Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 02:33 pm
Link to The Wonders of Balsamic Vinegar in the Food category:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=35731#35731
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 02:35 pm
WHAT! Shocked ....This isn't the cooking section?....In your signature line GW...What sort of seasoning? Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 02:51 pm
It's the political "what's cooking" section! But if you're soured (sic) on politics, you can move over to the Food section for a continued discussion on Balsamic vinegars. It's been used here strictly as window dressing -- that is, if you have a nice mix green, mushroom salad in the window!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 02:54 pm
This is Windows, isn't it?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 03:18 pm
hmmmmmm. problem is, i watched some show sampling the really hoity-toity varieties -- $300 a bottle, and has to be officially sampled and stamped by the local gubmint. (course, at this point, after months of ruminating on this in my head, it might be a disappointment -- naaaahhhh....)
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 03:29 pm
Come to think of it GW,.....I hadn't even noticed this was the political section. Who mentioned in this thread? Surprised Not complaining mind you. I'm Cool with it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 03:35 pm
patiodog: we've move the Balsamic vinegar discussion over to Food!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 03:41 pm
Oh, all right then. Notice how nobody seems to have mentioned Switzerland?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:00 pm
Basle has a nice railway station
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:00 pm
Lessee...banks...snow...clocks......zzzzzzzzzzz...(huh!) Oh! Yeah, great place, neutrality and everything.....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:01 pm
Fell in love the mountains of Lauterbrunnen. Wasn't so keen on dropping forty bucks for a pot of melted cheese, though...
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:05 pm
Er....Swiss people, you know I'm crazy right? .....But full of love. Razz Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:29 pm
$40 for a pot of melted cheese? Jeez

Still being melted, you didn't pay for the holes.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:36 pm
went for the storebought spatzl instead, which turned into a horrible starchy mess in the camppot. still, though, it was aug. 1 (big holiday there), so enjoyed fireworks and german beer.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:37 pm
Now JOKE of the day

or at least the joke in my head right now.

i will probably get banned from all a2k, abuzz, www, and london transport for this but what the hell I thought it was funny.

Little Jewish boy doesn't like mathematics. Desperate parents eventually send him to a Catholic convent school. After a few weeks he is studying well and making progress. At the end of the first term he gets a glowing report in maths.

"Well Danny I knew you could do it!" says his Dad. "Why are you doing so much better at your new school?"

Danny says: "Well I knew from the first day that those nuns meant business with arithmetic when I saw that guy nailed to the big plus sign".
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:51 pm
<snicker> Silly man.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:58 pm
Steve, Looks like you blokes in the UK are getting jokes a wee bit late. That's an old one, but still worth a good laugh... c.i.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:58 pm
The variety of food in our markets is one big plus for the U.S., especially if you go to a gourmet market like Bristol Farms as they have lower priced and higher priced goods from all over the world.
I appear to have peaked everyone's appitite here which is fine. I can see moving to a city because of the food. Honoluly has Michelle's for French, Nick's Fish Market for fresh seafood, Mai Lei room at the Kahala Hilton for Asian, and one of the best Mexican restaurants in the world is above Kona on the road up to the coffee plantations!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:09 pm
Our function in life is to bring a little humour. God knows we don't bring much else.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:11 pm
No one does period piece movies like the Angle-ish, Boss, don't be too hard on yerselves . . . an' them Windsors have got the world's longest runnin' gag routine, hands down . . .
0 Replies