I am getting obsessed with walking and can't even sit for a minute I'm scared that I'll loose muscle

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2023 05:38 pm
Getting obsessed with walking and can't even sit for a minute, I need serious advise please

On a daily basis I walk a bare minimum of 45k steps a day and I never sit even for a short second and now the step count is becoming worse, I'm an anorexic in recovery and I know doing this really slows down my weight gain, I want to gain weight fast but I really can't get rid of the obsessive walking. I've read articles that sitting too long leads to muscle loss and weaknesses and I'm just scared of that. Please, any tips on how to get rid of these thoughts? I can't continue doing this for long I'm so desperate for help I can't do this on my own

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2023 05:57 pm
@Katermanaria,
Quote:
a bare minimum of 45k steps a day
wait... how do you find the time to walk that much every day??

it takes me two hours and change to do 16k...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 10:05 am
@Katermanaria,
Since you're a recovering anorexic, talk to your care team. This may just be another manifestation of that.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 01:28 pm
@Katermanaria,
Katermanaria wrote:

Please, any tips on how to get rid of these thoughts?

Try a therapist that specializes in Cognitive behavioral therapy. Talk therapy that helps you recognize certain thought patterns and behaviors (their origins and frequency) and shows you steps on how to minimize/change how you react to them.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2023 04:18 pm
@Katermanaria,
Your concern is a bit misguided. You should be more concerned about finding your way back home as you’re going to be about 20 miles away from home after you’re done walking.

Furthermore, there’s also the missing 6.5 hours from your work day.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2023 11:15 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Furthermore, there’s also the missing 6.5 hours from your work day.

But...
1. Could be unemployed?
2. Or walking as part of her working?
Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2023 09:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
If you slip in a decimal and move it over it becomes 2.1 miles and 40-45 or so minutes. A bit more believable.
0 Replies

Stacyh

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2024 10:44 am
@Katermanaria,
You might be spending a massive amount of time. How do you earn your living? I think that muscle will be secondary long term. Consider that this is probably part of your anorexia problem: a way of compulsion. Like the people with OCD that washes their hands, and in the absence of water they use wet wipes. You might be probably trying to progress on the food part, but probably the walking are your wet wipes.

I've seen a ton of people with anorexia on food treatment, that after that jumped into the gym and they do like 3-4 hours per day. Gym became their wet wipes. There are a lot of Workout benefits including walking, but this is not one in your case.

The muscle part is completely irrelevant. Be wary of this problem.
0 Replies