May I see your papers, citizen?

DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 08:33 am
@revelette,
Wisconsin just had their voter ID law slapped down for the second time....

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/second-judge-rejects-state-voter-id-law-ea65kqh-162799866.html
ZREX

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 10:39 am
@DrewDad,
Bet you have to show I D to buy beer, cigarettes and to write or cash a check though. Be common increasingly alarmed that it appears most people are soooo confused over human rights vs civil liberties.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 10:45 am
@ZREX,
Beer, cigarettes and cashing checks are not protected rights, though.
parados

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 10:51 am
@ZREX,
Actually, no. I don't have to show ID to buy beer or write a check.

Some people may have to depending on where they do those things but to claim we all have to ignores reality.
roger

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 11:03 am
@parados,
If you buy your beer at Walgreen's in New Mexico you will show ID even if you are obviously over 70. I do not know if this is law or store policy. Now, before you tell me, I know this has nothing to do with the discussion. I just felt like tossing it in.
0 Replies

ZREX

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 11:52 am
@DrewDad,
They are not my point was that people show ID for many things without any debate. Yet when it comes to Law enforcement or voting all o a sudden it becomes a burden, it does not make sense to me. It just seems that a means of only allowing citizens with the right to vote, the opportunity to vote needs to be identified and implemented. I mean really do you want NonCitizens voting in our elections...Really?
DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 11:59 am
@ZREX,
That's a very nice strawman you have there. Where did you obtain it?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 12:02 pm
@ZREX,
As I said earlier in the thread:

Drewdad wrote:
The problem, as we keep pointing out, isn't that we have an issue with preventing ineligible people from voting, it is that the prevention measures that are being used will catch too many other folks in the net.

Build a net that only catches what you purport you want to catch, and I'll support it.

Every report I've seen is that the number of ineligible folks getting to vote is statistically insignificant. Meanwhile, you're proposing to disenfranchise thousands of people.

It's like someone saying, "Hey, this litter costs $10,000 a year to clean up. Let's spend $2,000,000 a year to prevent people from littering."
ZREX

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 12:16 pm
@DrewDad,
They are not bit upon request you have to prove you are legal to purchase them. So why is that ok but it is wrong in other instance, giving false information is a crime, so by the police officer asking for ID they are only verifiying the information given and ruling out that an additional crime is being committed...lol that is both weak and thin as an example but arguable non the less... Yes I do believe police, counselors and religious leaders are the most frequently lied to people.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 12:21 pm
@ZREX,
I'm sorry. I don't speak gibberish.
0 Replies

ZREX

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 01:09 pm
@DrewDad,
Sorry did not see that and darn it I agree. Off hand I do not have a zero cost means. Could explore enhancing a current system such as the SSN card to serve as an Id in theory adding a photo would not be that costly, digital is pretty inexpensive but involve the gov and the cost goes up for purchase of the equip and supplies. Etc. plus they would have to redesign...ya, too much to expect. Lol finding a cure for littering for a mere 2 mil. Way to optimistic Drew, but get your point.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 01:16 pm
@ZREX,
Quote:
I mean really do you want NonCitizens voting in our elections...Really?

How does proving someone is who they say they are prevent NonCitizens [sic] from voting?

When in doubt, just make up another excuse for requiring ID? It's a bullshit argument on your part ZREX.
hilbert

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 02:59 pm
@DrewDad,
I am not Hispanic either, but now my route to vacation in California will certainly bypass Arizona, and those S.O.B's won't be getting any of my gas tax
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 03:19 pm
@ZREX,
Dont forget about voters!
0 Replies

ZREX

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 12:23 pm
@parados,
Still laughing at your ignorance!!!
parados

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 12:52 pm
@ZREX,
ZREX wrote:

Still laughing at your ignorance!!!

Laugh while you can monkey boy.

In case you missed it, the suicide bomber was carrying an (fake) ID that would have let him vote in Michigan. Your voterID law wouldn't have prevented him from voting.
ZREX

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:58 am
@parados,
Still laughing!!
ZREX

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:03 am
@parados,
Probably voted absentee prior to his attack! C
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:25 am
@ZREX,
You laughing at your ignorance now?

I just find it interesting how instead of providing any evidence to support your BS statement, you just laugh. It says a lot about your lack of argument.
ZREX

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 09:23 am
@parados,
No still at you....Well maybe with you? could take it down another level or two, but choosing not to. You gave nothing to sway my opinion or to counter my example that I admitted at posting were thin and weak(****). The one thing I did learn is that you are obviously a subject matter expert on fecal matter. I knew what it was you identified the type. Your good!!/