Walking Journal and Walking Stories

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 07:05 pm
Due to excessive remaining sugar and caffeine (very large mocha coffee) and exposure to a brutally frustrating documentary Inside Job, I will be walking homebound tonight from the cinema on Houston St. to avoid chocopolitical implosion!
dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
Do they have a support group for that???

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:07 pm
@dlowan,
Perhaps in European countries with their well established socialized medicine....
dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, WE support you!!!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 12:06 am
@dlowan,
Thank you for your generous support, Bunny!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 02:08 pm
Merry Christmas Fellow Walkers! Just watched heartbreaking film The Illusionist. Was going to get some authentic Chinese food from Chinatown for dinner but backed down because it was too crowded so I decided to walk home across the Brooklyn Bridge. A personal first... read you on the other side....
ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 02:47 pm
@hingehead,
Looking forward to slide shows..
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 11:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Half way through Brooklyn, I had to take a minor pit stop as I was feeling irritably peckish at that point. Stopped at the wonderful El Moderno mexican restaurant on 519 Metropolitan Avenue.

Drank a great limonade and feasted on nachos supreme with a mouthwatering chorizo as an appetizer and enjoyed the enchiladas el moderno (mushrooms and spinach with a green sauce). The only slight on the night pit stop was having to watch the Celtics lose to Orlando by 8 points. Why did the coach waste their last time out with 43 seconds left when they were only down by 4 points?!

The nerve of him in almost ruining my Christmas evening!! Razz
http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/el-moderno/
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 11:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
http://i54.tinypic.com/eqv69v.jpg
11.2+ miles walk from the Landmark Sunshine Cinema on East Houston to home via the Brooklyn Bridge according to Google but you have to add an unknown distance as this is a guestimate where I walked from. Google maps led me astray as I kind of got lost in the Brooklyn Heights area when Google when on the fritz in its directions.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 12:56 am
@tsarstepan,
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5008/5292047761_3a45198af6_z.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32864333@N03/sets/72157625674145050/
A character I met on my way across the Brooklyn Bridge. Not very talkative but still friendly....
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:04 pm
Went to the Paul Taylor Company open house. Decided
to cross the Williamsburg Bridge for my trek home. Will bear the chill as it's 20 degrees not counting windchill.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
The character is kinda cute.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Goodly walk there...

I remember Diane and I being helped out by a nice passerby as we stood puzzled on Houston Street staring at a map..
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:14 pm
@plainoldme,
With his M cape, this second cousin to Don King is a great silent host for the Brooklyn Bridge.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:18 pm
@ossobuco,
I have to find new routes or get that camera I've been thinking about grabbing to keep my walks from getting too stale.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yeh. A good camera changes your eyeing at least a bit. On my travels or walks, sometimes I took mine and sometimes not, different experiences. Then there was black and white. I still have one old role, which I suppose is in ruins by now.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 09:23 pm
This past week and a half, I've been walking home via the 59th St. bridge route with a stopover at the nearby 59th St. Crunch Gym.

Not really an exciting walking story but a good deal more exercise had these days then a mere point A to point B trek.
msolga

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 10:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks for reminding me about getting back into walking again, tsar.
I know that this was not the intention of of your post, but I really needed a reminder. Smile

As for the rest of the walkers who frequent this thread ...
Any good walking stories lately?
Love to hear them.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 05:07 am
@msolga,
I hope to hear that you have been up and padding about the countryside dear MsOlga.

And would love to also hear the further adventures of the Empirical Walkers of a2k. The name of the group I just created for those leaving their walking stories here at the walking journal.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 05:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

This past week and a half, I've been walking home via the 59th St. bridge route
feeling groovy?