducted over the 2 weeks I've been here, I've gotten by with a Spanish vocabulary of less than 40 words, and most of them are food related.

That's pretty cool, Map. What's your point?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 09:42 am
When you think about some of the things conservatives champion . . . what they call freedom (which I would call license), a lack of government interference in private lives, an uncontrolled economy . . . with the fundamentalist wing of conservatism putting God in everything . . . the objection that the right has to illegal aliens seems a tad disjunct.

One would think the right would admire these immigrants for being swashbuckling breakers of law and freedom seekers . . . who are often deeply religious.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:18 am

I just spent a week in Mexico and the citizens that I spoke with don't have a problem with Arizona's law.

They do have a big problem with Obama's plan to allow illegals to cut in front of the line ahead of folks immigrating by the rules though.
Advocate

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:49 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

When you think about some of the things conservatives champion . . . what they call freedom (which I would call license), a lack of government interference in private lives, an uncontrolled economy . . . with the fundamentalist wing of conservatism putting God in everything . . . the objection that the right has to illegal aliens seems a tad disjunct.

One would think the right would admire these immigrants for being swashbuckling breakers of law and freedom seekers . . . who are often deeply religious.

While many on the right are opposed to the illegals, those with big money, who call the shots on the right, favor unrestricted illegal immigration. The reason is that the illegals work for coolie wages and no benefits, increasing the bottom line for corporations and farms.

0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 07:58 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
I just spent a week in Mexico and the citizens that I spoke with don't have a problem with Arizona's law.

Who are you speaking to H2OMan? Mexico is boycotting Arizona.

If you are speaking to the wait staff at some resort, they are paid to say whatever you want to hear.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 08:04 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

Who are you speaking to H2OMan?

Don't accept all of the propaganda our liberal media and Obama administration are
spewing without question... I was speaking with real Mexicans living in Mexico.
They are pissed off about the possibility that Obama will allow illegals to immigrate
ahead of those that are working within the system and playing by the rules.

Who have you been speaking to ep?
ebrown p

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 09:15 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
I was speaking with real Mexicans living in Mexico.
They are pissed off about the possibility that Obama will allow illegals to immigrate ahead of those that are working within the system and playing by the rules.

That's funny H2OMan (I supposed "real Mexicans" are also pissed off by the liberal attempt to keep assault weapons out of their country).
DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 09:24 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
I was speaking with real Mexicans living in Mexico.
They are pissed off about the possibility that Obama will allow illegals to immigrate ahead of those that are working within the system and playing by the rules.

I'm interested in why you think the opinions of Mexican nationals should be a persuasive argument about immigration reform in the U.S.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 09:38 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

I supposed "real Mexicans" are also pissed off by the liberal attempt to keep assault weapons out of their country.

You are ill informed.
Mexico has an abundant supply of real select fire assault weapons. Mexico
has many, many more real assault weapons than we have here in the US.
Our semi auto weapons are not real assault weapons and I doubt Mexicans
want them as badly as liberals thought they did... why would they?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 09:44 am

BTW, these same real Mexicans were not 'offended' by the T-shirt I wore on the streets... they liked it.

http://www.smithenterprise.com/imagesprod/shirt_back.lg.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 10:36 am
I suppose if Arizona jumped off a cliff, the rest of you would have to jump off a cliff, too.