Hydrocodone

Ionus

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 08:30 am
@shewolfnm,
Actually I am very suspicious after a friend returned from working a couple of years for a gaming company and one of the jobs they had to do after the game was released was to go around to all the web sites and razz the competition and praise their game. It has made me realise how unscrupulous some treat the internet and how it is best not to assume anything.
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 08:31 am
@Ionus,
Ah, Ionus, you don't know me but I've been around here for some time. I just took a lil vacation recently.

Smile
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 03:20 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

I cough because I'm sick, it irritates my asthma which causes me to cough, which then irritates my already irritated lungs/bronchi...it's a vicious cycle.

...and an excellent excuse to take drugs!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 03:26 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

What was I thinking ! Of course there are no alternatives to drugs. This thread is a paid advertisement and you are a marketing lacky.

Not much of sense of humor I see.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 03:49 pm
Hi, Bella. I get why you are taking hydrocodone, but I worry. I had my purse stolen by accident (!) back in 2001. I had just photographed a wedding the day after my long second lumpectomy surgery w/a general anaesthetic, was exhausted and wanting to get home, and drove off with my purse on the roof of the car..

about a week later a woman called - the purse had been found in a park a number of blocks from the house I drove away from with my wallet and everything in it but the hydrocodone pills (unused) the folks at the hospital gave me to take in case of pain. I see it as scarily addictive, but don't know the precise data.

I've had asthma/coughing trouble in the past and sympathize on that. Still, I hope you look into other alternatives for recuperation. Even a less addictive pill - someone I know got by for a while on darvoset (spelling?), which is less strong and may be less addictive. Don't trust me, I'm just sayin'.

Me, I took some wretched honey cough type syrup, which did the job well enough. Maybe your asthma is worse than mine, and fear of it more reasonable - wish you'd look into it more.
roger

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 04:14 pm
@Bella Dea,
Opiates are good, sometimes. If it's the difference between staying awake all night, or getting some sleep, take the stuff. Your bod does its best healing when it is asleep.

You've been around way to long for anyone to think you are suddenly spamming the site.

Now, me, on the other hand. . . . Well, I just got the greatest little cat grooming tool I've ever used. It's called Furminator, and the guys put up with it fairly well. For price, Petco is not the go - to store.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:26 am
Oh I know Osso, I know it's addictive and I only take it for a week or less because after that I'm afraid that I won't be able to fall asleep or stay asleep without it.

I didn't take it last night and I am doing just fine. No addiction. As well, I only take the recommended dose, which is a teaspoon, so I don't think there is a huge risk of addiction if I am not taking more than recommended.

But regardless, I understand the risks and have never had a history of drug abuse/addiction so I feel pretty secure in taking it once a year. Because that's generally how often I need it. That one cold between winter and spring that just gets me.
Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:28 am
@ossobuco,
In regards to the honey cough syrup, I've tried pretty much all of them; liquid or pill form, and none seem to do it. I think it's because my major symptom of an asthma attack at night is coughing. I don't wheeze, I cough.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:29 am
Oh and I love being back and having people concerned over me. Silly? Yes. But I still love it.

I missed you guys.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 12:59 pm
@Bella Dea,
Good then...

and I'm really glad you're back too.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 11:27 pm
@Bella Dea,
You took a vacation and you didnt take me....well I guess I know who my friends are... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 11:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Not much of sense of humor I see.
Having raised three kids successfully and with two to go, I dont do nanny jokes. Very Happy But you are right, I should have been more perceptive.

I do believe in drug free treatment and little life style changes can and do make a huge difference. It is not that I dont trust drug companies, it is simply that I want to burn them down. Issues like Thalidimide being promoted over natural alternatives, and ignoring warnings about BEX and other products, whilst being held unaccountable in most of the world for their bad behaviour, cause me to be anti-drug. They now tell us that paracetamol doubles the chances of stroke. Is there a safe drug ?
0 Replies