May I see your papers, citizen?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David, stick to the here and now. Things change. The Republican party used to be opposed to slavery.

You don't like in a free country, you live in a country where Media Barons and other oligarchs set the rules. And it will get a lot worse if Romney gets in.
spendius

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 05:30 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Things change.

Bear that in mind izzy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 09:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Go do some research.

You accuse me of fraud, while telling bald-faced lies.

Even worse, they are lies that are easily checked and debunked.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
David, stick to the here and now. Things change.
The Republican party used to be [????] opposed to slavery.

You don't like in a free country, you live in a country where Media Barons
and other oligarchs set the rules. And it will get a lot worse if Romney gets in.
Newspapers have no power to make any rules; not even 1 rule.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:02 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Go do some research.

Even worse, they are lies that are easily checked and debunked.
NON-sense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
David, stick to the here and now. Things change.
The Republican party used to be [????] opposed to slavery.

You don't like in a free country, you live in a country where Media Barons
and other oligarchs set the rules. And it will get a lot worse if Romney gets in.
Newspapers have no power to make any rules; not even 1 rule.

David

That's what they want you to think.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Did the GOP call for the repeal of the 13th Amendment ??
izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 02:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Do I have to spell it out? The oligarchs can't write laws, but the politicians they have in their pockets can.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 04:57 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

David, stick to the here and now. Things change. The Republican party used to be opposed to slavery.

You don't like in a free country, you live in a country where Media Barons and other oligarchs set the rules. And it will get a lot worse if Romney gets in.

Re4cent history suggests that you aerew merely projecting domestic issues in the UK on us. Have you ever beren to the United States? I assume so since you appear to be so very intertested in our domestic affairs.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 07:10 pm
@georgeob1,
Yes, he has.

Have you?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 07:56 pm
No wonder the dems are so opposed to voter id cards, its their own candidate committing fraud...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-wendy-rosen-withdraws-20120910,0,3764352.story
engineer

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 08:44 pm
@mysteryman,
And yet voter id cards would not have prevented her from voting in either place.
roger

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 08:48 pm
@engineer,
You're saying she could have voter id in more than one state, or that she were using two driver licenses from two states?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:35 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

What's the lie? It's the plain truth that the Democratic-Republican party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison is the same organization as the Democratic Party of today. Somewhere along the way, they dropped the "Republican" part of their label where the party of Lincoln picked it up in the 1850s.

That said, I, too, am disappointed to see OmSigDavid disparage the party of Jefferson and Madison as a gang of fraudsters.
Thomas

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:21 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
No wonder the dems are so opposed to voter id cards, its their own candidate committing fraud...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-wendy-rosen-withdraws-20120910,0,3764352.story

Did you even read your own link, Mysteryman?

The Baltimore Sun wrote:
Democratic leaders — who raised the allegations, urged Rosen to step aside and notified prosecutors — said they would gather Central Committee members this month to identify a write-in candidate for the district, which includes the Eastern Shore and parts of Harford, Carroll, Cecil and Baltimore counties.

Notice: it's "Democratic Leaders", not Republicans or outside watchdog groups, who "raised the allegations" of voter fraud and asked their own candidate to resign. So this is a case of the Democratic party keeping its own house in order. If you truly believe this is a tale of general Democratic fraudulence, you're a fabulist, imagining your own reality. If you don't and you tell it like that anyway, you are yourself, well, a fraud. Neither possibility is flattering. So do yourself a favor and please pay more attention to the facts in the future.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 07:01 am
@Thomas,
The Democratic-Republican party splintered, and one group kept the Democrat name; that doesn't make them the same party.

Attempting to tie the current Democratic party to the actions of a man in 1812 is pathetic.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 10:09 am
@DrewDad,
Why not. You damn democrates keep trying to tie saint Bush to things that happened in the distant past.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 11:52 am

How Jim Cramer Solved His Dad’s Voter ID Mess In 7 Hours

Quote:
As TPM reported earlier, CNBC’s Jim Cramer tweeted on Tuesday morning that his father — a World War II veteran named Ken — would lose the ability to vote under the state voter ID law because he “does not drive, he is elderly, and can’t prove his citizenship.”

Less than seven hours later, the “Mad Money” host tweeted that authorities with Pennsylvania’s transportation office “came directly to the rescue” of his father.

RABEL222

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:50 pm
@revelette,
How many old people without famous kids do you think they will do this for? If you give me any % but o% I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 08:19 am
Voter Registration Groups Racing Against Time In Post-Purge Florida

0 Replies