Back in college, I was given the task of figuring out how to get drunk while eating waffles. The following is how I achieved my objective.
It was a special recipe kept secret until just now. I've decided to declassify it after reading farmerman's thread ( http://able2know.org/topic/143641-1 ) about Guinness and V-8.
This is how you make alcoholic waffles. This is the "Blame Canada."
1) Take a seal-able container and put blueberries in it. Pour Creme Sherry into the container until water level is above the berries. Seal the container. Refrigerate.
2) Get a saucepan, fill it with water halfway. Heat water (boiling not necessary). In a second smaller container, mix one part whiskey with 2 parts maple syrup. Set small container in hot water. Stir mixture until syrup has dissolved and liquid is consistent. Remove smaller container from heated water and allow it to cool to room temp (don't refrigerate).
3) Make regular waffles.
4) Place berries on top of waffle, pour on syrup.
6) Drunk dial the one that got away.
8) Blame Canada.
I did some odd things in college. This is probably about a 5/10 in terms of weird things I did to get drunk. In those times, I learned a few things.
1) Don't get in a drinkinng contest with someone who is willing to die.
2) Starring death in the face is scary, but if you do it like four nights in a row, you're just neighbors.
Hmmm, K. I'll happily take the blame and fuel to the fire...
How about some waffles served with drunken Saskatoon berries in a warm Okanagan fuji apple ice wine syrup, draped in whipped cream made with a Niagara wine Irish cream, over bacon soaked in thickened rye whiskey and maple syrup and baked till candied.
Of course this being Wednesday, it's only half the calories.