• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,473 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 01:50 pm
@Bella Dea,
I am so tired of being sick. Everyone keeps saying "it's the weather" but the weather doesn't make you sick. GERMS make you sick. And I have some mutant radical germ that refuses to go away.
djjd62

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 01:52 pm
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:00 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Quite possibly the worlds most perfect drug. Ahhhh. Cool

Closest to perfect perhaps, but that's a matter of opinion.

Actually perfect? Nope...because:

1) It doesn't grow on low bushes you can plant among your Azealeas
2) It's addictive which wouldn't be so bad if, overtime, you didn't need more to get you to the same place, and it grew on bushes you could plant among your Azaeleas.
3) It always gets paired with acetaminophen - that stuff will ruin your liver!
Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:05 pm
Bella, what are you using this to treat?

The side effects sound worse than any illness:

Quote:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody, black, or tarry stools; blurred vision; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; depression; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; mental or mood changes; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe headache or dizziness; severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea; severe vomiting; shortness of breath; slow or shallow breathing; stiff neck; sudden or unexplained weight gain; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint or muscle pain; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision or speech changes; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:10 pm
A rotten cough.

This is the only thing that keeps me from coughing all night long. Regular over the counter cough syrups don't cut it. I only take it as needed, usually for 3-5 days. And it's generally about once a year. I've never had any side effects of it, other than feeling higher than a kite and sleepy. LOL I only take it at night, because coughing during the day isn't nearly as bad as at night. Besides, my asthma is worse at night so I tend to get in a coughing fit and can't get out of it, even with my rescue inhaler. The Hyrdocodone keeps me from starting the coughing fit. And it helps me sleep. Bonus.
Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ha!

Well, I'm not taking acetaminophen with it so I should be good to go.
wandeljw

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:13 pm
@Bella Dea,
You are also more talkative than you have been in a long time. Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:15 pm
I haven't been here in a while. My extended vacation has done me good. Smile
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 12:11 am
@Bella Dea,
Quote:
A rotten cough.
Assuming you dont smoke, keep a dust free room if you can afford it by positive pressure ventilation and filters, wash all your bedlinen after spraying it with pyrethrum and leave it in the sun for a couple of days. Try meditation combined with deep breathing exercises. I dont know how much salt you take but increasing it if you have a cough can help if you have too little. Also vitamin C should help.

If you are overweight you should think about losing some of it and exercise helps one sleep at night by requiring a lower slower respiration rate when you are fitter. I am not anti-drugs as such but a great deal can be conquered by going for the cause rather than the symptom.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 06:54 pm
@Ionus,
OMG

This is a drug thread, not a nanny new wave/home made curative thread.
Ionus

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:08 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
What was I thinking ! Of course there are no alternatives to drugs. This thread is a paid advertisement and you are a marketing lacky.
roger

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 01:59 am
@Ionus,
I would have to report that, if only I could make out what your were selling.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 06:46 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:
I am so tired of being sick. Everyone keeps saying "it's the weather" but the weather doesn't make you sick.

GERMS make you sick. And

I have some mutant radical germ that refuses to go away.
I bet he 's a radical Democrat.

David
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 07:15 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Well, I'm not taking acetaminophen with it so I should be good to go.

Yes you are my dear druggie.

Its in the pill thats called hydrocodone.
you see those two numbers on the bottom? usually 2.5/500 or something? The first set is the amount of good drug, the second set is the amount of acetaminophen.
Bella Dea

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 12:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
A radical democrat inside a radical democrat?

Hm. Weird.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 12:06 pm
@shewolfnm,
I'm not taking a pill.

I'm taking Tussionex Pennkinetic Extended-Release Suspension liquid. There isn't acetaminophen in it.
Ionus

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 01:39 am
@Bella Dea,
Are you working for the company that makes it ?
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 06:58 am
@Ionus,
Uh, no.

It just happens to be the only thing that works for me. I have asthma and regular cough syrup doesn't keep the cough at bay during the night.

I don't take this in the day because well, I'd be falling around. But for a week or so, I take it at night to "break the cycle" so to speak.

I cough because I'm sick, it irritates my asthma which causes me to cough, which then irritates my already irritated lungs/bronchi...it's a vicious cycle.
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 07:07 am
he just wants you to give him some Cool