sozobe

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:23 am
@jenn121,
I mean, do you have just his word for it?

People have been known to lie.

That's an aside though.

Main point -- if you're not pregnant this time, if you continue to be that irresponsible with taking your pills, (and if both of you are fertile), it's gonna happen. Your options are:

1.) Don't change anything, and have a baby.

2.) Start taking your pill reliably.

3.) Change your birth control method (IUD maybe, or something along those lines, that you don't have to expend as much mental energy on).
0 Replies

JPB

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:32 am
@jenn121,
jenn121 wrote:

yeah but i havent had a fever ithink i might know but for the past 3 weeks until know i was just naseaus this is the first time ive thrown up.. morning sickness???

Get and take a pregnancy test. Guessing and wondering isn't doing you any good. CJane suggested visiting PP for the test. I would suggest visiting whoever wrote the prescription for BCP. If it was PP then go there for the test. If it was a private doctor then go there. If you trust you mom to be with you when you take the test then get a home test and have her sit with you while you take it. If not then have it done at a dr's office or clinic. I think you need to take a test soon and I don't think you should do it by yourself.
jenn121

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:47 am
@JPB,
i have taken one on the 14th it was neg. i have a doc. appointment tomorrow. and i dont live with my mom. i live with my boyfriend like i have for 6 months.

why cant i take one by myself?
engineer

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:51 am
@jenn121,
You can take it by yourself, but there are times to reach out for emotional support and this is one of them. You've done some of that by reaching out to us here, but we can only do so much for you. Having someone who cares for you and who you can confide in might be a big help.
0 Replies

JPB

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:53 am
@jenn121,
Because if you are pregnant then life as you know it is either going to change permanently or your going to be facing a monumental decision that I don't think a 16 year old should face alone.

I'm glad you've got an appt tomorrow.
Linkat

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:17 am
@sozobe,
I agree - I have taken the pill for many years - and unless you are on the mini pill, then as long as you have taken within the same day, it is highly unlikely you would be pregnant. But there is always that .1% chance.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:21 am
@JPB,
Agreed - I would ask your doctor for a recommedation and advice - or maybe some one you can go to for advice. Seems that you are involved in a mature relationship which for most 16 years old may be too mature for them. Maybe you are mature enough, but from the little I can read here, honestly, it doesn't sound like you are. Is there some one you trust, an adult, you can go to for advice?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:22 am
@jenn121,
jenn121 wrote:
could it be possible that im pregnant?

yes

soooo - you can either take a test now or make an appointment with a doctor for a test or just wait and see

given the problems you report in taking your meds reliably you should probably see the doc in any case - you need a method of BC that doesn't rely on you to use it each day

good luck with baby
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:45 pm
Dear..men dont MAKE you mature. That happens with time. At your age, it is impossible to be 'mature'. Just slow down and enjoy it.

But, as others have said, YES. if you are having sex , you can be pregnant.

I dont care if he put his penis in your nose. If you are having vaginal intercourse, that is how you have babies. No matter what.
If you are missing your pills then buy an alarm clock or something and set it for a 24 alarm. If you cant remember that, there are patches and IUD's that are absolutely amazing.

At 16, the last thing you need is a baby. You cant even remember to handle yourself. Sad go to planned parent hood if you dont want to go to a doctor and just get something different so you dont have to come to this point again. A mature thing to do would be to have a different form of birth control given to you so that you dont have to think about pills. Obviously they are not right for you anyway. I had that problem with pills too. Hated them. Absolutely hated them. Got my tubes tied instead Smile
Freeeedom! its fantastic.
Sex isnt that important that you cant hold off on it for a few days to get something else done. IUD or patch or what ever.

Why isnt 'mature man' taking some responsibility in this too? He should have a condom.
Oh wait.
let me guess

he tells you it doesnt feel as good.. so he expects YOU to shoulder all the burden huh?
Classic.
jenn121

Tue 23 Mar, 2010 08:31 am
@shewolfnm,
i have a doc. appt today. and no. lol im usually theo ne to tell him that. we are actually out right now. sooo. and my plan is to change my bc method. if im not pregnant. obv.

- jenn121
0 Replies

jenn121

Tue 23 Mar, 2010 01:12 pm
k so my results were neg. they said i have bug that last a few days, so why have i felt like bad for over 2 weeks. what ever. atleast im not pregnant. haha
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Tue 23 Mar, 2010 02:04 pm
right on.

so what are you switching to now?
there are SO many other super easy forms of birth control out there.
I personally found the pill to be a pain in the ass. Laughing

iud would be nice. You dont even have to think about that one.

Or the patch. Thats just once a week
jenn121

Tue 23 Mar, 2010 03:57 pm
@shewolfnm,
i think i might switch to nuva ring but i heard that has a lot of problems. im scared of iud, because my friend has that and she said that if it gets moved outof place or something it could kill you? is that true?
ehBeth

Tue 23 Mar, 2010 04:07 pm
@jenn121,
What did your doctor suggest when you asked about alternative birth control methods?
0 Replies