jenn121

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 02:04 pm
hi, so im not sure when i would have conceived but it must have been about 3 weeks ago, if i am pregnant. ( im not sure) but i was experiencing nausea for the past 2- 3 weeks, and little headaches every once in a while.. also i have been a bit moody, i sometimes get hot and dizzy i pee a little mroe then usual... as of about 3 days ago i keep getting cramping on and off. im on the pill. but i have missed a few and almost never tke them at the right time. my boobs dont hurt tho. thats one of the only symptoms i dont have... could someone help me out please. im 16 and i need answers im freaking out. could i be pregnant. p.s i took a test on the 13th of march its not the 21st but it was negative... im going to take another one next weekend on the 27th. but could it be possible that im pregnant?

Cycloptichorn

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 02:07 pm
@jenn121,
Well this is easy enough.

Q: Did you have sex?

A: if you did, then yes - you could be pregnant.

Not taking your pills on time or missing them drops their effectiveness tremendously.

Good luck...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

jenn121

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 02:09 pm
@jenn121,
oh and i would like very specific detailed answers... but ones like the first one are good enuff i just want input from everyone.
mismi

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 02:13 pm
@jenn121,
Three weeks seems to be a little early to have nausea to me. I thought that didn't happen until around 6 weeks. I didn't have a clue I was pregnant either time until around 5 - 6 weeks. Mainly because I had missed my cycle, then being tired and nauseous.

That is not a clinical assessment though...as previously stated - if you had sex and have missed taking your birth control pills, it is indeed possible.
0 Replies

JPB

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:01 pm
@jenn121,
where are you in your pill cycle? Where were you in your pill cycle when you forgot to take them? Did you "miss a few" in a single cycle? Did you have a regular period at the end of your previous pill cycle?

Stress can mimic just about every single symptom of pregnancy. Chill out. Unless you missed multiple pills in the same cycle (in which case you should have used an alternative method of birth control) then the chances are that you aren't pregnant.
jenn121

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:21 pm
@JPB,
im not sure when i missed them but i miss them all the time. and take them way to late. like i usually take them around 3p.m but sumtimes i forget until like 11 - 12 p.m and i take them.. and my last prd. was way to light and only lasted 2-3 days compared to my usual 4-5
jenn121

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:21 pm
@JPB,
oh and im not really stressed, just wondering.. it doesnt really bother me for some reason.
0 Replies

JPB

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 04:18 pm
@jenn121,
I'm thinking the pill isn't the best form of birth control for you. If you aren't able to consistently take them then switch to another method.

As to whether you're pregnant now... if you think you conceived three weeks ago then a pregnancy test will be positive now if you are pregnant. If the light period you had was three or more weeks from the time you did the pregnancy test then you weren't pregnant then either.

When does this cycle of pills end? If it's soon then finish this cycle and see how your period is. In the meantime, if you've missed (as in not taken in a 24 hour period) two or more pills in this cycle then use another form of birth control until you begin the next cycle.

I would seriously suggest you talk to whoever prescribed you the pills about a different method of birth control. This one isn't right for you.
CalamityJane

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 04:22 pm
@jenn121,
Get to a Planned Parenthood office near you and have them take a pregnancy
test along with a counseling session in how to proceed further in case you are pregnant. Planned Parenthood has excellent prenatal care, should you choose
to go that route. It also has other options available for you.
0 Replies

jenn121

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 04:41 pm
@JPB,
yeah, my moms supposed to make me an appointment to change it. and i have 3 weeks left of my pills.. and i dont think i concieved 3 weeks ago, i checked my calendar.. if i did it would have been probably between the 20th and the 28th of february.. maybe but i cant be too sure because me and my boyfriend do it just about every day multiple times.
0 Replies

sozobe

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 05:23 pm
@jenn121,
If you're taking one a day though, the time of day doesn't matter that much. Ideally the same time every day, but when you said "late" I thought you meant more like a day or two late -- if you are taking them only a matter of hours late that isn't likely to cause pregnancy, from what I know of it.
jenn121

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 05:47 pm
@sozobe,
but i also miss days sometimes even 2 or 3 at a time. because i forget, i never used to forget it started recently when i started going back to school that ive been so forgetful.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 05:54 pm
Have i not seen ads on TV for a super duper accurate pregnancy test?
0 Replies

djjd62

Sun 21 Mar, 2010 07:09 pm
just a thought, but if you're not responsible enough to take your birth control on a consistent basis, you might not be responsible enough to be having sex

and birth control won't prevent an STD, get your boyfriend or who ever to use a condom
jenn121

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 06:01 am
@djjd62,
uhm, i just lost my virginity 6 months ago to this one same person. he doesnt have any std's and being with him has atually made me much more mature, considering how old he is compared to me ive learned more responsibilities.
jenn121

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 06:02 am
@jenn121,
OH JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW, I GOT SICK 3 TIMES THIS MORNING, IT WAS TERRIBLE. Sad
jespah

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 06:09 am
@jenn121,
Uh, you might just have flu or something else that's making you sick.

In any event, grab a home pregnancy test and use it.
jenn121

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 06:32 am
@jespah,
yeah but i havent had a fever ithink i might know but for the past 3 weeks until know i was just naseaus this is the first time ive thrown up.. morning sickness???
sozobe

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 06:32 am
@jenn121,
djjd's point stands, though, jenn121 -- if you're not responsible enough to take care of birth control, you're not responsible enough for sex.

Even if you're MORE responsible and mature than you were, if you can't do that, sounds like not responsible and mature enough.

(How do you know he doesn't have any std's?)
jenn121

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:15 am
@sozobe,
checked. thats how.