Does she like me?

billst

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:45 pm
Hello everyone, just looking for an honest answer and not an ego boost.

A little background on the situation:

I recently got out of a 6 year relationship. While being in that relationship I forgot all about the dating scene.

This girl is a coworker, so that in itself is a bad start. I'm willing to go ahead and ask her out keeping in mind all the risks that may come with an interoffice relationship. However, before I pursue this, I want to be sure that the feelings are reciprocal.

So she began working at my office two months ago, a couple of weeks after she joined the office (as well as a few other people) we all went out to get some drinks after work. After a few rounds some of our colleagues had left, and we were having a deep conversation (At that time I was still in my relationship, so I wasn’t really looking into any of the so called Indicators of Interest), however she did ask me a bunch of personal questions about my relationship, and she asked what type of girls did I like, etc. After a while the remaining people went to a club. At the club we sat down and talked for a while, but then she told me something like “look at how cute that girl is, I’m gonna bring her over so you meet her” I protested since I still had a girlfriend and I’m not the kind of guy that cheats, but she went over and then came back. After a while she told me to go mingle so I went to have a look around, and when I came back she was chatting with a guy, so I just talked to some other guys and after a while everyone left.

After that night, I felt kind of awkward at the office with her, I felt some kind of tension while neither of us brought that up. After a while things calmed down, we became “office-friendly”, I told her that I wasn’t happy with my relationship, she offered some advice, etc. When I finally broke up with my ex, she told me “don’t go back, you weren’t happy” (don’t know if that’s relevant but I might as well give the whole picture). She then would tell me about the guys that she goes out with, and that she just doesn’t feel as comfortable as she thinks she should in order to get more serious with any of them. As the days passed I became attracted to her. Our relationship became very playful, but nothing really indicating. Although sometimes, she was cold, and other times friendly)

Two weeks ago, some people at the office went out to have lunch, and both of us were there. After lunch, one of my colleagues asked me if I was going out with this girl, since he perceived we were both flirting whenever we interacted.

Finally, what brings me to the point.

Last week, we had a conference, which was extremely boring, so I told her let’s get out of here and get some drinks. We went to have some drinks and dinner, it was supposed to be for a little while but we stayed there for a long time, she again asked me personal questions like “when was your first kiss?” or “who was your first love”, she also told me to forget about my ex, etc. (Let me be clear on this, to me this whole situation was a date, although it never had that title.) After dinner she called a friend who was at a nearby club with her boyfriend, and so we joined them. She arranged to go back with her friend since she was going to spend the night at her house. At the club she ran into a guy she knew, and began talking with him, but she was no longer paying attention to me, so I got kind of pissed and left. (Kind of a dick move, but, she did have a ride back, so I really didn’t feel at the time like I owed her an explanation). She didn’t say anything to me the following day about me leaving or anything.

I know this was a very long story, but I feel very confused about the whole thing, and since we are coworkers I don’t want to go in blindly.

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,013 • Replies: 1
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 07:54 pm
"go in" blindly?
Where?
This gal is not interested in any one person. She sounds like she likes to be on friendly terms with a lot of fellas and you are one of them.

Unless she shows that she is able to get serious and attentive to you and you alone when you are out in public, then consider yourself as one of her casual friends.

Sorry, but she's just not showing that she wants anything more than that.
0 Replies